Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy sunshine Thursday

Happy Sunshine Thursday
    may your weather be good and have a great day in whatever you do.
    our day started very early so dinner is now on,
    apparently there is thunder mentioned in weather, with blue skies, baffled.
    have a great day
    T

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy sunshine Thursday

Happy Thursday all. Don't think i'll be seeing sunshine today. Lots of light rain yesterday, and more rain predicted for this evening. Work has been crazy busy this week, so not much energy to sew when I get home. Had a guild meeting on Tuesday evening. I went to drop off a few charity quilts I had quilted and picked up a few more. Didn't stay for the meeting. Nothing planned for today besides work.
    I do enjoy reading about your adventures each night. Hope you all have a great day.

4. Thanks 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning friends. I am not sure what that bright light in the sky is yet. A UFO maybe, haha. We have wall to wall sunshine for at least the next 4 days, at least that is what is predicted.

Not much is getting done around here while I am working. Not much different today either.

Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

6. Thanks 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone...We had storms through the night and I had a hard time getting online this morning. We have storms predicted for the next four days. Monique, enjoy your warm weather....you sure deserve it.

The outcome of the Shriners sale is awesome! Great job, Terry, and everyone who contributed to the cause.

I had a busy day running errands yesterday but I got everything done that was on my list. Today I will be harvesting most of the basil to make pesto for the freezer.

I need to get Jeff's lunch made and packed up. He has a hard day ahead of him, so maybe a little extra treat for him to find.

Have a great day everyone....

8. Thanks 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

Ahh, sunshine and heat - happy it is here through the weekend. I can't waste any time today. I'm going to work in the yard. I plan on getting the cutrtains up under the roof of pergola, and set up our canopy area. I will officially declare it "summertime".

Yesterday, we babysat baby Michael, while his older sister was having minor surgery at hospital. He was a delight, such a happy and easy baby. He isn't crawling, but does this funny scoot & roll to get around. While I was there, I made them some freezer meals of sheherd pie, and cleaned out the fridge. I got blessing to do this. Since DIL has gone back to work, she's challenged to keep up. Her DH has taken until end of summer as parental leave, but his focus has been to finish their basement while baby sleeps. His cooking skills could use an upgrade. Oh well, can't have it all. DIL has mentioned a few times, she would love to stay at home, even though she is a strong career person. She is astonished that she even considers this. I guess she has mellowed with 3 kids. I also squared up some quick curve blocks.

Watching TV, I am reminded today is D-Day. They showed a 97 year old para trooper who did a drop. Wow. You couldn't get me to jump out of a plane at any age.

Enjoy your day. Be careful as I see Mother Nature is still temperamental is many parts.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

10. Thanks 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

A day below 100! I still didn't go out. I 'rested' my wrist with ice and epsom salts soaks. It feels so much better today, just in time for PT and a ortho visit. sigh

I called the guttering people we used when we first moved in. I want to get the guttering across the back of the house. There is a change of pitch over Mike's bedroom so when the rains are heavy, there's a gusher in the corner right onto the decking. Hopefully they'll be about to divert that to the back yard. There there's the guttering on the side of the garage that I guess the previous owners put up that's about to fall off of the house. I'm going to replace that. It shouldn't be too big of a job.

I pressed the binding yesterday, and figured out where to start stitching it so the seam wouldn't be in a corner. I have it clipped and I stopped for the day. I hate not being able to get anything done in my sewing room! I'm missing it, and seeing the two quilts that need binding in my bedroom everyday is frustrating!

Hopefully the major heat wave is being pushed out to sea. It was nice to have the AC not have to work so hard yesterday evening. lol, Mike and I even got chilly, it's been so hot for so long this time.

Have a great day. Prayers for those in need, and prayers of thanksgiving for those who gave so much on this 75th anniversary of D Day.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

12. Thanks 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ Remembering D-Day. DH has been watching the news with interest. He's a bit of a WWII buff. He served in the Army 20 yrs. after that event; he was stationed in Germany. His best friend, now deceased, was in the Navy during WWII & was on one of the ships in the Channel that put troops on the landing crafts for Omaha Beach. He said the water ran red. They had to keep moving back as the guns on the cliffs would reposition their guns aimed at them.

Yest. a.m. I worked in one of the flower beds for 2.5 hrs. I have an old picnic table umbrella that I drape over the fence to give me shade in which to work. It was hot, hard work. The clover has invaded that flower bed. It's impossible to dig out; the roots go so deep. All one can do is pull off the tops. Can't really spray it, since it's right next to the flowers. Anyway, it felt good to get that bed cleared up. More work waiting, but I need to give my L. hand & wrist a rest. I could really feel it last evening.

Our afternoon thunderstorm came later in the evening yest., about 7 p.m. Lots of lightning & thunder & steady rain for >1 hr. I had to close up all the windows, which I do any time there is lightning. Years ago, our neighbors' house caught on fire from a lightning strike hitting a near by tree branch, which then traveled through an open upstairs BR window, seeking a ground in a wall socket, & set their house of fire. It was very scary to look over & see the flames in their bedroom.

I hope to do more quilting today. The baby shower is only 2 wks. away, so I need to keep at it. I have one more quilt yet to make.

14. Thanks 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thunder rumbling so no sunshine today I guess. On my way to Wichita to get my big wrap off my hand, have some PT and get rewrapped. After that I need to pop into Joann's for some bobbins and home we will come. I want to get the embroider machine humming.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

16. Thanks 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Nice and sun shiny this morning, need to get out back and cut the first roses of this year. The rose bush was a Mother's gift from DGD C when she was in high school about 15 years ago, we should dig it up in the Fall so she can plant it in her back yard to enjoy.

Been spending much too much time trying to get my summer clothes out and the heavier stuff put away as I have to decide what to keep handy for those chilly summer days. Oh for some big closets for my stuff. Itching to get out to shop for upcoming birthdays of great grand boys who will be 5 and 3 and also something for their new baby sister who is almost 1 month old.

Kudos to Terry for all her hard work with the sale of some Shriner quilts, she's a marvel.
    Last edited by MissMay in Jersey; June 6th, 2019 at 10:17 AM.

18. Thanks 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Some of you have sunshine while we have much needed rain. It has been a nice gentle soaking rain, what a blessing.
    Today we go to exercise but first we take the dog to the vet for a bath and de-thatch. A pug with short hair still has lots of hair to shed everywhere.
    I did some fmq on my sit down machine yesterday, got about half of a quilt center done. I am quilting it with swirly flowers in the center but the border will be different, I have marked a scalloped edge....woe is me.
    I have another that I was doing the border and ran out of thread and I have another sandwiched. I really need to get busy but the old back can only stand so much. Tomorrow, tomorrow, maybe tomorrow....

20. Thanks 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post