Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: It's Friday!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Friday!!

Good morning friends. Friday has finally arrived. No rain in the forecast for today so laundry will get washed and hung outside today. There is an RCMP Musical Ride scheduled for tomorrow near here. I am hoping the weather will be good for it. It will be held outdoors. I am hoping to be able to go.

2 more sleeps until retreat. I was in town yesterday and picked up the groceries I need to take with me. Today I will start packing. Les is away golfing for most of the day.

So that's it for me. Have a wonderful weekend. Thoughts and prayers to all those affected by the weather.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks sewbizzy, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Friday!!

Name:  Memorial Day.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  8.0 KB

Good Morning Everyone....The rain has stopped and now we get to work cleaning up the mess. We have to work at the apartments tomorrow. We have part of a tree down there on one of our fences. It will be a long day.

My doctor appointment yesterday went well. Glad that's over with until October.

Jenny's new tutorial is cute, especially with 30s fabrics. Not much sewing going on here. I have to sew the labels onto the wedding quilts and get the brides quilt in the mail in plenty of time for her shower.

I have piles of laundry to do and bathrooms to clean so I'm off.

Have a great Memorial weekend everyone.
    Last edited by Bubby; May 24th, 2019 at 08:56 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ With the chilly spring weather we've been having, it's hard to believe this is Memorial Day Week End. Most years we'd be having temps. in the 70's & 80's & spring run off would be under way. When the kids were younger, we went tubing on the nearby creek in May. It made it up to 50 yest. with intermittent rain. It's clear this a.m. & 42 deg. I see frost on the neighbor's roof! It might make it up to 70 today.

Our monthly Lady Bugs lunch is today -- a potluck. I mixed up my salad last night to save time this a.m. We are meeting at the Walmart parking lot to carpool to a near by town.

I got the latest quilt trimmed yest. & the binding sewn on one side. It's good to see the end in sight. I have so many UFOs. I was counting the finished tops just waiting to be sandwiched & quilted. I must have at least 10.

DH is getting antsy for his breakfast. He didn't sleep well last night, so he's in a bit of a dither this a.m.

5. Thanks Monique, sewbizzy, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All.

Yesterday's PT was fine. She had my hand bending back a lot farther than I can do on my own. She's added more exercises to improve the strength in my hand. I'm pretty stiff and swollen this morning. I'll do a warm soak, then start some stretches before playing with the Thinking Putty and wringing out a towel.

Jim's coding project interview went well. They want to share his project as an example of what it's supposed to look like. He was really pleased with the interview, he basically had to explain and justify what he did. All of those years or Boy Scout rank reviews came in handy!

I picked up a few things to work on this weekend. I need to get back into the sewing room and start working. If I'm able to carry my drinking glass in my right hand I can surely get some small projects taken care of.

There are lots of wild fires on the other side of the river. I-95 is closed. Be safe on the roads this weekend, they're re inding people to make sure their gas tanks are full and their phones are charged before traveling.

Happy Memorial Day weekend!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

7. Thanks Monique, sewbizzy, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,
    Another late sleep in for both of us. I guess our bodies are telling us something. Yesterday I worked a few hours in the yard, filling pots and planting flowers. It still feels too early, so I hope they survive. I also got a haircut at a new salon. It has better prices, and the cut is good. I liked the stylist, so I will give it another try.

Today, I might do some yardwork before the rain, but not so much that I will be stiff and sore. I definitely want to get to the sewing room. I dreamt I was making a quilt out of some fabric I have. I was checking out a tutorial last night and fell asleep. I think it's peefect. Who else does this?

Enjoy your day. Be careful. Stay safe. Have a good Memorial Day weekend to my American forum friends.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

9. Thanks Monique, sewbizzy thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. I was up early to get to my manicure appt. we are expecting a high of 78 and the wind to pick up. I am planning to bake pumpkin and lemon gluten free bread. I made macaroons the other night, which made a sticky mess. 2 of our kids are heading to the Jersey shore later today (long with 1/2 the population of Philly. We are staying put, and enjoying the quiet.

Have a good day.
    Beth

11. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We've been having beautiful, dry, sunny days in the 60-70's with an occasional shower, just to keep things green. It rained a bit last night as I was going to bed, so I left the window open just a crack to hear the rain falling on the leaves. Is there a better way to fall asleep?
    Yesterday I started a new quilt, or I should say quilts. Friends of DD had a house fire last week and they lost everything so I'm making quilts for their twin daughters. Thank the dear Lord they all survived, even their pets were rescued. I can't imagine how a 6 year old processes that traumatic experience. Hopefully a quilt will help the healing just a bit.

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post