Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Angry price of 3 rulers

I received my 3 rulers from MSQC yesterday. Here is what those rulers cost me in the end.

1 ruler $19.99
    2 ruler $12.45
    3 ruler $11.45
    shipping $22.00
    taxes $ 7.56
    agency fees $16.92

total $90.37

DH is right. I better use whatever ruler I have and take more time squaring up my blocks. I could have used that money to buy more fabric locally. What can I do about my points earned? Pay another $ + / - 50.00 on shipping and handling??????

It's so frustating.
    greetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: price of 3 rulers

Ouch!!! I posted this video before - has some great sewing hacks, one particularly for an inexpensive way to create your own block lock ruler. She mentions masking tape, but that's the term in Canada for painters tape here in the states. Don't use masking tape, it would be difficult to remove. I've tried this particular hack and can tell you it works like a dream for squaring up blocks. https://www.google.com/search?client...e+sewing+hacks
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

4. Thanks mamaquilt, pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have found that of all the rulers I have collected, I only use about the same 3 or 4. The price of rulers has become ridiculously out of line. I feel your pain. Between shipping and fees you are really priced out of the market.
    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
    Aesop

6. Thanks Kgrammiecaz, mamaquilt, auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That's so unfortunate, Michele. I feel for all of you who have to pay so much for shipping and high prices for fabric.

8. Thanks mamaquilt thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Many of us have quilted for years without all the expensive gadgets. It works just fine. And yes, more money for fabric.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

10. Thanks mamaquilt thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I feel for you. I usually only pay the tax and I try to get deals when shipping to Canada is $5. I keep my orders under a certain amount so I don't pay customs. There certainly has to be better buying options. I guess if you ever went to Missouri you can use your 1Quilter's cash in the stores.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

12. Thanks mamaquilt thanked for this post
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

What insane prices for pieces of acrylic to be sent to you. I live in Canada and rulers here cost triple if not more , than American prices. Even with shipping, and the god awful wait ( one month for FedEx from MSQC ) it is still cheaper to order online than buy a ruler here . Joanne's won't ship to Canada and even if they did, they rarely have what they advertise. Nancy's has a large selection of rulers and templates, tho' their shipping is 50% more than MSQC, the packages arrive 4 days later, a week max. Tho I dearly love MSQC and unless they do not have what I am looking for , I always order from them.
    The price of a ruler is going beyond reasonable. I still have some rulers I have not used yet. Others I use a great deal. The MSQC half hexys are amazing. That was worth every penny and I ordered back when they had a much better shipping system. We don't pay as much for shipping from MSQC , in fact it is cheaper than any other company for Canada, however the month long wait is what hurts us most. I won't be ordering as much in future from them because of the frustrating wait. The tracking is insulting, it says it is in Newark NJ for a month, no indicated delivery date at all or when it clears customs, nothing but stuck in NJ. Even after I receive the package it says it is still in NJ, lol. When I tried talking to FedEx, some smart ass kept repeating back what I had just said them, and in the end I gave up talking to FedEx. Here the delivery is throw the package at your door and try not to get out of their truck, so I am left to always worry and wait as to when it MIGHT BE delivered. I hate watching my door for a guessed delivery. Anything left outside rather than knocking at my door to give it to me is very likely a temptation to someone to take it, and that's a waste of my money and time.
    I used to tell everyone I met, that MSQC was the best to order from for Canadians but after the last 4 packages taking a month, I stopped saying it. I love their products and the truth is Jenny is MSQC for me. If she was not MSQC, I doubt I would order anything again =( "Choice man words" for FedEx ruining the MSQC experience. My aunt says it is better than Christmas and all holidays rolled into one, to get a package from MSQC...the good old days.

14. Thanks mamaquilt thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Fedex is just about THE worst delivery service on the planet, and they appear to LOVE proving it.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It struck me as strange, Let's Make Art uses Fex Ex and USPS and my package was here in less than a week (4 days in fact). Go figure. Anyway, I'll pay the extra $2 for the quicker shipping.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntstuff View Post
    Fedex is just about THE worst delivery service on the planet, and they appear to LOVE proving it.
    I agree. I ordered from M* 2 days ago-something I needed/wanted to make a Secret Santa gift and could not find it locally. This morning the order status says shipped, that was quick thanks M*, now I sit and wait for Fed-Ex to start moving the package.

18. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post