Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Finally Friday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally Friday

Good morning,

It rained last night and power must have gone off. All clocks need to be reset. I had planned to go to Quilt Canada today, but may go Saturday instead. I guess there are things I want to check out.

Yesterday was busy. I visisted mom and had to raise issues with management again. There have not been any improvements in past 2 weeks. Time to file report with authorities. So frustrating. I decided to get my hair coloured and cut. I tried a new place and I really like this place. Prices are reasonable. Then I went to LQS to pick up solid fabric for border on pillowcases and fabric for baby quilt. Everything was 15% off. I noticed it was fully staffed, and they said it was good timing as I made it ahead of a busload of women, who were also attending Quilt Canada. Phew!

Today I have errand to run with DH at bank. So I might do some sewing since it's such a dreary day.

Enjoy your day. Oh yes, Toronto Raptors won! (Basketball for those who don't follow sports).

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

2. Thanks 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Finally Friday

Good Morning, Everyone ~ This is our warmest morning this summer. It's 70 deg. We hit a high of 99 at our house yest. We had a light shower in the evening. More chance of showers the next couple afternoons.

I worked more on the FMQ yest. Making progress. I'll keep plugging away at it as I have time. I'm planning to go to our senior center's computer lab this afternoon for help with a couple things. We have a great senior center here with those who teach & help seniors with their computer skills. We have a designated computer room at the local community college.

DS#2 has a job interview at 110 today. I'm hoping & praying this will be the opportunity he needs & he'll get a job offer.

Our Denver Broncos former owner, Pat Bolin, has died. He gave over ownership to his family several years ago after he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

Well, time to fix DH's breakfast. Have a good week end ahead.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning...
    Raining here as well. It's like an extended winter for quilting for me. Due to the terrible tick problem, my gardening is reduced to container gardening on my deck. The local Bibles for Missions thrift store is having a 75% off sale on certain colored tags, and that includes fabrics and quilting stuff. So I am off to do some treasure hunting. Last time I scored 3 rulers, and a dozen quilt tops and panels, some as cheap as $2.50 each. Hope everyone has a great weekend. =)

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,
    The sun is shining today after a few days of on and off rain. Today will be a run to the grocery store to pick up things for our Fathers's Day barbeque, daughter's birthday, and grandson's birthday. We will celebrate all of the occasions tomorrow as my daughter and son-in-law will be coming out then.

Yesterday I ran a few errands and finally got to the post office to send off the box I had packed up to the long armer. Four more things finished and sent off to be quilted out of the UFO pile, yea! Unfortunately the pile still has a long ways to go before they are all finished.

Yesterday also included a trip to the quilt shop, I haven't been there since I got sick so it was nice to see the girls and get caught up with a visit. I also found some grey fabric that I think will work well for the sashings on my scrap quilt I'm paper piecing with my reproduction fabrics. I wanted a neutral color that was not used anywhere in the quilt.
    Well, that's about all that's new with me. Wishing everyone a good weekend!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank goodness, I am off work today!

Last night the youngest graduated high school; it is somewhat of a relief that this phase is done! I am very proud of the girl! I looked somewhat peeved in the photo; it was quite the challenge to exit the one place the town we live in that is barely big enough to execute the attempt for graduation. IT took forever to find my family the graduation was over and people here are so rude! Taking pics of my girl was challenging.....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hal grad 06.2019 (800x609).jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	159505

I have a job interview this morning....I have high hopes that this will be the one for me. Although, if I was to ever come into lottery funds, I would tell Vermont GOODBYE and move back to my beloved Missouri in a heartbeat. Here it is June and it's still cold and dreary. I miss warm weather.

I hope to find time to start the Moda Bakeshop Quilt Along - At the Seashore in the coming weeks. The challenge is June 3 - August 28. I so enjoyed last years quilt along. I also have a summer challenge to create for the local quilt guild I belong to...bird themed.

Wish me luck today and I hope all have a good day as well.
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning....As soon as Jeff left for work I started sewing. I have one row of blocks sewn together for the May Day Basket quilt. This one felt like quite a bit of work. I think it was all the cutting. I used the same trimmer Jenny used in the tutorial to make the HSTs but I find it awkward. That may be just me. Sometimes the shortcuts and I don't get along very well.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BasketRows.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	159506
    My MIL Jean and Jeff and I want to thank everyone who prayed for Jean's for breast cancer surgery Wednesday. She came through surgery fine and as of yesterday she had no pain at all. She is eating and getting around normally. Her doctor told her everything went very well. She will get the actual results in two weeks. Please pray that she will listen to the doctor and get the information correct. She is notorious for not asking questions.

I ran across some real nice hand carved walking sticks yesterday and bought Jeff one for FD from the Girls. I also bought him some shorts and shirts and peanut M&Ms, his favorite candy.

I need to get dressed and head to the store to buy what I forgot yesterday. Jeff asked for ribs, baked beans, potato salad, slaw and homemade rolls for dinner and his favorite dessert. The Girls will shower him with love all day I'm sure. They adore their Daddy.

Wishing everyone a beautiful Friday.....hugs, Barb
    Last edited by Bubby; June 14th, 2019 at 10:29 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Already, what a day. Called AT&T to check on the phone plan to see if there was a better deal. So, they started in on the Direct TV. Found out, that even after I'd notified them of DH's death, the Direct TV was still in his name. What a run around. All in all, the plan is in my name, the deal that I got last month has been replaced with a lower deal on the TV, and 10 off on the phone. I'm beginning to wonder if I need to call every month to see what the deal is since I've saved 60 today.

The gutter guys didn't come yesterday due to rain. The sun is shining, so they're already working this morning. It's not going to be a quiet morning here. Two sides in the front, two in the back. They won't be here long. I guess I should get the check book ready.

I finished up the SID on the baby quilt yesterday. I'm debating about the stars today. There are only three, so I think I'll go around them and maybe echo each of them. We'll see how my hand hold out. I miss the days of just being able to work for hours at the time.

Yesterday Mike and I tried Ted's Montana Grill. Wow! We went for a late lunch, at bed time I was still full! I had cedar plank salmon, and Mike had Bison Pot Roast. Delicious, but it will definitely be a special occasion place to dine! Tonight, I hope to come up with something, but right now, I have no idea what to get out for dinner.

Happy Flag Day, Happy Father's Day weekend to everyone.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. It is a nice sunny one here today. The last couple of days have not been so nice. We made it through the week and we are still standing. It was quite the ordeal rearranging all the babysitting arrangements and traveling into Brooklyn and back these last two days for Aunt Terri's wake and funeral. So many hours in the car! The trip to Brooklyn is getting worse it seems. Of course, it didn't help that 3 of the 4 trips needed to be made at peak traffic times plus the trip to the cemetery in Queens and then back to Brooklyn was a challenge. I remember when people actually respected funeral processions and didn't cut off the cars. Not any more. Ugh.

We slept in until 8 this morning and so I texted my son in law that we wouldn't be coming over to Henry's program at school. We just were too wiped out to get ourselves moving and up and out. We had a late breakfast and have now decided what we will do today. Nothing involves being in the car! At least not at this point.

Tomorrow Vicky, Kenny and the kids come over to visit with dh for Father's Day. Kathryn will be arriving back home from her trip to Milan. Can't wait to hear all about it. And I am sure that Henry and especially little Tessa will be happy to see their momma. We will probably see them on Sunday.

Today is flag day and so I have an urge to make something red, white and blue. I have a couple of things in mind but I think first I will tackle our "to do" list with hubby until we feel like we have done enough. We need to give ourselves a bit of a break for the next few days.

Have a fabulous Friday all.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, last night was exciting! I was sitting on the couch at 20 trying to recover from another long session at my machine when I heard a very loud bang across the street. Sounded like from a deer rifle. So I called 911. The guy who lives over there is one of the biggest drug dealers in our small town. He must have an in with the cops cuz no matter how many times we report him, nothing ever gets done. Anyway we stayed up for an hour but as far as we could tell no one ever came. They probably just called him.

Got another embroidery done. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snowy owl.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	181.5 KB 
ID:	159507Now it is time to put that thread away for awhile and get these projects done. I have a floor pillow to make with the white wolf, a zipper pouch with the owl and cat and a tote with the snowy owl. The black wolf is already framed and hanging on my sil's wall. She keeps trying to steal the other ones but they all have homes.

Today though I am taking the day off. The dusting is done, the laundry is ready to go in the dryer and after I eat something I am taking my headache back to bed.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good evening,

I'm late to the Friday party. I started the Freedom Table Runner and added a few embroidery stars on the blue strips. It just needs to beSITD and enough quilting to hold it together. It was quick and easy. There is an error in the pattern cutting but an easy fix. I just trimmed down each edge of the red strips by 1/4 inch.

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post