Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default WiP May 24 - 30, 2019

Good morning all. I am happy to report that I did not blow away this week! We have had a ton of storms (with tornadoes) all over the south central part of the US. Hopefully all our members are safe. It's also rained and rained. My peonies are flattened! They were just coming into flower and the weight of the rain on the bushes and buds was just too much for the stems to handle.

On the quilting front, I am putting the corners on my big Carpenter's Wheel hand pieced block. I haven't worked on it much this week because it's my travel project and it was my week to drive the car pool. I am hoping to finish it up over the holiday weekend. (For our non-US members, this weekend is our Memorial Day - aka Remembrance Day. A time to honor our fallen military.)

How are things going in your world?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP May 24 - 30, 2019

I have three things going on but right now I am just taking it easy.
    I need to decide on sashing for a quilt, what do you think, pink or cream?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0733.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	142.8 KB 
ID:	159232Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0732.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	155.5 KB 
ID:	159233
    I am leaning toward the cream and perhaps aqua cornerstones- or green- or dark pink or????

3. Thanks pcbatiks, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Tough decision, I like them both.

5. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love the cream with those fabrics it let's the fabrics stand out. The pink is pretty but the fabrics blend in detracting from beautiful fabrics.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

7. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think the cream background lets fabrics shine. I would alternate both pink and green cornerstones. Possibly all four colors for the cornerstones, aqua, pink, green and red.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

9. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ooh I love what you have so far!! Even though pink is my favorite color I would go with the cream. It offers more contrast for the pink blocks. I think the pink sashing washes out the pink blocks. But either would make a pretty quilt.

11. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Claire, it's sew pretty. I don't love pink (though I have four beautiful granddaughters and three beautiful great granddaughter and they are all pretty in pink), but I don't love pink. BUT, I see pink! I thought pink and saw pink as soon as I saw your pics.
    Last edited by cv quilter; May 24th, 2019 at 08:39 PM.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

13. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

threadbndr: I am so glad to hear that you were not harmed by the storm. I saw the terrible damage on the news. I too hope all our members are ok. ( and their fabric).

I am working on my 9th charity quilt since the first of the year. I have made all of them the same pattern. I have a couple of other tops that need to be quilted. I am gradually getting caught up and hope to start something I want to sew soon.

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I hope forum members are safe from this latest round of tornadoes. We are still not experiencing our usual spring weather. It's still cooler, rainy and dreary most days, sprinkled with a teaser day of sunshine.

Claire - either sashing would be pretty and I like the idea of several colour cornerstones.

Sewing wise, I finished many small projects this week. Today, I pieced the back for a musical quilt, sandwiched it and have done a few hours of SITD. If it rains tomorrow, I will do some FMQ on it. I hope to finish this week. I am also working on a few children's burrito pillowcases, but I need to embroider the names first.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

17. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This week was my first ever trip to Missouri Star Academy in Hamilton Missouri. I had a lot of fun despite the freezing cold rain, threat of tornadoes, and driving past heavily flooded roads edging up to the highway. It was great to meet and talk with quilters that I had only know of on line. All the presenters were so gracious in answering questions.

I also finished up the next three blocks of River Rocks by Sarah Maxwell (I meet her at the Missouri Star Academy.) Here is my versions of blocks 2B, 7B and 9B joining last weeks blocks 1B and 3A.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5020.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	159234

House renovations, I got up one more curtain, replaced one more light fixture, and ordered replacement LED bulbs with a diffusing lens cap that I hope can selvedge the new track lighting installation in the kitchen.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.