Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Two New Albums Posted

I've been busy this evening using Photo Shop to downsize my pics. It takes time. The 2 albums are for the Japanese Cross & Plus quilt + 2 minis and the Dr. Seuss' ABC panel quilt which I finished today. The 3 baby quilts now have their labels & are ready to gift on Thurs. at the baby shower. I'll post just 2 pics here; you can view my albums for the rest of them.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Japanese Cross & Plus Quilt + 2 minis - 5-25-19 001 - res 40.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	191.7 KB 
ID:	159586Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dr. Seuss' ABC Quilt - 6-18-2019 001- Res 40.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	159587 Thanks for looking. It's soooo nice to be able to post pics again!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Two New Albums Posted

Joy, you have been very busy...I love everything you do...you can tell you enjoy making quilts...I'm sure the recipients appreciate them!
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

3. Thanks 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You do such beautiful work Joy.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

5. Thanks 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am going right over to your album, I like everything you do, I am so anxious to see the Japanese cross quilt , thank you for sharing!

7. Thanks 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Joy, they're beautiful! I know those babies are going to love their quilts for years to come!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

9. Thanks 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Joy, both are beautiful but I really LOVE the alphabet one. Was it a panel?

Gina

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the comments I received from the unread picture comments. There were 8 of them. Both the Alpha Bears ABC quilt (don't have those in an album yet) and the Dr. Seuss' ABC quilt were made with panels. I was under a deadline crunch to come up with 2 baby quilts -- one gender neutral & one baby boy, so I chose to use panels to save time. It seems like so many of my quilts are more girly fabrics that just won't work for a boy. I need to make more boy quilts. If I know far enough ahead of time, I try to use colors & fabrics that match the baby's room theme.

I've posted a lot of pics this week because I was not able to post pics of all the quilts I've made over the past several months. Missouri * changed something on the Forum so it no longer accepted my pics. They were too large. Life sort of got in the way of making it to lab, so it had been on the rear burner. I just went to our senior center's computer lab last Fri. & learned how to downsize them using Photo Shop.

My goal is to give a baby quilt to each new baby in our church. However, last year we had so many new babies I couldn't keep up! I gifted quilts to only those who participated in the baby shower.

The county fair and the guild's quilt show are coming up late summer & in the fall. I haven't decided yet if I will submit any quilts to either of those.
    Last edited by JCY; June 19th, 2019 at 02:32 PM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Those look great, Joy! I've never seen the Japenese Cross pattern before. Love the Seuss quilt....so crisp and clean looking!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

These are lovely. I haven't had time yet to browse your albums. I know what you mean about loading pics. I have many on my phone but just haven't taken the time to save on laptop and upload. Now that I'm working, production has definitely slowed down