Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuesday hellos!!

Good morning friends. It is a sunny start to the day but very cold. Frost warning cold. Oh just heard we have broken the record, coldest June 3rd in History. It looks like summer might just come later this week. What crazy weather we are having. The West is burning, we are cold and it is snowing in Newfoundland. WOW!!

I had a busy day at work, the morning just flew by. I also had a great visit with my friend and yes we played Skipbo all afternoon. I have a longer work day today, until 4, and then I have a last meeting/dinner tonight as we break for the summer. So I won't be coming home after work today.

There will be no sewing today either.

My shoulder/armpit/neck area was really bothering me yesterday. I have made an appointment with my doctor, but not until June 20th. I will try and tough it until then. I could have had an appointment with someone else today but it is just easier to not have to repeat myself. I used Voltaren Extra Strength last night and it seems to have helped a little.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesday hellos!!

Good morning y’all!

Been awhile since I’ve been here......unbelievably busy! So much rain and when it’s not raining, lots....lots....lots of yard work. Have had to use a trimmer to cut large portions of the lawn and I’m tired......just plain tired! We’ll have 2 days in a row today without rain. Love it, but more work comes with it. We have a neighbor who rents out his house and he doesn’t take care of it. There’s a large hedge along our yard that was planted right up against our fence and it’s rarely trimmed by him. My DH & I do it, just so we can reduce the mess and the amount of bugs. But it’s a job, more so as we get older. We have to do it in stages. It’s 40 feet long....

Monique, I’m so sad to hear about your pains and the length of time it’ll be before you can see your doc. I’ll keep you in my prayers.....lots of love and hugs.

Prayers for those who have it a whole lot worse than we do......the earth seems to be in an upheaval!

Hope everyone has a blessed day!

4. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ A busy morning ahead for us. The sprinkler guy is coming to adjust the pop-up heads spray. Another guy is coming to set up the swamp (evaporative) cooler for the summer. They may both show up at the same time.

A rude awakening at 4:30 to skunk odor! Yuk! So I laid awake for 30 min. till the alarm went off.

Yest. morning I made DH's chicken soup; it made 14 qts. That took all morning. I made it to the sewing room in the eve. & got the quilt backing pieced for the latest baby quilt. Maybe I can get it sandwiched & pin basted later today.

We're into that June afternoon thunder shower pattern. Yest. we had a sunny morning & 85 deg. Then the clouds moved in, there were some rumbles of thunder & a brief shower. It stayed in the 70's the remainder of the day. Hopefully, we finally are past the frost problems. The long range forecast is for low temps. in the 50's.

Please keep praying for DS#2 to get a job. He's got "new" car payments, rent, etc. to pay. DS#1 is in Tampa all this week for manager training classes.

6. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning...Sorry to hear it will take you so long to see a doctor, Monique. That sounds like what we go through here. We have no doctor in our little town. I hope the medication you are taking gives you some good relief.

We had to buy a new coffee maker and boy does it make some sounds. It's a Kitchenaid and so far Jeff gets along with it.

The Bride's quilt is on the way to my DD in California. The shower (the first shower of three) is in two weeks. I must be a dinosaur because I don't get the way things are done now. Different generations....!

We are supposed to get a whopper of a storm later this morning so I'm trying to get laundry done before it arrives. We have had three good days of nice weather.

The Pups went to the vet yesterday and got all of their shots for another year. They were both good girls....Maggie weighs 22 and Sugar weighs 17. He noticed how mature Maggie is for her age. In contrast to Sugar any dog would look mature! Dottie had to stay at home alone and she had a bit of a temper tantrum and threw all of the pillows off our bed. Not bad....she has done worse things in the past.

Pam (pcbatiks) this is for you. I will post a full picture of the wedding quilt before I mail it. This is a small shot of both quilts:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BrideQuilt.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	159376 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WedQuilt.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	159377 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WedQuilt5.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	159378

Does anyone know if there is a way to post pictures in Private Messages? I would love to be able to do that. TIA.....

I'm off to work on the laundry and possibly run the vacuum before the storm hits. Have a great day everyone....Hugs...
    Last edited by Bubby; June 4th, 2019 at 09:09 AM.

8. Thanks pcbatiks, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,
    It looks like it will be sunny but cool all day. I'll take that over the rain. All this dampness is bad on my joints.

Monique - I agree with whoever posted yesterday. Tylenol Athritis formula works, even better than my 500mg Naproxen. When I have a bad bout, I take the daily maximum. I use Voltaren, but I use BioFreeze when it is particularly bad. It seems to work better.

Carol336 - I read your post yesterday. I'm sorry that you are feeling tired as a result of treatments. I think being cold is common, which is why I work with VQC to make quilts for patients. A flannel back is warm and cuddly.

Barb - we have a noisy Kitchenaid coffee maker also. Yesterday, I didn't push the pot all the way in, so when I came to take a cup, it was all over the counter and floor. You know it's going to be that kind of day, and it was. Your quilts are beautiful.

We had our last VQC meeting until September. We were over 15 people. I will drop off quilts and bags to the area coordinator. There was no answer when I went yesterday. She hasn't been feeling well, I hope she's ok. When I got home, DH had slept all afternoon. He hasn't been feeling well. I got a call from J-E. They need us to babsit Michael tomorrow. Matilda is having a procedure on her eye at hospital. I can see they are freaked as they are putting her under. Prayers for our 7 yr old GD.

I am picking up a GF and we are meeting a few GFs for a birthday lunch. It's that time of year. Since I'm the last one to receive it, it's my turn to fill and pass it on. I started this a few years ago rather than getting gifts we don't need or use. I call it the travelling wine bag.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	183.8 KB 
ID:	159379
    Enjoy your day. I hope everyone is safe with all that Mother Nature is producing.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

10. Thanks baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Monique, I hope your medication will tide you over. It's a long time until your appointment, but I totally understand hating to repeat yourself.

Anita, my neighbor has two trees that are next to the fence. I'm going to have to have someone come and cut the limbs on my side. No way I'm going to climb a ladder and trim them up. I feel for the trees, they're pushing the fence apart around them. Who ever planted them didn't think about how much they grow! I just want them trimmed back so they won't rub against the house when the wind blows. It's kind of nerve wracking when you're trying to go to sleep and it's scratching right above the bed. In the mornings the squirrels jump on the roof from the branches. They make my bedroom kind of noisy.

Joy, your chicken soup day is making me think about dinner tonight. I think we'll have some chicken pasta salad. I know it's not soup, but if it's going to be near 100, it's time for something cool for dinner!

Barb, the quilts are beautiful! I'm sure they'll be well loved. My coffee pot gurgles and beeps when it's done, only thing is, it's not done when it beeps.

The coffee pot stories we all could fill in. I thought we needed a new one, and went and bought another one. It's still in the box because the first pot worked fine the next day... knock on wood! I guess the old pot figured out it's replacement is already in the house.

Suzanne, the traveling wine bag is a good idea. lol, I'd rather have bourbon in mine (I cook with it a lot more than drink it, but it's good to have on hand if you need a quick toddy for medicinal purposes).

PT was yesterday. I took my therapist 3 wonder clips. She was like, wow these are hard! She's going to use them for strengthening... like I am. I'm going to heat up my towel and then start my PT. I'm pretty stiff this morning and she's added another exercise to do. Just when I'm getting the routine down pat. I go back on Thursday.

I used the rotary cutter yesterday and trimmed up 2 table runners and a table topper. I left everything out, so I can cut the binding. Hopefully, I'll be able to get some of them finished up today.

Mike and I ran errands after PT yesterday, then came home to find out there were somethings at Michaels on sale. Several hours after I got home, I remembered one of the things I wanted to pick up at Michaels. Dang it. I guess that means we'll go back out today. lol, oh well. I didn't write it down in the book, and I didn't take the book, so it's all my fault.

Have a great day! Prayers for those in need as the needs are many.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all, been awhile since I chimmed in. My caregiver duties for two are keeping me busy, another story for another day.

Suzanne... what a GREAT idea, traveling wine bag. My DIL is a wine lover (along with her GF gang), this will be perfect for a christmas gift for her. I have made reversible wine totes in the past, but I love the look of this bag, more like a fancy purse.

I am in the throws of making a moda best friends doll house, oh my word! Lets just say my words was not all pleasant that were coming out of my mouth. First hurdle, you need single sided iron on foam and I only had double sided, BUT I made it work, lots of wax paper peelings in the trash! One of my new year's goals (not resolutions..!) was to go out of my comfort zone and NOT give up. Good or bad the project get done.

Hugs to all !

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Coffee Maker .... I fill mine using a water pitcher and not the coffee pot. Ooops forgot to check and make sure the pot was completely empty before turning on the maker. YEP... came back and it had over filled and all over the counter. Having the pot pushed all the way in is not good enough if it is NOT empty to begin with. I bought a small 4 cup to use at my dads while I am staying here and to be so small it is so big in noise. Sounds like the finale of a firework show at the very end sometimes. BUT it works!

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning all. I don't often post to the morning greeting thread as my life is less than exciting most of the time, but I do want to share my excitement.

Tomorrow evening I fly back to my home town in Naples Florida for a little family reunion. My Mothers side of the family started a tradition back in 1989 and call it the "Decade Birthday Party". In 1989 my oldest niece turned 10, my younger brother and a cousin turned 20, my older brother turned 30, my youngest Uncle 40, my Mother 50 and a Great-Aunt 80 (hence the name of the gathering). Our family enjoyed the time together so much that we have ended up getting together in June every 5 years. My Uncle, Mom, and Great Aunt are no longer with us,

The last few reunions have sadly been overshadowed with sad events though, the last one was the same week that we laid my Mother to rest. Hard to believe that she's been gone 5 years. Yesterday morning I got word that my Aunt Nancy (Dad's side of the family) back home had passed away, and although I haven't seen her in over thirty years, we've stayed in touch so depending on when the funeral is, I hope to be able to attend.

I have three quilts to take with me for several of my cousins, so even though I only need a carryon for my clothing and necessities, I find that I need a large suitcase just for the quilts. haha and here I thought I would save money on postage by not mailing them, cost of checked luggage (return trip also) is going to be more than the cost of shipping. but not a problem, as my sister has been holding my Mother's fabric stash hostage until I came for another visit. So I'm sure my large suitcase will be full on the return trip.

I'm so looking forward to a beautiful sunset, sand between my toes, and some good ol' Southern style fried fish (Grouper = yum)

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Hello.. everyone has been busy. I spend a lot of time doing the pug’s pee laundry. She now has a urinary tract infection.
    Talkin* about scheduling a doctors appointment— I need to see a G-I doctor. I would have to wait until July 14. This can’t wait, so I asked the nurse to try to work me in to see any doc in the practice.
    For my neck and shoulder pain I see a PT and get massages. Thankfully the pain was greatly reduced.
    I am off to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned. Hope to do more cutting done this pm.
    Suzanne— your quilts are beautiful!,

Have a good day
    Beth

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post