Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fudge it

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fudge it

dwil23 - I can relate. I enjoy trying to cut, seam, press and trim as accurately as I can, improving my craftsmanship as I learn from books and videos. I am lazy when it comes to borders...I know you're supposed to measure 3+ areas to get the average width and length, cut the borders to that length, pin and ease...but by the time I get there I am so ready to finish the top and move on to the next. I use the Jordan Fabric's method of sewing the borders on and then trimming the excess. As long as you are not stretching the quilt top or the border as you sew, in theory you should be fine. I've lucked out so far.

2. Thanks gmpintos thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Unicorn View Post
    dwil23 - I am lazy when it comes to borders...I know you're supposed to measure 3+ areas to get the average width and length, cut the borders to that length, pin and ease...but by the time I get there I am so ready to finish the top and move on to the next. I use the Jordan Fabric's method of sewing the borders on and then trimming the excess. As long as you are not stretching the quilt top or the border as you sew, in theory you should be fine. I've lucked out so far.
    I use the Bonnie Hunter (Quiltville.com) no measure method for borders. Lay the border strips across the middle of the quilt top lengthwise and crosswise, smooth out the quilt top and the border strips without stretching and cut the strips at both ends to match the length/width of the quilt top. So far, it's worked every time for me.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

4. Thanks gmpintos thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Amen to that. Lol
    Gary,

"No regrets, only learning opportunities."

6. Thanks gmpintos thanked for this post