Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paypal

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Paypal

Every time I use it here, I get several scam letters in my email. Changed passwords, didn't stop. Don't have the problem when I order with it elsewhere.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Paypal

Perhaps you should call customer service. Maybe they are not aware and need to tighten their security.
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t had that problem, but I did find it strange that, when I purchased from M* the other day, it seems to have my Paypal info saved. Usually when I buy something from a website using PayPal, it redirects and I have to sign in, and a I have 2 step identification set up so it texts me a number to type in. I found it odd that M* order went straight through without ever signing in. It’s probably been a year or more since I ordered from them, and I would think that I had changed my password within that time (although time does seem to slip by fast these days so maybe I haven’t - thinking perhaps I should now).
    If you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

4. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

And THAT might explain the problem. Thanks.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

So, not sure why you're getting spam, but it's more of an internet problem than a paypal problem (your email is probably on a list that gets sold to some new group, they email, then sold to another group that emails, not correlated to your purchasing behavior).

Our paypal integration uses an authorization key, so you authorize us to bill you via paypal and we store that token, it's incredibly secure. We actually don't pass your email over the wires at all after that first purchase when you authorize us to charge your account.

I can certainly appreciate how frustrating spam is, I get thousands a day, but thankfully the gmail filter gets most of them, but I can promise you there is no correlation between using paypal on MSQC and any spam surge, we take your security really seriously and have monitoring on our servers, token authorization methods, and more. It would have to be coming from somewhere else, sorry

7. Thanks sydneybean, Kgrammiecaz thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Right. Hadn't BEEN anywhere else with it for a couple months. I order yesterday, and get a "Paypal scam email. Ordered a week ago, same deal. So I order from Thrift books last night, and nothing.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntstuff View Post
    Right. Hadn't BEEN anywhere else with it for a couple months. I order yesterday, and get a "Paypal scam email. Ordered a week ago, same deal. So I order from Thrift books last night, and nothing.
    I hear what you're saying, you're missing how spam works though, there is no such nefarious network that only sends you spam when you order from a place. They would harvest your email then sell the list to someone, that's how they function.

You could say you get a spam email every time the TV show Alf comes on in rerun and have the same correlation and science behind it.

There's a stats phrase that goes "correlation does not imply causation" which is what you're dealing with here. It's a huge bummer to have your email on some spam list, it physically couldn't have come from here in the way you're describing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correl...mply_causation

10. Thanks AMG, MSN thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

This is what I get every time I order here.

Dear Customer,

We need your help resolving an issue with your account. To give us time to work together on this, we've temporarily limited what you can do with your account until the issue is resolved.
    We understand it may be frustrating not to have full access to your P ay Pa l account. We want to work with you to get your account back to normal as quickly as possible.

What's the problem ?
    We need a little bit more information about you to help confirm your identity.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Doing so now