Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm stoked!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm stoked!!!!

Just got back from the docs and I have lost ten pounds since May 5th. My diabetes medicine I had been on for years decided it was going to start making me sick so they switched me to a different one. Unfortunately it wasn't keeping my numbers down where they should be. The doc gave me an option of taking injectable med or changing my lifestyle. Welcome to the Mediterranean Diet. Turns out both my husband and I love it and its working. Yeah! No shots.
    I'm also supposed to walk five miles a day but the only way that's going to happen is if I change the dogs name to five miles. Then I could truthfully say I walk five miles every day.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I'm stoked!!!!

Oh yes , stay off shots if possible. Our Doctor tried to tell my husband to just do better and not change to shots but he wouldn't listen. Shots ruled his life after that. Still, he stayed around a long time. Just could have been more fun.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have managed my diabetes for 10 years by eating healthy and getting plenty of exercise. Shots aren't for me. My doctor tells me that so many people go on insulin shots so they can go on eating badly. He is really fantastic about working with me to keep me off shots. Congratulations, Laura! I'm stoked for you!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That’s awesome! Congrats on the weight lose and avoiding the shots!

5 miles would make great names for your dogs. Lol!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your success!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That's great news and I'm certain that you feel better, having lost the weight, while eating good foods.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That's great news. Instead of just changing the dog's name, try walking one mile for a few days, and then add another for a week or two, until you get to 5. You may surprise yourself. Try searching to see if there are any running groups in your area, and see if they have walkers also. I joined a running group about 7 years ago, but have always walked with the walkers. I wasn't very confident about it, but using their training program I went from couch potato to walking a half marathon6 months later. Now because of arthritis, I limit myself to 10Ks. If I can do it, you can do it.

8. Thanks MSN thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Great news. I also have diabetes, which is controlled with diet & Metformin. I haven't been doing well with the exercise. I know I need to do it.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Great, Keep up the Good Work.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome news for you, LauraP!! Congrats. I'm a diabetic as well, and I take Metformin. In Feb. I joined WW online, and have lost 18 pounds, and my numbers have been better. However you do it, eating well helps diabetics.