• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • threadbndr
    Batting Beauty
    • Jan 2017

WiP May 17 - 23, 2019

Gosh, this week just hurdled by. Busy with end of the school year things for both grandkids, end of the season for my bell choir at church, an annual filing at work and the annual membership renewals at quilt guild that I'm responsible for as treasurer.

Nuts, just nuts. And I'm on the outer background of my Carpenter's Wheel 24 inch block. I LOVE the way it looks.

Hope things are going well in your world!
  • DeniseSm
    Missouri Star
    • Nov 2013

Re: WiP May 17 - 23, 2019

I have started work on the River Rocks pattern by Sarah Maxwell. I actually have her Radiant Reflections pattern which has the same design in a different colorway and I am using pictures of the River Rock quilt and fabric from my stash to get close. So basically I have the right dimensions, and color wise I am winging it with what I have to work with. So far I am having lots of fun trying to find the right fabrics that are happy playing together with each other to make up the block. These are blocks 1B and 3A.
    100_5016.JPG

This week I will be traveling to Missouri Star for their Quilt Academy. This will be my first trip and hopefully not my last.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
      Missouri Star
      • Mar 2012

Quilted a baby quilt today to practice. I need to donate it, it was packed when I moved but it's a charity quilt.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Missouri Star
        • Aug 2015

Well I finally got to my sewing room last week and started quilting the ribbon star quilt. It was sandwiched but sat untouched for over 6 weeks. Wednesday I decided enough - no more intimidation. I started quilting SITD on the sashings and stars. By Thursday all that was left was the border, decided on swirly one & went for it. It was done in an hour. No more intimidation. I finished the binding Friday, and showed mom when I visited in the afternoon. Yeah.

image.jpg image.jpg

This week I hope to attack other sewing projects that have been in a queue. A valance for a relative, 4 bean bags, mending for my DD and my son brought me his work vest to add extra pocket on inside. I also hope to sew a portable ironing pad for VQC group. If I get half of these done, I will be happy and will then sandwich another UFO to quilt.

For this time of the year, it's very cool with off-on rainy days, so not much yardwork is getting done.

Denise - have fun at the Academy. Enjoy the shopping and activities. Look forward to hearing about it.
        Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          Missouri Star
          • Aug 2015

This was a long weekend here in Canada - no different than any other day when you're retired, but family don't call as they are away.

So I got to do all those 'other sewing projects' on my list. The valence for a relative, 4 bean bags, bag of mending for both my kids & GS, 4 more tea towels for xmas sale. I also cleaned up sewing room of sewing scraps from recent projects and put away recent purchases. It feels good. Tomorrow I hope to tackle some personalized children's pillowcases, and prepare the back for a quilt I made this winter.

image.jpg
          Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• MaryUK
            Missouri Star
            • Feb 2016

I've been making Linus quilts from donated fabric and my stash, but they have to go on the pile to quilt. My DGS goes for major surgery tomorrow on his foot - 4.5 hours in theatre!! That's a lot for a 15 year old to handle - he'll be non-weight bearing for 6 weeks then another small operation followed by 4 weeks in a walking cast. He was supposed to have it done 6 weeks ago but due to a mix up it was cancelled.

Consequently I've decided to clean the house top to bottom over the next few days to take my mind off his surgery and immediate recovery.

I'll post pics of the finished toppers in a few days.

Comment

• TMP
              Missouri Star
              • Apr 2014

I am ready to make something that is not from scraps or ugly material . I don't know what I want to make next. I just would like to make something planned . I made 8 charity quilts of the same pattern and I don't want to ever make another quilt using that pattern.
              I bought this book and a kit of the fabrics it calls for. I may start it.

Lori Holt.JPG
              Teresa
              Pelham, Alabama
              War Eagle!!!

Comment

• Claire Hallman
                Missouri Star
                • Jun 2011

There are several folks in my quild working on that one. We did a challenge of the Farm Girl several years ago and all the results were amazing. I expect the Christmas book will be just as great.
                Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• cv quilter
                  Missouri Star
                  • Feb 2015

There are several ladies working on swap blocks for Vintage Christmas on the other forum I belong to. They're adorable!
                  A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

• am2901
                    Quilting Royalty
                    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
                    Well I finally got to my sewing room last week and started quilting the ribbon star quilt. It was sandwiched but sat untouched for over 6 weeks. Wednesday I decided enough - no more intimidation. I started quilting SITD on the sashings and stars. By Thursday all that was left was the border, decided on swirly one & went for it. It was done in an hour. No more intimidation. I finished the binding Friday, and showed mom when I visited in the afternoon. Yeah.
                    SuzanneOrleansOntario, I love, love your ribbon quilt. So pretty.

Comment

Working...
                    X