Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: It's Wednesday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Wednesday

Good morning. It is another beautiful sunny day today but we are expecting some showers this afternoon. I have every window open. The black flies and mosquitos are still horrendous.

Sometime in the middle of the night, there was a fight of some kind by some wild animals. It woke me up. I don't think it was cats, but probably raccoons. I did see a lot of animal poop in the driveway.

I finished the baby quilt yesterday. I just need to make a label and then I am completely done. I am working on another baby quilt that needs finishing. I started the sewing the binding to the back yesterday so I guess I will continue that today.

My friend Lynda has scheduled a tutorial for FMQ at a quilt store we will be visiting in Creemore in two weeks. I need to bring a project with me. I think I will make a table runner to practice on. I am looking forward to our road trip.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Wednesday

Good Morning ~ It's cloudy & we're getting some sprinkles. Yest. was mostly sunny & 84 deg. with a brief late afternoon thunderstorm, which really cooled things off.

Yest. I focused on finishing up the binding on the Dr. Seuss panel quilt & and sewed labels on the 3 quilts that will be gifted tomorrow. I do all my bindings on the machine. It's quicker, easier, & I think, esp. for baby quilts, the binding holds up better than if it were hand stitched. I have several UFOs that need to be completed before I start on any new projects.

Well, DS#2 was supposed to have started the new job today, but now the machine shop is putting him off till Mon. Not sure what's going on there. In the mean time, he's continuing his job search & has put in his application other places. So please keep praying for his job situation. He read something this week which encouraged him, "If God didn't open it, it wasn't your door."

The lawn service owner is supposed to come by today & check the status of our sodded areas.

DH is waiting for breakfast, so on with my day.

4. Thanks Monique, 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Monique and all who follow,

It's kind of cloudy here. The mocking bird was singing earlier. The blue jays are doing their dine and dash thing now, and a least one dove is down on the ground below the bird feeders. The squirrels have left for a bit, but you know they'll be back. It won't be long before I'll have to put up three new bricks of bird seed.

Last night we tried out the Instapot again. We steamed salmon. It was good. I fixed a huge salad and we put the salmon on top. It was delicious. Next time, I'll add some salt and pepper to the fish before we cook it.

It's getting close to dumping out drawers day. Especially the drawers in the kitchen! I'm trying to figure out what needs to stay and what needs to go. I have a feeling there might be a new box of 'I don't use it often stuff' to put out in the garage. The towels and dish cloths need to be gone through and some just need to go in the rag bag for car or messy job use. The drawer with the restaurant menus needs to be cleaned out too. Now to get motivated to do it!

Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

6. Thanks Monique, 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,

Oh I am grateful that we don't have black flies, but the mosquitoes are bothersome at certain times of the day. I planted the dahlias and tomato plants yesterday. I will plant the new weigela shrub and remaining plants I bought Monday. I might be able to so some yardwork this aft before the rain. I wil need to purchase shrubs for front of house. I've seen some Burberry, sort of deep red small leaves, which would give colour and interest. I decided not to replace with similar flowering shrubs that we removed.

This morning I am meeting with director of care to address issues with mom's caregivers. Then I am having lunch with my DD, she is working from home today. I spent time with mom yesterday to get her version.

We went to the sailing club yesterday to check on our boat. There was miraculously no damage to ours. The steel dolly and boat next to us and the shed behind him were destroyed. One boat was shoved but stopped an inch from our hull. The car bumper, license plate and car parts were strewn all around. It was a miracle that no one was injured. They had to extricate the woman from the car through back window, and she apparently came out fighting and screaming. We sat on the patio enjoying the warmth and water, and after dinner we headed home. Drama for talk over a drink.

Enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

8. Thanks Monique, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

I came home last evening from a week at the lake cabin. It was just the dogs and me. The rest of the family cancelled for the weekend since GS had an accident at the pool and cut his head. His parents didn't want him in the lake in case of infection. So, I had a nice quiet time just doing nothing! Well, not so quiet...the septic guys finally came (after almost a 2 year wait) on Friday and started digging for our new 2100 gallon holding tank. They were back on Monday and Tuesday morning. They also did a rock wall along the driveway, and in a couple of weeks they'll be back to tar the driveway and cut down two trees. I spent a lot of time watching them install the tank and asking a lot of questions. It's amazing how complicated the whole process was. But now we can use water "normally" instead of worrying all the time if our small tank is full and in need of pumping.

Today will be laundry from the cabin, and some garden work. DH says I should give up gardening since I'm gone so often to the cabin. Since we bought it 2 1/2 years ago, I've tried to spend as much time there as possible. Tomorrow I have to work at JoAnns, and then we'll all head to the cabin Friday. DD will be driving up from Minneapolis to meet us there.

Suzanne, it's great your boat wasn't damaged by the crazy driver.
    Katrina, I like your designation of "dumping out drawers day"! It's one I should probably think about.
    Monique, sorry about the black flies. When I was a kid, my parents used to take us to Canada for camping and fishing along the English River (I think it was called), and I remember those little buggers, and how they could bite!
    Joy, I will be praying everything works out for your son's new job.

I better get that laundry started, then head out to the garden. Blessings on everyone's day.
    Jeanne

10. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! The weather forecast keeps changing here. Last night they said rain all day and now maybe some rain this afternoon. We could use a good shower as the ground has dried and cracked.

Yesterday was a busy day here doing 4-H projects. One of the boys had so much fun and so well on his mini quilt that he wants to do a quilt using 4 charm packs and have it done by Achievement Day in July. So lots to get done in the next couple of weeks. Because the children were each doing their own various projects (very little help needed - the plus of children getting older), I decided to work on doing a baby quilt (just 42 charm squares). It was something fun to sew and because it was a low thinking project, getting interrupted was not a big deal. I managed to get two baby tops pieced with everything going on. Little one likes to help me sew. So we knew where he was with everything going on.

Today looking at doing more 4-H projects. As the rest of the week is booked with activities.

Have a great day everyone

12. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon! Today is a beautiful, sunny day here. The temp is supposed to reach 75 and no higher, which is a nice break from the hot weather we've had lately. My DD is driving up here to take me to the movies. We are going to see Rocket Man; has anyone here seen it? It is supposed to be very good, more musical than autobiographical. In quilting news, I purchased a new foot for my dual feed foot. It is specifically for stitch in the ditch. So, tomorrow I am going to finally finish the hexagon quilt top and then use my new foot to quilt it. I wish I was as talented as you all with FMQ. But this will work and then that quilt will finally be done.

Jeannette

14. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CraftyJnet View Post
    Good afternoon! Today is a beautiful, sunny day here. The temp is supposed to reach 75 and no higher, which is a nice break from the hot weather we've had lately. My DD is driving up here to take me to the movies. We are going to see Rocket Man; has anyone here seen it? It is supposed to be very good, more musical than autobiographical. In quilting news, I purchased a new foot for my dual feed foot. It is specifically for stitch in the ditch. So, tomorrow I am going to finally finish the hexagon quilt top and then use my new foot to quilt it. I wish I was as talented as you all with FMQ. But this will work and then that quilt will finally be done.
    Hey everyone! Today is not a sunny but quite bright day! It's gonna rain I presume...Two men were fighting for guessing the right color of my nails while I was going to the market The rest of the day was as usual, full of peace and harmony
    We haven't seen Rocket Man, but I was recommended to take a go. So, how was it?

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed Rocket Man. It is definitely a musical. The actor who played Elton John did a very good job. He did his own singing as did everyone else in the movie. It made me want to order a CD of Elton John music so I'm going to go on Amazon right now and buy one. I want my daughter (who went with me to the movie) to hear Elton John's real voice and music.

Jeannette