Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thursday hellos!!

Good morning friends. It is another sunny start to the day but rain is in the forecast for later today. I have hung my rosary on the clothesline and keep saying prayers that it will be nice for the golfers this weekend.

I did a little cleaning yesterday while Les cut the grass. Now that the tractor is fixed it is much easier on him. He is getting old you know (wink wink). After lunch we headed out to the city. Golf Town awaited him. I walked around and found Walmart. I did get some the perfect shade of pink flannel for the back of the quilt and I found letters that you iron on. I think I will use these on the baby quilt and put her name on it. After the shopping excursion, we had lunch at Boston Pizza. Stopped at the grocery store and got some seafood for tonight. My daughter-in-law doesn't eat seafood and I thought Greg would enjoy the treat. We have mussels, scallops, lobster meat, and salmon. It shall be a feast for sure. We FINALLY got the spare tires out of the van, they belong to Les' sister. Got home and got the back back seat out, put in the middle seat and I vaccummed the back. That in itself was a big job. Glad it is done.

And so today is another big day. Les works days today. I think we will get him packed this morning. I will go with him and pick up my brother-in-law's vehicle so I have wheels for the weekend. I could have used Greg's but it is a standard. Although I could drive it, I am a little rusty. I will also pack a small bag for me as I will be staying at Greg's Friday night. I work at Quilt Canada Friday and Saturday. Chances are pretty good that I won't be here tomorrow morning. Everyone will be up very early to get on the road.

Have a wonderful day friends. And have a wonderful weekend. Catch you next week.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks sewbizzy, 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday hellos!!

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Another rude awakening at 3:50 today with the skunk odor. Didn't get much sleep between then & 5 a.m. If only they'd mosey around the neighborhood without leaving their stink behind.

Yest. a.m. I baked bread. In the afternoon I worked on letters & Father's Day cards. I missed the mailman, so they won't go out till today. In the evening was the next episode of The Amazing Race. The teams have been in Switzerland; such a beautiful country. Then it was on to Croatia.

I didn't do any sewing yest., but it's a priority today. The baby shower is next Thurs.

We had 84 deg. yest. It's supposed to be even warmer today.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Heavy rain today but hopefully it clears for the weekend Father's Day BBQs people are planning. We're having an eggplant parm dinner indoors so rain won't affect us. The constant rainfalls we have been having really has my joints aching, Rain, Rain go away, little May needs some relief!

Finally got some outfits ordered for 2 great grandsons in CA whose Bdays are tomorrow and Tuesday. Ordered them online from Kohl's but couldn't get them billed to me and sent to the kids, the Kohl's site kept billing the kids and sending the outfits to my address, wouldn't I look cute in some dinosaur outfits. Sent BDay cards to the boys last week and told them some gifts would be coming soon, they are brothers who will be 5 and 3 and they love getting their own mail. Hope their Mom sends new photos soon as the boys both had long curly blonde hair but last week while Mom was busy with new baby Mariella Dad took them out for their 1st haircuts.

Time to get some stuff done and also get some groceries as the fridge and pantry are a bit bare. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	THURSDAY.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	159496

5. Thanks sewbizzy, Monique, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,
    I hope the rain holds off long enough to get all my errands and outing done. I have to drop by mom's place for admin stuff and visit. I went to Quilt Canada yesterday and took lots of pictures. I hope that mom can see them on the iPad. Her vision is not good.

It was a nice show with many vendors, although many are local and I am familiar with their products. I did buy some Laurel Burch socks. I like to wear colourful socks, and these are fun. I only bought one panel, and DH bought some magic pins. I have some and they are good. I am really sore from walking around all day. If I recover I will go on Friday. Entrance fee was expensive plus parking. We checked out LAs, and I think we have narrowed it down to Gammill Vision 2.0 with Elevate. I'm so much on the fence - yes or no. I did see an interesting Grace frame, which will be coming out with handles for Sweet 16 in the fall. It would still require adjusting the quilt top, but it would be on a 4 & half foot frame, which I could sit at or set to stand. It's a less expensive options to convert my current machine, if we wait to get LA.

Joy - I'm surprised the skunks are spraying. Frustrating for sure. Something must be spooking them. We did have a bunny run across our patio yesterday -- hope the hawks don't get him. Also neighbours cat. Grrr.

Enjoy your day. Gotta run.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

7. Thanks sewbizzy, Monique, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone!! We had a surprise last night. I had recently come in the house and was sitting at the kitchen table going through the mail when there was a loud noise and tremble. The dog was barking and running around. I thought it was an accident on the turnpike. Turns out it was an earthquake!! 3.4 on the Richter scale!! I know that is not much compared to what people feel in other parts of the country and world, but for here in south central Pennsylvania, it was really something --- it is a rare event in this part of the country.

Yesterday I finished a book I have been reading so now it is time to get going on a number of sewing projects and then begin to clean out the basement and the rest of the house. Too much "stuff" and I need to do a huge purge on it. I do have plans to meet some of my retired teacher pals for lunch today.

I was planning on going to water aerobics this morning but I didn't get awake until about 8:24 and would never have been able to make the 9 a.m. class. Hopefully tomorrow.

Gotta run and get ready to meet the friends at 11 a.m. Hope you all have a super wonderful day!!!!

Nancy

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

PT was at 8:30 this morning. I woke up at 6 and it was still dark outside. We had rain, some thunder, the clouds broke and then some sunshine. It started raining again during PT.

The gutter guys called, they're on the way. That will finish our guttering needs. Hopefully, it was stay dry so they can finish the job.

I worked on the baby quilt yesterday. I have all of the SID on the horizontal rows done. Today, I'll work on the vertical columns after I've recuperated from the PT.

Morgan goes to work tonight, not sure what Jim has planned for the day. Mike and I might go back to Lowe's for some plants I saw yesterday. We'll see what the day or tomorrow brings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Thursday hellos!!

Good afternoon
    its been a bit wet, not enough to build an ark, but there were lakes over road.
    the furs keep looking at the wet grass & deciding another zzzzzz day.
    the birds are flight training, unfortunately they keep admiring selves in window, and practising emergency stops!!! they are flying away hopefully learning, but the noise makes me heart skip a beat.
    have a great Thursday, prayers healing hugs.
    T

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Took the day off today so that someone can come give me an estimate to refinish my dining room table and chairs. They are probably about 40 yrs old, and the finish has completely worn off the chairs. The leaves on the table don't fit snug anymore. So the guy should be here any minute to give me a quote and probably take away the furniture. It will be interesting to see how long he thinks it will take. A child rocker took them 6-8 weeks. Oh well, it needs done and I know he does quality work.

Yesterday was busy. Left eh house at 10 for haircut and didn't get home until 3. After the haircut, I had lunch with DD, went to return some library books, and get more. I did have sometime in the late afternoon to sew on my friend's grandmas fan quilt. Hope to finish that top today.

Hope everyone has a great day today with whatever your plans are.

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, sewbizzy, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, showers started again, so no guttering today. I'm heading into the sewing room. Hopefully I'll finish the stitch in the ditch. It will all depend on how long my wrist will last.

Hopefully, tomorrow the guttering will get done and we can section off the area I want to put the plants.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Suzanne ~ We are overrun with rabbits in our neighborhood. I frequently see 3 in the yard at one time. Sometimes early in the morning, they'll be sitting out in the middle of the street, running around, etc. A couple evenings ago there were 4 in the front yard across the street. We have an alley behind our house; frequently they are sitting out there or running down the alley. I think they like our yard because it's fenced & the grass is lush.

Yes, it's disappointing to have the skunks in the neighborhood & have to put up with the stink. Now the bears, which are waking up from their winter's hibernation, are being a pest in the foothills areas & mountain communities. One person filmed a bear standing on the railing of his deck where the bear tipped the hummingbird feeder to get at the sweet treat. In places like Aspen & Breckenridge, they raid the dumpsters in the down town alleys. If a person's car is not locked, they'll open it & totally tear up the interior of a vehicle, especially if someone left a food item inside. They can be a real nuisance -- even break into people's homes.