Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Tuesday.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Tuesday.

Good morning friends. Well the men folk made it home in one piece. They had a fabulous time and the weather was perfect. The beads on the line worked for them.

I did not go for my blood work yesterday after all. I may go this morning. My brother-in-law's vehicle needs to be returned to him.

I got into the sewing room and finished the baby quilt. Now to just sew the binding onto the back. I did start that last night. So I think I will work on that today and get er done.

I have a few more days of work lined up, working Friday and then 3 next week. Monday is a holiday here in Quebec and the following Monday is Canada Day. Hubby is going away for a few days this coming weekend with his brother. They are headed to a cottage, it's a guy thing.

And so that is what my day is looking like. Enjoy your day, my friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Tuesday.

Morning, Monique!

I dread today going in to work, but it has to be done. There is over 3400 units coming in today on shipment, and we probably don't have enough people scheduled to do the required "time window" to get it done. Common sense is missing at the facility where I work! Not to mention, I was off yesterday, and I am sure my boss will come down on me for the schedule not being adequate! I am looking for a better work environment than where I am.

This morning, the first block for the Moda Bake Shop - At the Seashore quilt along came out this morning. Oh, how I wish I could just stay home today and create this cute block.....s://www.modabakeshop.com/2019/06/at-the-seashore-twin-pops.html#more-50580.

Halona has two more performances in the Music Man musical this week and she is done with high school. I can't wait. Now, she needs to find a job in this desolate town. I hope she has better luck than I am having......
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

4. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shermur View Post
    Morning, Monique!

I dread today going in to work, but it has to be done. There is over 3400 units coming in today on shipment, and we probably don't have enough people scheduled to do the required "time window" to get it done. Common sense is missing at the facility where I work! Not to mention, I was off yesterday, and I am sure my boss will come down on me for the schedule not being adequate! I am looking for a better work environment than where I am.

This morning, the first block for the Moda Bake Shop - At the Seashore quilt along came out this morning. Oh, how I wish I could just stay home today and create this cute block.....s://www.modabakeshop.com/2019/06/at-the-seashore-twin-pops.html#more-50580.

Halona has two more performances in the Music Man musical this week and she is done with high school. I can't wait. Now, she needs to find a job in this desolate town. I hope she has better luck than I am having......
    I am so sorry that you are having such troubles. Hopefully something will come along that is just right for you and your daughter.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, shermur thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone...We're socked in with fog this morning. What will our weather do next?

I need to make two table mats or runners to take to California with me as gifts and I need to get started on them. I'm so glad I got the quilts done. The bride's first shower will this coming Saturday and she will get the bride's quilt made from Jenny's You've Got Mail tutorial. I hope my DD gets a picture of Kaytie opening it. I hope to be able to give them the wedding quilt in person.

Dottie has had a few rough nights with her breathing. She did a little better last night...please pray for her.

Monique, glad to hear Les had a great time and that the weather was good.

I need to get Jeff out the door to work....will check in later. Wishing everyone a great day. Hugs..............

8. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! I have an unwelcome visitor in my basement -- I went to get something out of the dryer this morning and saw a mouse. Not sure how it got in. The poor thing is probably looking for a dry place to live, but it can't live here. I'm going to run up to the local drug store when it opens for traps and peanut butter. I already texted work that I will be in late.

Got a lot accomplished yesterday; I almost passed out from sticker shock when I ordered my new glasses. I think I need to sign up for the vision insurance when enrollment time comes around in November.

The Monster is at the shop for repairs. I was lucky, they pick up on Mondays, so that will save me an extra week of waiting. I looked at new machines while I was there. The manager tried really hard to convince me I wanted a Destiny, and that she could make me a deal on a used one. I told her, if I have to replace, I don't want another used machine. She said they don't have any new Destiny's or a certain model of Brother (not sure which one), so if I wanted a machine, I would have to buy a used one. Here's hoping the Monster is fixable. I think buying an embroidery machine is worse than buying a car. At least with cars you can look up the MSRP.

Have a great day!

10. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Cloudy again this morning. More storms expected this afternoon. Yest. actually turned out to be pretty nice. We had sun part of the day & it got up to 84. About 10 p.m. we had a thunderstorm with heavy rain -- a real gully washer. The street curb gutters were running full & overflowing on to the sidewalk in some places. It lasted ~30 min. then was done.

Yest. a.m. was laundry. I ended up changing the sheets on my bed. While it was sunny, I aired the pillows outside. I stitched up a new pillow cover for one; the old one was getting threadbare. I worked on the baby quilt. Got the binding sewed on the back side, turned & pinned. It's ready to be stitched. I ran out of time last evening. I'll do it today & try to get the labels hand sewn on all 3 quilts.

DS#2 was supposed to start his new job today, but apparently there was a hiccup with the scheduling so he's supposed to start tomorrow. He's feeling a bit nervous about the situation. I'm hoping & praying all is well. Of course, the other Walmart job now is gone.

Time to fix DH's breakfast & get on with my day.

12. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,
    It was a beautiful day to drive out of town for lunch with GFs. We went to a restaurant by the water, sat on the patio enjoying lunch and Sangrias. Then my GF and I stopped at an antique store and a nursery, where I picked up the most beautiful Dahlias and 5' tomato plants full of flowers and tomatoes. Then when I got home, I saw that mom & nurse called. Another incident related to negligence, so I call the Ministry and started the formal process for a complaint. I spoke to mom and she was in tears, as she has been holding back on other things happening. I told she has to tell me everything, every time. I am going this morning as soon as I eat something.

This aft, we need to check on our boat. A drunk driver, escaping an accident she caused, drove through the gates of sailing club, realizing she was headed for ramp into water, turned and smashed the catamaran parked next to ours, pushing it into others and a hut. From pictures, ours looks unharmed, but it's still wrapped up, so could be damaged. When will the excitement end.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	190.2 KB 
ID:	159567 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	192.9 KB 
ID:	159568

Sheri to hear about your job woes. I hope you and your daughter find something you enjoy.
    Joy - I hope that your son's job works out. I Hope this is a good fit, and just a blip.
    JulieC - I hope you get that mouse.

Enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

14. Thanks baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,

Had a very nice but very short visit with my sister last night. She arrived here around 8 pm and was on the road to her granddaughter's kindergarten graduation at 7:30 this morning. It's been quite a while since we've had a visit as she's on a work assignment out of state.

We are having a bit of rain this morning so I'm staying in and may get up in the sewing room today. So many half finished projects up there it's embarrassing.

Joy and Sherri- hoping the job situations get better.
    Julie- hope you get your mouse relocated.
    Barb- hope you find the perfect pattern for your table runner/mats.

Off to get my day started and chores out if the way. Wishing everyone a good day!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It is a grey day here with possible storms this afternoon. It will be a quiet day here. My DS started working for this moving company. He really wants to get an internship with a company in NYC. He needs to find somewhere to live in order to accept the offer. Unfortunately we do not know anyone in NYC. A friend has a small 1 bedroom apart, but does not have any space for Ryan. I will cont working on my quilt and figuring out what to make for dinner.
    Have a good day
    Beth

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am so happy today, my DS and DIL finalized a deal on a new house, not really new but new to them. It is in the desired school district. There a few minor problems and one major problem with the house, the seller agreed to repair the worst one and gave a little on the price so they can fix the other things.
    It will all happen quickly as they are scheduled to close on both on 7/12 and move 7/13. It will be here in no time.
    Today we will go to exercise again, missed one class yesterday as pepper spray was accidently set off onto the manager/zumba instructor. It dissapated pretty quickly and no real harm done but no zumba yesterday.
    Tomorrow I am heading to West Point Ga for two days of classes on my juki, I hope I learn a lot.
    Sherry, so sorry you have found another stressful job, they seem to all be poor employers wherever you go. I hope your daghter has better luck.

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post