Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Maggie came home on Monday

DH had to take one of our other furbabies to the vet on Tuesday. Sigh, Bailey has a cataract on his left eye. Gonna wait a bit to see what we can do. We had my little Maggie cremated & DH brought her home in a little box. Needless to say I fell apart. I held her in my lap for a bit & then put her with our other furbabies. I know it'll get better with time but grief is a funny (not) thing. It can make you think you don't have to cry anymore. Then, it'll hit with a vengeance. I have to follow my advice to any one of us that loses a family member or friend. Cry when you have to & smile when you can. I've got the 1st part covered...2nd part no where ready for that.

I miss seeing what everyone is up to but it'll be a while before I feel something other than this sadness.

I miss my baby.

Gina

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Maggie came home on Monday

I feel so sad for you. Two years ago my dog died. I had many dogs over the years but that one was my very favorite, it hit me hard. My dh said I hope you cry this hard for me when I go!! I kept the ashes in original container for a year, then finally got the nerve to break it open and scatter his ashes at the park we went to every day and some in our back yard. I reserved some ashes and put them in a baby food jar and then in my china cabinet and I tell you I am so glad I held some back. I can hold that little jar full whenever I want and it just makes me feel good I still have a part of him nearby that I can see and hold.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry for your loss. Maggie was part of your family and I can tell you loved her very much. (hugs).

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So hard to lose our fur babies. May each day become a little easier for you.
    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
    Aesop

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sending love and hugs.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou