Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How fussy are you about your seams staying flat?

I recently purchased a wooden Press Stick from quilter Michelle Renee Hiatt, the June speaker at my Quilt Guild. The seam you are pressing open lays on top of the stick and the other seams fall away. I see MSQC sells a Strip Stick that is probably similar: https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...12-strip-stick

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie B View Post
    I recently purchased a wooden Press Stick from quilter Michelle Renee Hiatt, the June speaker at my Quilt Guild. The seam you are pressing open lays on top of the stick and the other seams fall away. I see MSQC sells a Strip Stick that is probably similar: https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...12-strip-stick
    I have the strip stick and I consider it one of my most useless investments! Near the top of my list of stuff I bought that I never use.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Somewhat fussy but I won't die over it. I think once it's laundered and used the way it was meant to be no one would ever notice.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

tend to interlock / nest the seams while sewing units together they lay where they do, then get ironed when quilt is getting baking
    having used a rubber mallet to hit a stubborn tent peg in and loosing the rubber head into the abyss, dare not use one indoors, your all very brave.

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    I'm pretty fussy. If I have a lot of HSTs, I sometimes press them open. Or if I press to the dark side, and there are several seams coming together at one spot, I use the Clover Pen to relax the fabrics. I put just a drop of liquid on the seams & press it with the iron. When all else fails, use a wooden or rubber mallet.
    What is the clover pen and how do you use it on seams?