Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Yet another Flower Power stash buster, done and dusted!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    Remember back in 2014 when Jenny did the tutorial on the exploding block? (No? Neither did I!). But I found some blocks in my stash using that technique, and my practice fabrics were charm squares from Big Lots! Remember when we were able to get those? (Cheap! But a bit ugly!)

So I thought, why not put these blocks together, quilt them up and have a finished quilt. Yes, now I have an UGLY finished quilt! Guess it is sort of cute, even with these gaudy colors!

Attachment 159368
    I don't think this quilt is ugly! I've seen a lot of quilts on this site that are gaudier that this. I bought the same fabric (minus the green border) at Big Lots a few years ago, made a child's quilt that I entered in a local quilt competition, and it won a ribbon! And no, it wasn't for ugliest quilt. The judges must have thought it was pretty. Go figure!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think your quilt is great!! My daughter works at Big Lots.....she picked up fabric there for me. The JR strips were cut all wonky...the charm squares weren't much better. Here is a disappearing nine patch quilt I made for my niece with the Big Lots fabric:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hannah_quilt.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	208.2 KB 
ID:	159438
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

3. Thanks am2901 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Momofmonsters5 View Post
    Thanks Jean! I'll look I have three of each I think. Do you have a picture of the lone star? Lol that saying is funny.
    It was lost for a couple of years, then the other night I couldn't sleep, so I started investigating a Tote under my bed. What do you know, there was my missing lone star top!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	201.1 KB 
ID:	159445