Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Wednesday morning

The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, what more can we ask for. Today promises to be a nice sunny day

My work day yesterday was relatively quiet. I did manage to finish quilting the baby quilt and I added the binding last night. Now to hand sew it to the back.

Today is another work day with a stress test in the afternoon. My brother is meeting with me to give me some beer he bought for Les on his travels (you can only get it in the Eastern Provinces) and I, in turn, will give my goose who broke another leg. It is a wind goose and he already had a broken leg which he fixed.

Excited to see my Oriole come back yesterday morning. And boy did it feast on the orange slices. I need to get more oranges today.

4 more sleeps to RETREAT!! Do I sound excited? LOL!!

I have been downloading my Craftsy classes onto my computer. I am using a program called "Bigasoft downloader Pro" that I downloaded for free. Works great so now all my classes will be on my computer whenever I want to view them.

So that is what my day looks like. Wishing you all a wonderful day.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good Wednesday morning

Good Morning....We survived another round of storms yesterday and last night. It will be pretty today but more storms will arrive tonight. I have to take Dottie to the groomer this morning but she should be back home before the new round of weather strikes.
    Joy, I saw your weather (snow) on the news!

Monique, I will investigate that download program you mentioned. Thaks for posting about it. It's a bit of a hassle to go to Bluprint to see our Craftsy classes.

I hope the sun is shining where you are...wishing everyone a great day.

4. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Yesterday was PT. Still working on flexibility this week, next week starts strength. She added taking a bar and turning it parallel to the table, right and left and finally forward like your pouring. So out to the garage to get a light weight hammer to go with my pile of PT stuff.

Last night we went to Sweet Frog for frozen yogurt. We haven't been to one since we left NC. I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed that little shop.

Not sure if J is coming to school or not. I guess I should get dressed just in case. It's been nice enjoying the quiet and sipping my coffee.

Have a wonderful day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

6. Thanks sewbizzy, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ The snow melted by yest. eve. Tues. is our usual mowing day, so of course that didn't happen. They're supposed to mow today. I've had the sprinkler system turned off for several days. The anti-siphon valve has been covered in a rug for several days due to cold temps. I'm always thankful for free water from the skies. The temp. made it up to 50 by the afternoon. It will be about the same today. No warm up till Fri. & the week end.

I put in about 30 min. of FMQ yest. afternoon. I finally got the tension adjusted better & made good progress.

My Tula Pink order came yest. It took 6 days with reg. shipping. I had ordered the DD last week of the JR + 2 charm packs.

Well, I need to get on with my day.

8. Thanks sewbizzy, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Barb,

You're so right about Blueprint being a hassle. Sunny in Houston, Tx with 90s and feels like a hundred.

10. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning - sun is shining and it will be warmer today. I will enjoy it. We are hitting the road to a quilt store for my free monthly metre of fabric. Other shopping planned also.

Yesterday's plans changed, did 4 loads of laundry, baked 4 doz of banana muffins. I dropped off 2 doz and mended clothes to my DD, visited mom and showed her the valence I made. Then I went to relative and installed it. Her son was there. He has glucoma and recently had a new procedure (Zen?) in one eye to relieve the pressure. He had the other eye done years ago using another procedure. He also has diabetes which is an issue. He looks so healthy, you would never know. It was painful hearing/seeing this. For dinner I made the splatcock chicken recipe but I swapped out the asparagus with fiddle heads which I love. It's a short season but DH doesnt care for them.

Joy - I saw the snow and pileup on I-70 on the weather channel.
    Also flooding in Oklahoma and crazy weather down south and Texas. Grand niece said there were tornado warnings around Wichita, but nothing in their area.

Enjoy your day. Stay safe.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

12. Thanks sewbizzy, Monique thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

Crazy weather all over. It's heart-breaking to see the flooding and tornados. Prayers for all in nature's path of destruction.

Yesterday I worked at JoAnn's. It was a fairly quiet day, so a few projects were able to be finished in the store. There's a big sale coming up for Memorial Day weekend, but I don't have to work. Starting in June, I work just one weekend a month and usually one day per week. They are so good to accommodate the employees' schedules. I spend as much time as possible at our lake cabin in the summer and early fall.

It's rainy and cool today. We need the rain, so I guess no complaints. Memorial Day weekend is going to be more of the same.

Blessings for everyone's day.

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, sewbizzy, Monique thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. I was up early to get to a doctors appointment in the city. I can resume my normal activities now. I will head back into the city this afternoon. My DD is participating in Jefferson’s school of Nursing graduation ceremony. She will actually get her diploma in July when she officially completes the program. The weather has been great here. We may have storms go through here tonight.
    Joy— thanks for the computer program suggestion.

Beth