• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • threadbndr
    Batting Beauty
    • Jan 2017

WiP June 7 - 13, 2019

Drive by posting to open the thread. CRAZY busy this weekend. Summer has started!!!

My church doesn't have a patron saint to celebrated the 'birthday' of the congregation on, so we use Pentecost - which is tomorrow - GLEEP. Potluck and what to take is the next crisis on the to do list.......
  • DeniseSm
    Missouri Star
    • Nov 2013

Re: WiP June 7 - 13, 2019

Really good progress this week. 6 of the smaller 13" Riverrock blocks completed. So far I think I am doing a pretty good job of making each block look different. 2 more small blocks to go and some spacers. May finish piecing this week!

100_5028.JPG

House renovations: One more light fixture replaced. This one is so pretty but really badly designed. I had to get my DH to help me when I cross threaded a part and got to frustrated and hot to fix it. He patiently figured out how to get it apart and showed me a better way to assemble it so it would not cross thread.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      Missouri Star
      • Aug 2015

Been too busy babysitting and chores to catch up on any sewing. I did cut and square up blocks last Wednesday when the baby slept.

Thank God this was a fluke, babysitting 2 days, 2 GSs from separate family needed someone. This week I have too many activities and appts to sew, but I will be going to Quilt Canada on Wednesday with DH. He wants to check out Gammill LA. I will go back by myself to just look around, maybe Friday. First time it's held in our city.

Denise - your blocks are beautiful.
      Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• jjkaiser
        Missouri Star
        • Oct 2013

Nice blocks Denise. I love your colors, so rich. I can't even follow your home imp projects so I am pretty impressed with your wiring knowledge. Electricity kind of scares me. A few years ago I thought I would try to fig out why our doorbell wasn't working. So I called the local hdw store first to see if I had to shut off the breakers first. He laughed so hard he almost dropped the phone. Said I could work on the doorbell standing in a bathtub full of water without shutting off the power and I still would not be electrocuted!
        Jocelyn
        South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

Working...
        X