Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Monday!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Monday!

Good morning friends. I made it through the weekend. I really enjoyed volunteering at Quilt Canada. I saw so many people that I knew and most I hadn't seen in a very long time. After my shift was over on Friday I did a quick run through the vendors. I bought a few patterns for bags from Among Brenda's Bags. I had dinner Friday night with my daughter-in-law and her mother. Saturday my shift didn't start until after 12 so I did not have to rush out the door. Ashley and her mother did, so they left early. She had a horse show or something to that effect. I took the dog out for a quick walk, showered, swept the floor (dog hair bunnies were bothersome to me), stopped at the Dollar Tree and spent too much there. I love the Dollar Tree, I find it better than Dollarama. And then it was off to the show. I arrived early so I could peruse the vendor mall. I picked up a few other things and I found a horse panel and some coordinating fabric but that was all the fabric I bought. I stayed for the take down afterwards. I was exhausted and my feet were sore but I really enjoyed it. I was glad to be going home though. Yesterday I did a load of laundry and put away my 'stuff'. Lynda came by and we discussed our upcoming trip in two weeks. We are going on a road trip to Western Ontario. There may be a few quilt store visits on our trip, lol!!

Les called yesterday. The weather has been perfect for their golf weekend. I did hang my rosary on the clothesline last week and it worked for them. Not so much here, it rained all weekend. They will have one last game this morning and then head home. I haven't decided yet if I will go for my blood work this morning or not. I have another appointment with the doctor later this week. I really want to find out what is happening with my left arm. As I write this, I am having the strange 'sensations'. He also increased my thyroid medication so the blood work is to check on that.

I guess I need to finish that baby quilt too. I started to get it ready for sandwiching yesterday.

Have a good day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Monday!

Good morning everyone!

Monique, sounds like you had a wonderful time, I’m so sew happy for you. Concerned about your arm sensation......sure nope you find a solution and it’s something that can be managed. Prayers, love and hugs.

Man I’ve been busy! Lots of family stuff. Trying to get yard work done in between rains. Trying to work done on donation quilts.....
    DH is getting laid off again. This one will last a few weeks......so I won’t be here much....

I check in and I’ll be keeping many of you in my prayers. Hope y’all have a wonderful day!

3. Thanks 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Star lover View Post
    Good morning everyone!

Monique, sounds like you had a wonderful time, I’m so sew happy for you. Concerned about your arm sensation......sure nope you find a solution and it’s something that can be managed. Prayers, love and hugs.

Man I’ve been busy! Lots of family stuff. Trying to get yard work done in between rains. Trying to work done on donation quilts.....
    DH is getting laid off again. This one will last a few weeks......so I won’t be here much....

I check in and I’ll be keeping many of you in my prayers. Hope y’all have a wonderful day!
    Anita you are always missed when you are away.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

5. Thanks 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Cloudy skies this a.m. & chance of thunderstorms this afternoon. It was mostly sunny yest. & 88 deg. Had a light sprinkle in the afternoon. I never made it to the sewing room. Instead I cooked up beets. I found some good looking beets at Sprouts Mkt., so I cooked up 12 good sized beets. It made 11 containers for the freezer.

When I went out on the patio yest. a.m. to put up the umbrella (we use it for a shade for the kitchen window), I heard dove cooing nearby. Well! The doves were building a good sized nest against the side of the house where the downspout curves back. She was working on the nest & he was sitting next to her on the downspout. I told DH. As soon as the sprinkler quit running on that zone, he dragged out the step ladder, gloved up, & took it down. It came off in one large piece, but he had to clean off the side of the house. As long as he was up there, he checked the gutters. Found some debris to clean out. Also discovered some loose nuts/bolts on the gutters, so tightened them. He checked the gutters on the entire east side of the house. By the time he was done, he was totally worn out. That's the most physical work he's done in a long time.

Today will be the usual laundry. I need to sew the binding on that baby quilt.

7. Thanks 201 Treadler, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning....We had a decent Father's Day despite having to make a flying trip to the apartments. We got home in plenty of time for me to cook Jeff what he wanted for dinner.

Dottie had another rough breathing night and kept me awake. Jeff let me sleep in a little this morning and got himself off to work. I didn't even hear him or the Girls. Each time Sugar comes in from outdoors she has to announce her presence by barking at top volume about a dozen times.

If I can get moving I want to catch up the laundry and change our bed. The Girls are still asleep and I think I will head back to bed until they wake up.

Wishing everyone a great day....hugs....

9. Thanks 201 Treadler, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

It didn't rain yesterday, so we took advantage of doing yard work. DH pulled out 4 large stumps of bushes/trees that died last year. He sets up this pully system that really works. Like the Egyptians moving blocks for pyramids. I weeded a few more beds, trimmed shrubs, spread some mulch, filled up planters and sowed the beans in the garden. I know it's late, but it's been raining too much, I thought the seeds would rot. I crashed early last night after finishing another novel. I am stiff and sore today, but I'll get going once I have taken meds.

Monique - I went back to the quilt show on Saturday afternoon, after Father's Day breakfast. I looked around but did spot you anywhere. It's nice to see so many people I knew. Since I didn't spend a lot of time at the vendors on Wednesday, I went around and found some FQs, half yards, a few patterns and some silicone to put on quilt table. I also looked at Gammill Vision 2.0, but I am coming to realize we would need to move to fit it in the house. The only room where it could go is the family room, but I don't think we have another place to put the big TV and all of DH music stuff.

I'm going out of town with a GF to have a birthday for another GF. Hopefully we will be able to get a table on the patio, overlooking the water. Gotta run and get ready.

Enjoy your day. Be safe as I see Mother Nature is having fits (tornados), shedding hail and washing her hair (rain).

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

11. Thanks 201 Treadler, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

I tried to make up for lost sleep last night. I went to bed before 11 and didn't know anything until 7:30 this morning. My tablet is not liking Outlook again. It says I have mail, but it's not there. I'll have to go back and un- and re- install it. or just uninstall it and use my laptop for outlook.

Yesterday was busy, Church, then finishing up the baby shower gift, cooking dinner, and then Women's Study. Between the binding and taking notes, I know I did too much. I'd rest my wrist today but I have PT at noon. I wish I could just go and sit in the warming machine. I doubt that she'll let me do that.

Other than PT, I haven't made any plans for the day. Yesterday, I was thinking about cutting the binding for Nana and Nandy's quilt. I doubt that it will happen today. I do know I'll have to take a lot more breaks working with such a big quilt. Maybe I'll search for something for SS gifts and make Mike do the floors.

Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

13. Thanks 201 Treadler, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning! Another day with rain...I think there is only one dry day in the forecast this week. The ground is so saturated, I'm starting to worry the basement will flood. It is waterproofed from the outside, but if we have the right conditions it will take on water. It has happed twice in the ten years I've owned the house.

My Monster broke yesterday while I was working on the boss' pillow. I will have to use my little machine to do the rest. I'm not looking forward to it, I still have to do all of the appliqué, and the throat on my little machine is so small. It is going to be an exercise in patience, that's for sure. This is why I hate making stuff on a deadline. It is just too stressful. I need to get it finished by the middle of next week. My fault for not starting it sooner, I know. I wanted to make the pillow for Christmas, not her birthday, but I caved in to peer pressure from my office mates. Last time I do that!

I took today off. I'm going to take the Monster in for repairs, get my hair cut, and finally order my new glasses. I'd better get going -- I want to price new embroidery machines while I'm at the shop.

Have a great day!

15. Thanks 201 Treadler, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Happy Monday. Last night hubby and I were saying that since being retired we don't have that let down feeling we used to get on Sunday evenings when we were working. It is wonderful.

We had a nice day yesterday. Ricotta pancakes for breakfast and sausage and peppers for dinner. I spent some time in my sewing room, hubby got to do a lot of porch sitting and we both got to watch our baseball team play and win their games. We don't get to see his Dodgers very much so it was good to see that they were the Sunday night game last night. Happily I get to see the Yankees every day that they play if I want.

Monique and Suzanne, it sounds like you both enjoyed the quilt show. Too bad you didn't get to see each other. Joy, dh and I both like beets. I don't know why I don't make them very often. Barb, I hope Dottie has a better day today and her breathing gets better. Anita, sorry to hear about hubby's pending layoff. I

Julie, I hope your basement stays dry and sorry to hear about your Monster's issues. Katrina, just take things easy. I hope you get a lot of time in the warming machine.

Time to get this day moving along. We might go to a garden center for a few more flowers. I have a few pots I want to add some color to. Have a good day all.
    Last edited by Ginny B; June 17th, 2019 at 10:23 AM.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, 201 Treadler, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Monique, volunteering at the quilt show sounds like it was lots of fun! If you’re not sewing on a quilt, the next best thing would be being surrounded by quilts. Hoping everything checks out well with your bloodwork and your arm.

I need to get back to cutting more rectangles for my current project. I’m starting another color wash quilt.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, 201 Treadler, Monique thanked for this post