Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wednesday hellos!

Good morning friends. It is a sunny start to the day today.

I had a great day yesterday. Guild lunch was delicious. Picked up a few groceries afterwards. I did not make into the sewing room.

I became a great Auntie yesterday. A beautiful baby girl weighing 6lbs 6oz. I think we are headed out to to the city today, he has a gift certificate burning a hole in his pocket at Golf Town. I don't have pink flannel for the back of the quilt that I would like to have so I might have to take a detour to Fabricland which isn't far from where we will be. We will see what the day brings.

Yesterday I also picked up the blades for the lawn tractor. My wonderful neighbour once again, installed them for us. He is such a blessing to have around. He can fix anything. So I think Les is going to cut grass before we leave for the city. Plus we have a set of tires that need to be dropped off at his sister's and then I can get the van cleaned for his trip.

So that is what my day is shaping up to be. Have yourselves a wonderful day too.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks pcbatiks, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wednesday hellos!

Good Morning Monique. I’m just a newbie here, just registered but I have been buying from Missouri Quilts for a long time. I hope to gather lots of fun info here. Sounds like you are going to have a full day, and congratulations on your G. Niece!

4. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa19 View Post
    Good Morning Monique. I’m just a newbie here, just registered but I have been buying from Missouri Quilts for a long time. I hope to gather lots of fun info here. Sounds like you are going to have a full day, and congratulations on your G. Niece!
    Thank you and welcome to the forum. I don't think you will be disappointed, we are a pretty good group here.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,
    I haven't been posting much in the daily thread as there has not been much new going on with me. Sun is shining today after two days of rain off and on. It watered the garden nicely so no dragging the hose and watering can around.
    Last night was the installation dinner for my Pilot Club, a nice night of friendship and the start of another year of service to our community.
    I have the date of our club's craft fair for this year, November 16th, so I'm going to try to make something each week combined with the few things I have left from last year so I'm not doing last minute sewing. I made two charm pack wreaths this week, one is a new variation of the ones I usually make, I'm happy how it turned out so I will try a few more like that.

Monique- congratulations on your g. niece!
    Theresa, welome, good to see you here.
    Off to get caffeinated and start my day. Wishing everyone a good day!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone....Jeff's Mom's surgery is this morning. We won't know anything about her until this afternoon. Jeff has an appointment with a surgeon today for his hernia, which has to be taken care of before his hip can be replaced.

I'm waiting for some border fabric to get here for the May Day basket quilt. I'm having trouble finding a backing and it looks like I will have to piece one. I need to make two Wedding Clutch bags next week. My sewing is stacking up.

Monique, glad you had a good day yesterday.

Wishing everyone a good Wednesday!

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ It's supposed to be cooler today, so I'm going to bake DH's spelt bread this a.m. In between, I'll work on the FMQ.

Yest. eve. was our monthly guild mtg. Our program was the Rocky Mountain Wa Shonaji Guild from Denver. This is a diverse group, but mostly African American members, who presented an amazing trunk show. From the Swahili language, Wa Shonaji literally means "people who sew", & the name reflects both the region & their cultural heritage. They gave a terrific historic narrative about quilts, with a special emphasis on quilting from an African American perspective. As a bonus, the Wa Shonaji Chorus performed songs, some with audience participation. It was lively & entertaining. This guild is celebrating its 25th anniversary; they began in 1994 with only 5 African American women who wanted to perpetuate the heritage of quilting and promote friendships among fellow quilters.

DH is waiting for breakfast, so no more time now.

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning!

Joy,

The guild program sounds like fun with the special presentation and history of the quilts. Love the groups that are friendly and lively!

The week is passing by quickly for me. Finished a few projects last weekend and now to find the next one. I found some RWB fabric pieces larger than a FQ that will make a quick wall-hanging or table runner. I'm trying to use up some leftovers. You know those projects that need a 1/4 yard so you buy a little extra.

I'm learning that smaller projects still let me play with techniques and enjoy the fabrics.

Happy Wednesday!

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,
    It's cooler but sunny, my kind of day. Also DH & off to Quilt Canada today. Excited.

Yesterday was DH pre-op appt for cataract surgery. It took over 2 hrs - we were waiting for each tech to do their thing. Frustrating, as they forgot him at one point. When he got home, he was tired from the drops and freezing, so he took a nap. I made supper, couldn't wake him, so off I went to guild night. It was fun. My GFs Pam, Heather & Therese won some FQs. I said I'm holding out to win that night's lottery nd ont usually buy tickets, but it was over $65M. It would trips to MO for all.

Off to get ready to go. I hope DH doesn't poop out early. There are few people who have my tenacity for shopping and shows.

Congrats Monique on the new baby girl.
    Welcome Theresa. CathyF - same date as craft show I participate in. Tgood reminder to continue with small projects in between.
    Joy - your guild certainly has interesting guest speakers. I wish it was closer.

Enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Congrats, Auntie! She'll be wrapped up in lots of love with the quilt you're making her.

Welcome Theresa! This is a very supportive group. We love quilting and making stuff. Jump right in and start having fun!

Cathy, I'm joining you in spirit as I'm caffeinating myself as I'm typing. I could have used a steady drip yesterday as I just couldn't stay awake yesterday afternoon!

Barb, keeping your MIL in my thoughts and prayers today. Hope everything goes well with Jeff, too.

Joy, I'm so glad you mentioned getting your machine ready for quilting yesterday. I need to do that this morning, I'm going to SID and echo the stars of the baby quilt I'm working on. The shower is next week, and I'm still trying to figure out who the new mom is. I bought extra of the backing so I'd have some more fabric from this line to add to my left overs. I think there's enough to get one more baby quilt out of it. They have a good bit of yardage at Cinnamon's if I need more.

Rhonda, I love the little projects. The bigger quilts are getting harder to handle. Being in the Secret Santa group keeps my creativity going with smaller projects that can fill in between larger works.

Suzanne, I had to giggle thinking back to Mom's drs office... they had a sign in the room- If you've been in the room for more that 15 minutes, come to the desk. Like you would in one of those little paper gowns. I hope your DH has an easy time with his cataracts. It was a breeze other than waiting to get new glasses. I was lucky that I had an old prescription that worked well for me.

Yesterday was PT and going for a large brunch after was probably a bad idea. I was good for nothing the rest of the day. Of course, running on 3 hours of sleep didn't help. No caffeine for me after lunch! I've spread out and basted the baby quilt this morning. That was a lot of smoothing and so I'm going to rest my wrist for a bit, then do my first round of PT before I get started quilting. We'll see what my wrist thinks about changing that needle!

I've had blue jays coming to the bird feeders for the past couple of days. They are beautiful birds, so much bigger than the little house finches and robins. Mike was noticing size changes in the jays. Yesterday we had 3 all at one time. Now he knows why.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Prayers for those in need.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We have a gorgeous day here, sunshine and not too hot yet. I plan on cutting back my knock out roses since they have bloomed their little hearts out and need a haircut. Then I hope to get back into my sewing room.
    I did some fmq yesterday for the first time in a week or so. My thread order came in so I was able to do some more work on a big quilt. I have done all of the center and half of the borders. Might get another section of border done today.
    We meet friends for dinner on Wednesday so don't have to worry about cooking, yea!
    I have signed up for some Juki long arm classes in West Point Georgia next week, anyone else from here going?

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post