Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default WiP June 7 - 13, 2019

Drive by posting to open the thread. CRAZY busy this weekend. Summer has started!!!

My church doesn't have a patron saint to celebrated the 'birthday' of the congregation on, so we use Pentecost - which is tomorrow - GLEEP. Potluck and what to take is the next crisis on the to do list.......

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP June 7 - 13, 2019

Really good progress this week. 6 of the smaller 13" Riverrock blocks completed. So far I think I am doing a pretty good job of making each block look different. 2 more small blocks to go and some spacers. May finish piecing this week!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5028.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	159453

House renovations: One more light fixture replaced. This one is so pretty but really badly designed. I had to get my DH to help me when I cross threaded a part and got to frustrated and hot to fix it. He patiently figured out how to get it apart and showed me a better way to assemble it so it would not cross thread.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Been too busy babysitting and chores to catch up on any sewing. I did cut and square up blocks last Wednesday when the baby slept.

Thank God this was a fluke, babysitting 2 days, 2 GSs from separate family needed someone. This week I have too many activities and appts to sew, but I will be going to Quilt Canada on Wednesday with DH. He wants to check out Gammill LA. I will go back by myself to just look around, maybe Friday. First time it's held in our city.

Denise - your blocks are beautiful.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Nice blocks Denise. I love your colors, so rich. I can't even follow your home imp projects so I am pretty impressed with your wiring knowledge. Electricity kind of scares me. A few years ago I thought I would try to fig out why our doorbell wasn't working. So I called the local hdw store first to see if I had to shut off the breakers first. He laughed so hard he almost dropped the phone. Said I could work on the doorbell standing in a bathtub full of water without shutting off the power and I still would not be electrocuted!

6. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post