• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuzanneOrleansOntario
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2015

WIP June 14-20, 2019

Wow, everyone is busy. It's that time off year. Just checking in to see how everybody is doing.

This week I went to Quilt Canada with DH. I decided that I'm going back today after we have Father's Day breakfast either alone or with our DI! If she has time. I have been working daily on my QCR project. It's a large wall hanging but I will make it bigger as a lap quilt.

What's going on in your world?
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.
  • Claire Hallman
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2011

Re: WIP June 14-20, 2019

I have three quilts that I am currently working on, one that is getting its binding sewn down gradually and another almost done with the quilting.
    One is just sandwiched and waiting its turn to be quilted. The binding on it will be a challenge as it will have a scalloped edge. IMG_0825.JPG
    I am also gathering fabric for a new one, the most fun there is.
    Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• DeniseSm
      Missouri Star
      • Nov 2013

All the River rock blocks are done. I just need to assemble them. There are two partial seams needed to get this way of grid assembly together. I really like the unusual layout.

100_5030.JPG

I plan to attend my first meeting of the north west Arkansas modern quilt guild next Tuesday. I'm not really "modern" but I am certainly not "traditional"

House renovations: I got the last light fixture replaced. Now all the light fixtures match in finish and style except for one ceiling fan. I will attempt the ceiling fan replacement on the fourth of July. Started tearing out half the closet in the master bedroom. Damage was to extensive to repair.
      Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• threadbndr
        Batting Beauty
        • Jan 2017

So exhausted. Kansas City Regional Quilt Festival overload........ So much fun, but also so MUCH. How do people who go to Houston manage????

This is the first year our guild was one of the sponsor guilds. Kind of glad it's just every other year. Next year the big quilt show is in Wichita, but that one I can just go as a guest instead of squeezing in watching demos and doing the rounds of the show and vendors inbetween working on the door and working at our guild booth.

WHEW....

(and thanks, Suzanne, for kicking the thread off this week.

Comment

• Granny Judy
          Missouri Star
          • Apr 2011

My Cast came off this week and I am trying to strengthen it.. still a little ways to go before I am back to my regular speed. Meanwhile, it's play in my stash and dream... Love the daily deal and purchased it for a future project.. one I saw on Midnight Quilter...but can't remember the name of the quilt.

I have 3 baby quilts that need to be finished.. panels are sandwiched, I just need to get them quilted.. LOL. 2 girls and one boy.

The weather has been so great around here, that I got my 12 large pots filled with beautiful color and placed for maximum viewing!! back yard and front.
          Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
          :icon_wave:

Comment

• DeniseSm
            Missouri Star
            • Nov 2013

Decided on my next quilt top, Peace Seeker by Lizard Creek Quilting. Step 1 Make 200 2 1/2 HST

Oh boy, can I pick them or what. Guess I will be trying out the "magic 8" HST method
            Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              Missouri Star
              • Aug 2015

Denise - you are an inspiration and an energizer bunny. Your quilt turned out stunning.

I have a few of the rows set up on my design wall. I did purchase some green fabrics at the quilt show to make additional leaves in other tones, since I am upsizing this wall quilt to a lap quilt. I found a digital print with butterflies, and I think I will fussy cut some to applique throughout. I have made another 3 doz curved blocks. Thank God I halots of background fabric. I messed up the cutting, wasting almost a yd. it will be ok for another project, just not this one.

image.jpg. image.jpg

I also found a fabric to add to a baby quilt for a friend's niece. She send me an idea of her colours, and I think this will be good. Now to decide on a pattern.
              image.jpg
              Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

Working...
              X