Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default WiP May 31 - June 6, 2019

I'm excited to have all the blocks done for "It was the 80s"!!! I still have to cut all the sashing. This is an asymmetrical setting, so each area is a different size. I'm rather puzzling over the logistics: cut all in advance, cut as I assemble? It will be an adventure!

After all the storms early this week, we have few days of beautiful weather. It's actually dried out enough to mow! (Good thing, too, the grass was calf deep in places.)

I hope everything is going well in your world. Check in and let us know!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP May 31 - June 6, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by threadbndr View Post
    I'm excited to have all the blocks done for "It was the 80s"!!!
    Would love to see a picture of your blocks.

I got four more blocks done of the River Rocks pattern this week. Here are block 4B, 5B, 6B and 8B.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5025.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	159336
    Here are all nine of the big blocks together
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5026.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	159337
    Now I get to make all nine block design over again at a smaller scale and with different colors.

On house renovations I got one more light fixture replaced, and the new LED light bulbs with a special dispersing lens I ordered for the kitchen saved the track lighting I had installed there. The original LED bulbs were so bright and concentrated it was burning after images into my eyes if I even glanced at them.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

4. Thanks TMP, SuzanneOrleansOntario, threadbndr thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've been sewing the bindings on some VQC quilts, almost done #3 in 2 days. Then after Monday's meeting, I will bring all finished quilts to our area coordinator. I plan to work on embroidered names for pillowcases and making labels for recently finished quilts.

Today, I am going to a grand opening of a quilt shop about an hour away with 2 GFs. Shop owner does LAQ and has won many national awards. Then the roadtrip will continue to some area gift shops and clothing stores.

I saw on FB that a large fabric store in my hometown has the business up for sale. I used to buy wholesale when I had a craft business. I found it unusual as he has been beefing up fabric lines and brought in quilting tools in past year. It has always been a no-frills fabric only business in the past. Oh well, I guess after 45 years, he wants to retire. I jokingly told DH - want to buy a business, and he was trying to figure out how. I said, drop it, I, not that ambitious.

My friend dropped off large bag of rhubarb, so tomorrow I will bake.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise, I love everything about your quilt the colors are so pretty and the pattern . I cant wait to see it complete

7. Thanks DeniseSm thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Aaarrrggg, I ran out of the thread I was using to quilt my 30's project. I have ordered some and it will be here eventually. In the mean time I will read a book.
    I do have another sandwich to quilt which I might work on later or tomorrow. Or maybe put borders on a top that I have put the blocks together.

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post