• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scrapdot
    UN-Biased
    • Jan 2018

Pattern for Floral jelly rolls

I have this wonderful floral jelly roll ( violets, yellow flowers) but I am stumped which pattern would really showcase these great strips so I am looking for advice. Here is a photo showing it 0C8DDD44-6F48-44AB-B670-AFD5855930A1.jpg
    Sure hoping some one can help me and really appreciate your suggestions
  • KPH
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2015

Re: Pattern for Floral jelly rolls

There are so many to choose from...

Browse through hundreds of free, high-quality quilting tutorials to find the perfect project for you! Sort quilt videos by skill level, designer, and more!

Jenny's latest Turnabout Granny Square would be pretty. Star Patch, Ribbon Star,
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• am2901
      Quilting Royalty
      • Mar 2015

I would make a Fence Rail. It's a pattern that's been around for a long time, but I couldn't find a tutorial on MSQC for it. I did find a tutorial for a Diamond Fence Rail. If you omit the diamonds and the horizontal sashes, it would be a Fence Rail. (Don't be put-off by the dark quilt on the wall behind Jenny, because your florals would look totally different.) I actually made the pattern with the diamonds and sashes, and it was easy enough to make, but took longer than just a Fence Rail.

Comment

• Vonnie
        Missouri Star
        • Apr 2013

How about a butterfly quilt: https://quiltingtutorials.com/tutori...ilt-with-jenny
        Vonnie

Comment

• Chantal
          Prairie Pointer
          • Jul 2013

Maybe Jennys Quatrefoil quilt. The fabric you have looks similar to the fabric she used, Fresh Lilac I think it was called.

Comment

• MillieS
            Block Queen
            • Jan 2013

I made the Quatrefoil with similar colors and I think the green stood out. My husband said "Why did you make that pattern? You don 't even like green." So I'm thinking the green was popping for him too.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              Missouri Star
              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by MillieS View Post
              I made the Quatrefoil with similar colors and I think the green stood out. My husband said "Why did you make that pattern? You don 't even like green." So I'm thinking the green was popping for him too.
              I also made the Quatrefoil. Even though it calls for 5" squares, I simply sewed strips together, as the blocks are cut to 4 1/2". Similar colours.

image.jpg
              Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• am2901
                Quilting Royalty
                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by am2901 View Post
                I would make a Fence Rail. It's a pattern that's been around for a long time, but I couldn't find a tutorial on MSQC for it. I did find a tutorial for a Diamond Fence Rail. If you omit the diamonds and the horizontal sashes, it would be a Fence Rail. (Don't be put-off by the dark quilt on the wall behind Jenny, because your florals would look totally different.) I actually made the pattern with the diamonds and sashes, and it was easy enough to make, but took longer than just a Fence Rail.
                Additional info: The "Diamond Fence Rail" quilt has diamonds but not the horizontal sashes that I mentioned. There's a "Diamond Dash" quilt that has diamonds and horizontal sashes. Both patterns could be simplified as a Fence Rail quilt.

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2012

I love Irish Chain quilts, and have one on my bed right now using florals in that colorway. Remember "Lovely" from the 2013 Iron Quilter contest? I had so much of that fabric that I've made at least 4 bed size quilts using the purple/green colorway. It looks wonderful with a fresh cream fabric to set off the dark colors. I use Kona Snow for many of my background fabrics, it looks great with dark florals. I would definitely use lots of light fabrics in what ever pattern chosen.

Comment

• kensington
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jul 2012

I have to say... Jordan Fabrics posted a tutorial yesterday... and as soon as I saw it I thought of florals.

She called it Hexagon Pinwheels.... if you do a YouTube search it should come up. I didn't like it in the fabrics she used, but in the ones you have... AWESOME.

Here it is.

ENTER GIVEAWAY! https://jordanfabrics.com/pages/giveaway-1FREE pattern here: https://jordanfabrics.com/pages/free-patterns-thumbnailsEverything you need to m...

Comment

• Scrapdot
                      UN-Biased
                      • Jan 2018

Thanks so much for your ideas. I will have to pick now which pattern to use. ��

Comment

• Stitches23
                        Block Queen
                        • Nov 2016

Sorry, a late response, but maybe a fan quilt.

Comment

Working...
                        X