Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wednesday hellos!

Good morning friends. It is another chilly start to the day here. But it is supposed to be a really warm and beautiful weekend. Let's hope.

I had a good day at work yesterday and an even better evening. I attended our last meeting until September. A great meal was served.

Not much else to report. Work work work.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wednesday hellos!

Good morning,
    It was another exciting day in Orleans. A young female moose was on the loose in my GF's neighbourhood. It probably got disturbed from Sunday's tornado. I saw that they had streets closed and were tranquilizing her when I picked up my friend. They released her in a forest, but unfortunately she died later in the day. They said probably from exhaustion.

Yesterday was national cheese day - who knew. Anyway my GF & I drove to a cheese factory to meet other GFs for Helen's birthday. I picked up a good stock. It is a busy place, and they have a snack area and are licensed to serve wine & beer. They make the best poutine. For those not familiar - this is french fries, cheese curds and brown gravy. They have a variety of versions, with meats, peppers, etc. I had wings & poutine, half gravy. I can only eat this once in awhile. We have set the date in a few weeks to meet for Joanne's birthday. My wine selection for my GF turned out to be hilarious. It is called "La vieille ferme" which means "the old farm". Helen refuses to wear glasses and read "la vieille femme" which means "the old lady". One letter, and we all had a good chuckle.

Today, I will babysit Michael for the day at their place and pick up Olivia from bus stop when she gets off bus. Matilda is having minor surgery today. I might bring some trimming to do if he sleeps. He is not used to us, hopefully he won't make strange.

Part 1 of our trip to PEI is booked. We were waiting for the dates our friends were going. We got in at Dalvay-by-the-Sea. We stayed there before and really liked it. This time we will be driving, need to look at where we want to go for the latter part of trip - Nova Scotia or New Brunswick.

Looking forward to promised heat on the weekend. Enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ Another clear morning, 52 deg. Yesterday's high was 93 deg. before the afternoon clouds rolled in, thunder, & a heavy downpour. No need to run the sprinkler system last night.

It was a busy time yest. a.m. when both the sprinkler guy & the service man to hook up our swamp cooler showed up at the same time. Two new pop-up sprinkler heads were installed & the others adjusted. Things are looking good there now. The swamp cooler is ready to go whenever we need it for hot weather.

Yest. I had a productive sewing day. Before lunch, I got the panel baby quilt sandwiched & pin basted. After lunch, I mach., basted the perimeter, made a practice sand. & did a little warm up. I'm using "celery" color Glide thread on this one, since there is quite a bit of green. I'm doing Angela Walters' hook swirl as an over all FMQ pattern. I made good progress during the afternoon & evening.

I'm hoping to work in the yard today. The weeds are proliferous. Yesterday's rain should make them easier to pull. If I have any energy left after that, I'll continue the quilting.

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! Thunder is rumbling as storms move closer. We're in for at least 4 days of rain. Prayers for all those in the south and mid-west who are flooded with more rain to come. I cut the grass yesterday afternoon in hopes we won't have a hay field in the yard after all the rain. No sewing during storms, but I plan to work on quilting a donation quilt I have on the frame if I get the chance.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

It's a good thing I have glass doors onto the back deck. If they'd been open, I would have had a visitor. The bird feeders are empty, so one of the baby squirrels decided to knock and let me know about it. I bought seed the other day, I was just waiting for the birds to finish before I brought them out.

I did too much yesterday. I cut 8 strips for the bindings of the table runners. Put the binding on one mug rug. Stitched the rest of the binding together. That was it for my sewing room. I did PT off and on all day, resting and icing. Then chopped veggies for the chicken pasta salad. I was feeling good about getting something done... until I tried to go to sleep! I got up and iced my hand again and finally fell asleep after 1. Lesson learned.

We had rain yesterday afternoon. Naturally, Jim had washed his truck earlier in the day. lol, I told him next time we need rain, I'll pay for him to run through the car wash. DH always had that luck. Not a chance for rain, he'd wash the car and it would pour.

I'm not sure what's on the agenda for today. I still have two table runners to bind. I may tackle one, since there won't be any cutting involved.

Have a great day, I'm hoping for under 100 here at the house!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, all.

I'm into the 4th week of a broken wrist.. my left and dominate one!!
    Maybe I'll try some sewing today.. the cast is great.
    I can take it off for bathing. works great for me!!

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Judy, good luck with your wrist, I broke both sides March 30. I did too much yesterday, only thing, I didn't feel like I was doing too much when I was doing it!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I had that carpal tunnel release surgery on my L. wrist the end of Jan. I weeded in the flower bed today. I'm feelin' it now! I've rubbed Aspercreme on it. I always wear my splint to bed at night. Maybe I'll try some ice, too.

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post