Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thursday hellos

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday hellos

First and foremost, Sherri, you fill out a work place accident form and file it! Do it while the events are fresh in your mind. That way you'll be covered if anything stays sore too long, or there's a soft tissue injury. (Bossy momma's are in here this morning!) I do hope you feel better and find something that will be more inspiring for you. Going to work when you're not appreciated or properly trained is so hard to do.

Well for someone with no major plans, I made a lap top quilt yesterday using Donna Jordan's jelly roll, log cabin. I've cut the first border, but I'll have to find something for the outer border. I'm going to piece the middle border. With it using jelly rolls, there wasn't a lot of cutting. The blocks went together easily and I felt like I got something done for a change. If you all would say a few prayers over it with me today and tomorrow. It's for Howard's cousin, Mike (Chris's Dad). He's been through 3 different cancers in 4 years, lung, prostate, now brain tumors. I've been feeling the need to make him a quilt for a while. I've just not been able to do it. Yesterday he had his second gammaknife procedure. I saw a picture of him in the head braces, it broke my heart. I'm hoping to get this in the mail by Monday. The quilting will be super simple. Binding is going to be the biggest challenge for me. That baby quilt took a couple of days to get over. I'll set a timer and make myself take breaks!

Today, is hurry up and wait day. PT at Noon, bug guy at 1:30, and the VERC (vision) lady at 3. She wants to work with glare shields, so here's hoping it isn't pouring down rain so we can go outside to try them. One thing I've figured out about VERC- they're slow, free, but oh so slow! I've missed the window for taking the mobility classes this summer. If they start in July, I'll only have 4 weeks available to go. The kids will be back on their school schedule in August.

Yesterday's rain has led to today's oven door syndrome. It's like a sauna out there! Thank goodness for AC!

Prayers for those in need, and thanksgiving and praise for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

2. Thanks shermur, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Katrina, save your wrist some pain and pillowcase your quilt. It will be just as beautiful and appreciated.
    Today I go in for a CT on the BIG lump on my gallbladder scar. The Dr's think its a hernia but it didn't show up on the ultrasound.
    My youngest (37) is going in for an MRI on her back today. The doc says her hips point one way and her shoulders point the other way and one side is 2" higher than the other. Hope they can tweak her and it's not something she has to have surgery for.
    My dear husband woke up unable to bear weight on his ankle so he's sitting with an ice pack and on pills for swelling. They think he crosses his ankle in bed and somehow bruises the sheath around the tendon. But he refuses to have tests done to make sure.
    I haven't heard from older daughter so don't know what fell apart in her world. We must have gotten on God's bad list today.
    Last edited by LauraP; June 20th, 2019 at 11:19 AM.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning --- oops it is already afternoon. I am so tired. I had to have the dog down to the vets for grooming between 7 and 8 this morning. Being in Hershey, it is about 15 miles or so from where I live. He was so excited to leave the house as he knew he was going in the car. However, when we arrived, he refused to get out of the car. I had to pull him a little to get him to where I could get his leash on. Note to self --- take his favorite treats along next time. Maybe that will help.

As I was leaving the development where I live, I realized I had forgotten to put my contact in. Too late to turn around so I just continued on. I could still see the vehicles, the signs were just a bit blurry from a distance. Must have been really tired!!

I just want to take a nap, but there is a lot to do. My niece, a realtor, is coming over tomorrow morning to do a CMA --- she will assess my house to see how much she thinks it will sell for. I have never been a real fan of cleaning but I need to do a little bit before she gets here. I was in the basement doing some laundry yesterday and took the time to look around. It is really scary. There is so much stuff down there. My husband had taken stuff out of boxes and put them into plastic tubs a couple of years ago but hadn't gotten rid of anything. Now it is up to me --- what a job that is going to be.

I can hear it raining outside --- so glad I took the dog out after we got back from the groomers. Have a great day everyone.

Nancy

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LauraP View Post
    My youngest (37) is going in for an MRI on her back today. The doc says her hips point one way and her shoulders point the other way and one side is 2" higher than the other. Hope they can tweak her and it's not something she has to have surgery for.
    To avoid surgery, you may want to seek the services of an osteopath. Tremendously helped me and DH.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all
    today has been a day of no coms??? to be honest didn't mind its nice to look out and see the day, there was no sleep again last night, the day is loooong, sun finally setting in double figures.
    have a great Friday 21st will catch up again when communication device works better.
    T

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post