Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Saturday morning, way to early

I'm back from the family camp week in the Smokies. All 22 of us were there. Dh, me, 3 kids and spouses, 4 grandchildren and 3 spouses, and 6 great grands under 7. It was a riot! The weather was good except the day we arrived and the day after. All the young ones went to Dollywood on Tuesday and loved it! Then a morning of hiking, and swimming in the pool across the street. I am exhausted as usual, and I didn't go to Dollywood or hike! The noise gets to me after a couple of days. But it was a wonderful week, and I look forward to the next one in 2 years.

I have lots of sewing to do now, and the rest of the summer will be quiet.

Our animal shelter has 100 kittens. I'll go there this afternoon and take some food for them. Wish I could bring home a kit, but Ellie (my 10 year old cat) would not be too happy. She is rotten spoiled and very attached to me. However, my sweet friend stayed with her while we were gone last week, and they got along fine. Ellie knows her well since she lived with us for 2 months while looking for a condo.

I ran by the quilt shop this morning to pick up a piece of Kona. They didn't have the color I needed, but I managed to spend $60 anyway. I try not to go there very often!

The weather is so strange these days. I hope y'all don't get too much rain. We are expecting some Sunday afternoon and all next week. Just showers except for one day, so it won't be too bad. We are 20+ inches over normal, but most of that is from February. I thought we would be washed away!

I will make a special meal for DH tomorrow. Our sons have their own families to be with for Father's Day. The rest were here last week, so they are just getting back home. Besides, DH has had enough of family to last a while!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Back again from the quilt show. I had a good 4 hrs to go around again. I was interested in the vendors, and especially the Gammill. I also went back around to take a second look at some of the quilts. Really impressed with the detail, the talent and creativity.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

It's almost 30 am.. Sunday. I just woke up and now can't get back to sleep. Love this getting old thing. It throws me a curve ball every so often.

Got all my 12 large flower pots filled with plants and placed where I can enjoy them this Summer. I bought extra Pansy's this year.. 3 and 4 per pot worked out better than the 2 I was doing. the 2 raised beds are filled with herbs.. love my lavender and marjoram. The peppermint came back from last year and several of the other herbs. So those beds will fill in with lots of goodies for me to dry and save.

My cast came off this week, so I'm still not up to speed. The step I failed to see has now been marked with contrasting color and I've learned to slow down when I head out to the back patio..

Just wanted everyone to know I am still hanging around and checking up on the happenings here.

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Granny Judy, I usually buy a pot of pansies every spring but by summer, they always poop out and stop blooming. Last year I tried an experiment to see if I could get them to bloom all summer long and it worked. I dead-headed every flower. Otherwise if you let them go to seed (you can see the seed pod get bigger and bigger) they will stop blooming. They did get very leggy though so planting them among other flowers would be ideal.