Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday Morning Greetings! :)

Good Morning ~ Just a quick hello before I fix DH's breakfast. I'll be going to church this a.m., then make a stop at the groc. store on the way home for the items I didn't get Friday when it was raining.

Good news! DS#2 found a car. It's a 2004 Ford Explorer. He e-m'd pics, but I don't know any details yet.

DS#1 made it home safely to MD yest. from a business trip to Austin, TX. this week.

I talked with my niece for 1 hr. 40 min. last eve. & heard all about my SIL's memorial service. It was held at their church. I hope she'll get a breather now that she won't be stressed out with the caregiving, etc. She never married & had been devoted to taking care of my SIL after my bro. died 10 yrs. ago. She's been a faithful daughter & done the best she could do. May God richly bless her.

Time to get on with my day.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sunday Morning Greetings! :)

Good morning Joy and all who follow,

I was all ready to start piecing the valence but had been holding back as I knew I didn't have enough to make it full So I found an Ombre fabric at LQS that will be perfect. I've washed it already and will hopefully get this one done today. There was a sausage dinner at the gliding club so I drove out. There were about 30 people who stayed from the 3-4 clubs. DH is gone already. Although we've had rain, there may be a few good hours later. Our temp is supposed to be warmer this aft. Maybe I'll make some Sangria for later. Long weekend - VictorIa Day.

I woke up with a huge painful bruise on my leg, and remembered I walked into the corner of a table, so icing it. I'm still dragging my butt, so I will need to schedule do-nothing time. I need to rest and then this energizer bunny will be good to go.

Enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

3. Thanks sewbizzy, Claire Hallman, baslp thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It is suppose to be warm here. I will take it! Yesterday I wen5 to a quilt shop that is closing. I decided that I needed to get some solid fabric. It was a successful trip. I came home with 2 small bags full of fabric. Now I need to finish my Chutney quilt.
    I don’t have any set plans for today.

Suzanne— what is Victoria Day?
    Have a good day.
    Beth

5. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It is a gorgeous day here and I think I will head to Home Depot for a few plants and some pine straw. The concrete guys finished our little patio and it needs a flower or two to make it perfect.
    DH has gone to play golf so I can wander HD at my leisure.

7. Thanks toggpine thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Family gathering was a great success, no rain, really hot, pool was really cold (too cold to swim). DH had SIL's help move the totaled tractor up to the garage so he can rebuilt it. Children were all so gracious . 14 yr old GS made me a cake and 16 yr old GD made a Boston Cream pie. Both delicious. They are all growing so tall. All except baby 7 yr old are taller than I am.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. It has been a busy few days since returning from vacation on Wednesday. There was unpacking and laundry to do, grass to be tackled and plants to be moved outside, groceries to be gotten and meals planned and then a cousins wedding to go to yesterday. The wedding was fun. Good food, great music and visiting with family we haven't seen in a while. We will get to do it again in three weeks when another cousin gets married.

I did get some time in my sewing room yesterday too. Sure did miss sewing while I was away. I worked on finishing a small wall hanging that my bff and I did when I spent time with her in California and I worked on a SS gift.

Terry it sounds like you had a great get together. Joy, I will keep your niece in my prayers as she transitions into this new phase in her life. Suzanne, glad you found the perfect fabric for your valance. Clare, Have fun in Home Depot. Beth, two bags of new fabric! Wonderful.

I am not sure what is on the agenda for today except that I know hubby is cooking dinner. Enjoy your day everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

10. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Not much to report since I posted late yesterday. I did have dinner with a good friend last night. She is retiring in June, and she can't wait to get away from the drama at her office. I totally understand that feeling. Today will be a day of laundry (first load is in the dryer) and working on brother's quilt. I will need to take a break to try and clean the bug splats off my car. Hope you all have wonderful day.

Beth, I am not Suzanne, but thought I'd share with you what "Victoria Day" holiday is for in Canada.
    Victoria Day
    Federal Canadian Public Holiday
    Victoria Day is a federal Canadian public holiday celebrated on the second last Monday preceding May 25, in honour of Queen Victoria's birthday. As such, it is the Monday between the 18th to the 24th inclusive, and thus is always the penultimate Monday of May. The date is simultaneously that on which the current Canadian sovereign's official birthday is recognized…

12. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It seems as if I never make it in here anymore. I do pop in for a read, but don't always have time to post.

Sewing has been on hold except for the after school sewing lessons I do at work. There has been a lot of help needed getting through all of the reading and writing in 7th grade science and history.
    I miss my sewing room!
    It's kind of damp outside, so maybe I can sneak in there today after I run the vacuum and start the laundry. I'm afraid most of the time will be spent just clearing the table before I can work!

I hope you all have a productive day, even if that means recharging your batteries for the rest of the week!
    Hugs, Cathy
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

14. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, Anitamae56 thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Sunday!

It will be a warm day here, temps in the mid 80's with a chance of thunderstorms. I have the windows open to let the fresh air in. Temps will be dropping later this afternoon, down into the 60's.

My sister from Texas is visiting; she came up on Friday and goes home on Tuesday. Mom was good on Friday, she knew who E was. Mom got a little confused yesterday. I won't be going over the house today. My sister is visiting with long lost relatives on Dad's side, then going out to dinner with her friend from high school. I don't know what the plan is for tomorrow.

Mom's roofer called again, he wanted to to start work last week. I asked for a delay. They would have still been working while my sister is here. I don't know anyone who would schedule a roofer the same week they have company from out of town. He wasn't too happy about it, though.

Time to get lunch and run some errands...enjoy the rest of your weekend!

16. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon All,

It's been a busy day. Morgan worked last night, so Jim with kids in tow picked me up at 7. Practice at church was at 8, I kept the kids in the toddler room. Then Sunday School, I told the man leading that if I made faces, I wasn't being disrespectful but doing my PT since I hadn't done my first set of the day. Church was next then the Next Step Lunch. Here is is, 20 and I'm just getting home and time to do another round of PT.

Tomorrow Jim starts the first week of his summer government class. I guess I'll have all three kids for a bit while Nana and Nandy get back to town from going to their youngest granddaughter's high school graduation.

I've already planned the entree for family night dinner... chicken pot pie. I've already cooked the chicken, I just need to make the sauce and pick up some fresh veggies to go with it.

Terry, I'm so glad you had a nice BD celebration! I remember the days of never admitting the pool water was too cold... with blue lips and chattering teeth.

Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

18. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post