Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Tuesday hellos!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuesday hellos!

Good morning friends. Not sure what the weather for today will bring. It started off as a warm day yesterday but late in the afternoon, the wind kicked up and it got much cooler. Laundry got done, but the one load on the line got brought in from the rain. The kitchen floor got washed. I never did make it to the sewing room.

And I won't make it there today either. I work/quilt today and I have a project that needs finishing. So I will work on that today.

Prayers for all those in the path of severe weather. Be safe everyone.

Have a great day.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesday hellos!

Good morning Monique and all to follow. Yesterday was a nice, warm summery day but it is a lot cooler this morning. We got a bit of yardwork done yesterday and some puttering around the house but I didn't get into my sewing room. Won't get there today either since it is my first day to watch Tessa. I am sure I will be tired this evening.

Have a good day all. Prayers for those in the path of those nasty spring storms. Be safe.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

4. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ SNOW!!!! Can you believe it? The 21st of May & it's snowing! This is the latest snow in the 40 yrs. we've lived here, but I understand it can snow even into June. Well, we're getting it today. It started about 9:30 last night after the temps. dropped into the 30's. We had rain yest. It looks like maybe 1.5" on the picnic table. The snow is mostly on the grassy areas; streets just are wet. The tree branches are drooping. If it doesn't snow much more, they should be ok. The honey locusts aren't fully leafed out yet. I understand the snow is heavier S. of Denver in the Castle Rock area. Some areas of the mts. could get up to 18". Chain laws are in effect. There was a 20 vehicle accident on I-70 yest. in the mts.

I never made it to the sewing room yest. Like I said yest., I was bummed out. My mother's heart is grieving for DS#2 who moved to CO in March to pursue a relationship with a gal. It turns out she only wants to be friends, not romantically involved. He really cared for her; his heart is breaking. So I'm hurting for him. No matter how old our kids get, we care about them.

Maybe I'll make it to the sewing room today.

6. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm up early since I had a doc apt an hour and a half away. Got out to the highway and couldn't see the rain is coming down so hard. So we turned around since it was just a checkup. The creek by the house is flooding enough that even in the 4WD truck it slowed us down when we hit the water.
    Yesterday we were coming home from Ark and ran into the aftermath of a small tornado. Lots of trees down and a semi blown over. So far no reports of injuries but lots of flashing lights.
    Guess today will be a good day to be in the sewing room.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

8. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

It was miserably hot yesterday, thankfully there was a constant breeze. The counselor from VERC came yesterday. She's available if I'm overly frustrated or angry. I don't think that's what I really need now. She's very nice.

Joy, I bet you were shocked seeing snow! I can't imagine!

I stripped my bed yesterday. Jim and Mike got the fitted sheet all tucked under the corners and sides of the water bed. Mike got the long end of the sheets and blankets. No worries about pulling the sheets from Howard's side and it helps a lot keeping the quilt on top from sliding over the edges. Esther came in and was amazed at the number of pillows I had out. (2 from the purple quilt I need to put back in the trunk, 2 that I use to prop up at night to read, and 2 for sleeping).

Today PT is at 12:30, so Mike and I will stop at the Rob's Crab Shack before we come home. I hope it goes well, I'm pretty sore before I even start. We'll see what happens. I'm deliberately looking for improvement. Right now, simple things like brushing my teeth with my right hand without grimacing is a step forward, turning the hot water on, carrying a glass of apple juice to the table for the kids, etc. Every small step is a step in the right direction.

Well, time to get started doing something. Have a wonderful day.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you have made some more small steps Karen. Cool and breezy here, so refreshing to air out the house. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TUESDAY.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	159194

11. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good day all,

It looks like another fall day, with strong winds and dreary skies. But at least there's no snow, just more rain. Oh Joy, I think I would just crawl back in bed. This is not spring as we know it. The 3 week Tulip Festival ended Monday, and from people I know that went many of the tulips had not bloomed yet. Very unusual.

I do feel better that I got a lot of sewing projects for relatives done yesterday. I also cleaned up the tables in the sewing rooms, and put away recent purchases. I feel energized to piece the back for a quilt I made this winter for a friend. I have 4 large tops waiting to be sandwiched and quilted.

Enjoy your day. Be careful of nasty weather.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

13. Thanks sewbizzy, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning...Just a note to let you know we made it through the awful night of storms. Dottie was a wreck all night but the pups did pretty well, probably because they were with us all night. We are bracing for more bad weather today.

Be safe everyone. Hugs, Barb

15. Thanks sewbizzy, quiltingaway, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

It's a pleasant morning in east TN. But the summer has arrived this afternoon. Highs in the 90's for the next few days, and no rain in sight to cool us down. I don't like summer! I can put on extra clothes and stay warm in winter, but I can't stay cool in summer except in the house, car, or stores. Oh well, it will be over in October!

I need to get some cleaning done today. My age is starting to bother me. These old bones and joints don't bend as easily as they used to! I guess it's time to find cleaning help.

17. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We are looking at the same weather as Navywife. It is supposed to be 90's for the week, even 96 on Friday. I was hoping for more Spring before Summer hit us too strong. Inside is where I will be.
    I made it into my sewing room for a bit late yesterday, hope to get back after going to the gym.

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, sewbizzy thanked for this post