Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Monday hellos!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday hellos!!

Good morning friends. Well today is the start to a whole work week. Today's hours are 8-1. I have a few errands after work and then I will head to my friend's place and spend time with her. Chances are pretty good we will play cards. Les works until 6 so it seemed like a good plan to stay in town and wait for him.

Not a whole lot of sewing got done after coming home from retreat. The only thing I really got done was a little organizing as I was looking for something, haha.

A tornado touched down just outside of Ottawa in Orleans. This is where Suzanne lives but I have no idea how she was affected. If able to do so, she will tell you all about it when she gets here. No lives were lost, thankfully, just some wind damage. Just when people are still recovering from flooding.

I need to make another appointment with my doctor. My right shoulder is really bothering me. Must have something to do with the arthritis he discovered in my neck. Who knew?

Thoughts and prayers to all those affected by storms and flooding.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Monday hellos!!

Hi everyone! I follow everyday, but don't get to comment often. I've finished a bunch of t shirt quilts, a retirement memory quilt, some gift quilts, a couple of bags during the past few weeks. All ( well almost all) of my promises to do projects for others are finished, so I am free to do what I want these days! Found stash and am having fun putting together projects from some long forgotten UFO tops, and half finished/just started projects. I found the fabrics from my first conceived big quilt. All cut out and nothing sewn! Thank goodness I also stashed the pattern to make it! Might be a forum retreat project//72 Stars!

We're rooting for our home team St. Louis Blues in the Stanley Cup hockey final. They look brilliant one night and terrible the next! Tonight is game 4, wonder which team will show up tonight?

Floods in our area, with the Mississippi , Missouri and Illinois rivers converging within10 miles of each other, there is a lot of flooded area. Levees are being breached and new areas flooded every day. I drove down a highway that connects STL with counties west of us, in an area that has been flooded for weeks was higher than ever, very near the road, closer than I have ever seen it. Mother Nature, enough with this rain!

Hope you all have a great day! Happy quilting!

4. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,

Waiting for confirmation but 1-2 tornado hit just east of Orleans. DH & I were driving to restaurant and saw menacing shelf cloud, and thought possible tornado. When we were at restaurant, many people's cell phones were receiving alerts. Ours did not!
    When we left, it had rained, and we heard a tornado touched down just east. There was damage but no lives, and sound like a low F one. Mother Nature is not kind, as the area hit is still dealing with flooding. She could also send some heat - we're struggling to reach 60s. Unusual.

Monique - between the two of us, we're a fine pair. My left shoulder has been giving me grief. I do have arthritis and anywhere I've had an injury in younger days, it now bothers me. This weather is not helping.
    Jean - watching in sadness all the flooding in mid-west. It is heartbreaking, and there doesn't seem to be anywhere that is spared. Be careful and if possible avoid driving on roads with water. I think I would keep a lifejacket handy, in car and home.

I finished attaching the labels on VQC quilts. Today, we meet for last time before summer break. I registered us for a Gammill learning session in Sept. As soon as DH wakes, I will make a rhubarb cake. My GF gave me loads the other day. I googled a recipe, and it sounds delicious. I'll let you know.

Enjoy your day. Stay warm and dry.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

6. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ I have only a few min, then I need to get on with my day, which includes a morning in the kitchen making DH's chicken soup. I did the veg. prep. yest. afternoon.

After church yest. a.m., I went to Walmart. We had several Rx's ready, plus I needed quite a few things. I was home by 12:15.

We had some excitement in church yest. A lady my age fainted just prior to the pastor getting up to preach. She was unconscious. They lifted her out of the pew & rolled her out into the foyer on the seat of someone's walker. 911 was called & she went to the hosp. Not sure what the problem was. She was home later in the day & will be following up with the cardiologist.

The weather turned hot yest. It got up to 90 deg. While I was at church, DH went up in the attic & installed the fan in the hall ceiling. It acts as an attic exhaust fan. I don't like it that he did that while I wasn't home. I always help him & stand by. If he had fallen or hurt himself, there would be no one here to help him. But he said, I prayed the whole time; Jesus & I got it done. It really helped to have that added air flow yest.

I need to get on with my day.

8. Thanks Monique, sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

We're finally going to have some consecutive summer weather days. It'll be in the 80's starting today for about 5 days. We could use some rain, but chances aren't looking very good. I finished planting the garden yesterday, and I think I'll have to haul water to it today.

The dogs and I are headed to the cabin later today for the entire week. DH and DS + family will arrive for the weekend. It's predicted to be in the mid 70's there which is just fine as far as I'm concerned. The cabin is seasonal (not insulated), so I prefer moderate temps in the summer. I have my small Janome there and some sewing supplies, so I'll take a project along to work on. The former owner was also a quilter. She would even put her machine on a table on the deck and sew while looking at the beautiful view. I haven't tried that yet :-)

Yesterday we went to church, did a little outdoor work, then headed to DS's to celebrate our GS's 7th birthday. When we got home, we were full of pizza and cake, so we just snacked for supper. For some reason, I was really tired in the evening, and headed to bed at 80!

Have a blessed day, everyone. Prayers for all being tested by Mother Nature.

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All....It's a busy day for me. I will be bathing both pups today because they have an appointment this afternoon to see the vet for their shots and to check a sore on Sugar's lip. I'm also sewing the labels on the wedding quilts and getting them packed to be shipped to California. The Bride's quilt will go first, as the shower is in three weeks. The wedding is August 10th. I always balk at sewing on labels for some reason.

We had a full day of work at the apartments Saturday and came home really exhausted for the rest of the weekend.

Jean I've heard scary things about the flooding when the Mississippi crests. They say everything at the Landing will be under water.
    I hope this doesn't happen.

The Girls are squeaking and need to go outside.

Have a great day everyone!

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. It's a sunny one here but a little on the cool side. We had some storms come through last night with lots of lightning and thunder. I made sure my machines were unplugged.

I did get to spend some time with those machines yesterday. I finished another secret Santa gift and did a freestanding lace bookmark. It felt good to have the energy to spend some time in there. I feel pretty good this morning. I slept through the night last night. Woohoo. I am still a bit congested and I am coughing some too but overall, I think I am almost done with this annoying cold.

Monique and Suzanne, sounds like you had some real wild weather up your way. And there is so much flooding across both our countries. Mother Nature needs to calm herself down a bit.

Jean, sure sounds like you have been one busy bee. Joy, I am glad your dh got that fan taken care of safely.

Well I am off to continue with the day. I've got to get all the ingredients for dinner into the crockpot and then the day is open. I think we will go through the coat closet and put together a donation bag. We have two bags of clothes from Ray's apartment to donate so we figure we will add a bag of our own too.

Have a good Monday all.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

I'm hoping for a calmer day than yesterday... it sounds like everyone is dealing with something from the weather to family and friends.

My DIL, Morgan worked Sat. night then came to church after a quick shower. She'd had a migraine all night, but she thought she was feeling better. Only thing was, she wasn't. By the time church ended she couldn't even stand up. Jim and the preacher's wife got her to the truck. Nana and Nandy were taking the kiddos so Morgan could sleep during the afternoon. So J ended up with his Dad and Mom and Morgan's grandparents brought me home. Jim took Morgan to the ER. Nandy picked up J after lunch while Morgan was treated. She was released late yesterday afternoon. On the way home, Jim got a ticket. The tag on the truck had elapsed. He couldn't remember getting any notification at all about it. So his morning will be getting a tag, and walking down to the clerk of court to show that he's updated the account to get the fee reduced. What a day he had!

I called a little bit ago, Morgan's a little feeling better. Jim's packing up the kids to go to Nana's while he takes care of the ticket. Morgan will go back to bed. The quiet will do her good.

I finished quilting the table runners yesterday. I'll clean up the table from practicing the watercolor tutorial, so after I get home from PT and errands, I'll be ready to trim them up and hopefully cut the binding. We'll see how I feel. Either way, it will be the first time with the rotary cutter since March. I might need some practice.

Joy, I found out yesterday, there's a baby shower at church at the end of the month! I'd been thinking it was time to start using up some of the baby prints I'd bought last year when there was a run on baby showers! I guess I just got that push to actually do something about it.

Time to get ready for PT. Oh boy! There's a trip to Staples after that and somewhere else. I hope Mike remembers what else we were supposed to do!

Have a great day! Anyone wanting more heat needs to come here to visit... another day of 102 at my house yesterday. I'd gladly ship it, if I knew how!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm late to the party today. The good news is that I'm now half way through my radiation treatments....I can see the light at the end of the tunnel - Praise God!!! The bad news is - and it really isn't so bad - I'm mucho tired most of the time....and something seems to be messing with my internal temp - can't seem to get warm. I think that's partly because they keep it so chilly in the treatment room, and I'm half naked while I'm in there. But hey - it's a small price to pay!!!

Monique - When I was diagnosed with arthritis in my ankle the Dr recommended Tylenol Arthritis Formula. I told her I had extra strength regular Tylenol, but she said the formula is a little different and you will get much better relief. Well sir - I compared the labels and could not find a difference - but - wow it really did take away the pain - fast!!!! You might want to give it a try.

Wow - Jean you are sure one busy gal. I don't know how you do it!!!!

I gifted the Harry Potter quilt to my niece yesterday and she was so thrilled with it. Personally I think all the HP material is so ugle - but once you put it all together in a quilt it doesn't look so bad. I tried to post a pic, but couldn't do it.

Have a great day everyone - I'm headed in to take a nap

C

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone
    sorry its been awhile since was last here, life has had its challenges and they are continuing, but missed you all so thought would pop in while had signal, signal is rather bad & intermittent at the moment
    while been away learnt a few things in life, discovered new strengths, perhaps was helped there from above.
    learning has come in all different ways, funny how topics seem so relevant even though have not chosen the exact source of that for that reason.
    moving slightly on

anyone ever used talk back text to speech on their computer or phone device? its in accessibility or ease of access.
    its an amazing slightly annoying tone option to allow written words on a screen to be heard, its allowed time to pass, but then has given us all a chance to share in a written words without concentration, eye strain or thumb strain. its meant for all to use.

lets just say its given some entertainment when the device reads aloud. particular funny when the lady on device seemed to get upset at the words' is, live, lead, '
    also found the some written language in fictions book is spelt rather then said.

am a bit 'out of sewing' but am sure when the time is right the needle will guide me into much un-sewing till re learn all those little gremlins & detour around them hehehe
    happy stitching, virtual hugs, cookies & prays for friends and friends yet to meet hello
    T

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post