• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nativetexan
    Banned
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2018

2 1/2 inch batting

what do you do with 2 1/2 in pre-cut batting?? use it with 3 inch cuts of fabric??
  • Vonnie
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2013

Re: 2 1/2 inch batting

I saw someone making a rug using a jelly roll and skinny strips of batting. Don't remember how she did it but someone here probably knows what it is.
    Vonnie

Comment

• gramofeight
      Beginning Stitcher
      • Mar 2015

Yes, you wrap the batting into a 2-1/2 strip of fabric, fold, then stitch shut. There are many rug patterns online now. I believe you can even make bags and purses using the same technique.

Comment

• KPH
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2015

You could use it for bag straps, too.
        Katrina
        From NC, retired in FL
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• nativetexan
          Banned
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2018

OH yes, of course. Well i was just thinking pre-cuts but not jelly rolls for some reason. Thanks.

Comment

• Vonnie
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2013

Here's Jenny Doan making a rug using 2 1/2" strips of batting and a jelly roll.
            Click here for supplies: http://bit.ly/JellyRollRug_ytTIP: When sewing your jelly roll rug, be sure to iron every 3-4 rows to prevent waving and rippling of ...
            Vonnie

Comment

• 201 Treadler
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2018

thanks for the link , this is being added to my list of want to make
              have some remnants of batting, a bin of off cuts fabrics, this could seriously lower amount in a good way
              perhaps could use a potato hessian sack in middle of rug to do a clippy rug,
              did a little one of those at primary school, we were learning about older days of schooling with chalk boards, children playing with metal rings and a metal bar to push along, also those whipping turner things name escapes at moment, remembering had to dress up in a brown dress with white pinafore over, we learnt sewing and clippy rugs, we went to a museum while this exhibit was not there when visited, theres lots more the whole topic must of left lasting impression for me to remember so well.
              thanks for the inspiring link and the memory jog.
              🧵Treadler from UK 👋

Comment

Working...
              X