Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thursday hellos!!

Good morning friends. I spent the day yesterday cutting up paper. Book of tickets all arranged in books of 6. It did take the better part of the day. There aren't enough so I have asked for more.

I have another work day booked for next week. The week is now full plus my stress test. And then, I am away at RETREAT!!!! I will really need it by then, lol. I need to start packing for that.

Not sure what today will bring yet. Hubby is going golfing today but I have offered to drive him to town and will pick him up later, in case he wanted to have a few drinks. I was thinking I would head up to Pembroke to go shopping. We shall see what he wants to do.

Have a wonderful day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday hellos!!

Good Morning...I have a very busy day today. It's Sugar's grooming day, which means two trips to Houston with quick stops at Dollar Tree and the Vet for meds for Dot. We are having guests for dinner tonight so I need to pull things together for that. I plan to bake an apple pie but I have to see how the rest of my day goes.

It's supposed to be in the high 60s today. We had to use the A/C yesterday for a few hours.

There are so few New Posts. Am I having computer issues or is everyone doing other things?

I hope everyone has a good Thursday. Hugs....
    Last edited by Bubby; May 16th, 2019 at 08:08 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all!

Monique, I’ll be praying for good results from all your tests.......hope the rest of your day goes well.
    So many here or their families need prayer.....

Yesterday I felt as if the phone was growing out of my ears. Never talked so much in one day! Whew! I was in total on the phone for over 3 hours, mostly with 3 people. I sure hope the thing is silent today! Not gonna hold my breath though....

Finally had a sunny morning, but rain came in the afternoon. Thankful it wasn’t a hard rain. Hoping to make it to my sewing room and do something today. Time will tell.

Frustrated. Placed an order of just 1 fat quarter bundle with M* Monday. It shipped same day.....but with fedex post. Yesterday it was in Indianapolis and said it would be delivered Monday......not good, but it got worse. Opened the tracking this am......now expected Tuesday. Wow, it’s not that far to Indianapolis.......I could drive and get it before Tuesday! I don’t “need” it, but still won’t spend extra for something I feel should be able to bet here within a few days, not over a week. I hope M* continues to address this issue and not give up.

Ok, rant over....sorry...

Hope everyone has a glorious day. Love and hugs to all!

Attachment 159067

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Monique and all who follow. Good luck with your stress test Monique - just having one is stressful for me - LOL, So nice of you to drive so DH can have a little fun with his buds.

I haven't been posting much lately. Just haven't felt up to chatting I guess. I finally started my radiation yesterday. I will be having 25 treatments - 1 every day, 5 days a week, for 5 weeks. I'm so relieved to finally get this ball rolling, but I'm afraid it's taking a bit of a toll on my mental state lately. It's just been on thing after another holding things up. I was supposed to start on Tuesday, but they called me just as I was getting in the car to tell me that Medtronic had cancelled and I couldn't start until they came to interrogate my pacemaker. I just sat in my car and cried. BUT - he made it there yesterday - got the pacemaker all checked out - and treatment was started. DH said he could notice a definite change in my spirits last night - guess I've been grouchier than I realized - LOL

I did manage to make an adorable diaper bag and baby quilt using some very ugly Harry Potter fabric. I'll try to post a picture when I get home from my treatment today.

Have a lovely day everyone

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Monique and those who follow.

I did my PT homework yesterday. Boy, am I sore. I'll take an advil before I go to PT this morning and get ready for more homework this afternoon. She asked if I'd tried sewing yet, I told her no. So today, I'll get to tell her that ripping fabric is a big No no. I can't push the burst of steam button on the iron. I probably shouldn't have tried the iron either, but the backing is on the small table topper and it's ready to put on the sewing table and my floor around my desk is pin and thread free. I'm hoping I will feel like quilting that today. We'll see. I may just want a nap!

Time to get Mike up so he'll be reasonably awake to take me to PT.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, Monique thanked for this post
    Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re

Quote Originally Posted by Carol336 View Post
    Good morning Monique and all who follow. Good luck with your stress test Monique - just having one is stressful for me - LOL, So nice of you to drive so DH can have a little fun with his buds.

I haven't been posting much lately. Just haven't felt up to chatting I guess. I finally started my radiation yesterday. I will be having 25 treatments - 1 every day, 5 days a week, for 5 weeks. I'm so relieved to finally get this ball rolling, but I'm afraid it's taking a bit of a toll on my mental state lately. It's just been on thing after another holding things up. I was supposed to start on Tuesday, but they called me just as I was getting in the car to tell me that Medtronic had cancelled and I couldn't start until they came to interrogate my pacemaker. I just sat in my car and cried. BUT - he made it there yesterday - got the pacemaker all checked out - and treatment was started. DH said he could notice a definite change in my spirits last night - guess I've been grouchier than I realized - LOL

I did manage to make an adorable diaper bag and baby quilt using some very ugly Harry Potter fabric. I'll try to post a picture when I get home from my treatment today.

Have a lovely day everyone
    My prayers are with you. My Mother had to go through similar treatments.

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

Carol, I will keep you in my prayers. Cancer treatments are difficult for sure. If I remember from my Mom's journey, radiation treatments make you tired.

Monique, I hope your get good test results.

Katrina, keep up the good work with your PT even though in the short term it's a "pain". I've had two broken ankles in the past, and I remember the homework well. I have metal parts in both ankles; it's amazing how the body adapts and heals given enough time.

Our warm weather has been blown away with more wind from the north. Yesterday was still nice, and it rained in the evening, which we needed. This morning I woke up to the furnace running, a gusty north wind, and temps in the 40's. (high of 50 today) I drove to Grand Forks yesterday for my hair appt., stopped at JoAnn's to get a mini scissors to keep at the sewing machine (where did the other one go?), and brought home KFC for hubby and Chick-fil-a for me....it's my new favorite fast food place.

Wishing all a blessed day,
    Jeanne

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. I plan on staying home today . I was on the run yesterday. I plan on spending some time outside with the dogs. It will be sunny again today. I received some fabric that I ordered from an Etsy seller and a quilt shop in NC. I ordered them on Saturday and received them in the mail yesterday. I may start cutting the pieces for my new quilt. I need a break from the Chutney quilt.
    Carol— glad to hear your treatment started yesterday. Delays are so frustrating. Hang in there.

Beth

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone!! I had a pretty busy day yesterday. It was Grandparent's Day for 2 of my granddaughters. Their school tried something new this year -- breakfast. That is fine but it started at 7:15 a.m. and the school is about an hour from my house. And I had to pick up the two girls at their house by about 7. So, I backed out of the garage about 6:12 (even the dog was cooperating for me) and I was on my way. Got to the end of my development and figured out I had not put my contact in my eye (I only wear one). Couldn't go back and disrupt the dog so I continued on. I just couldn't read the signs, but I knew where I was going. Oh, I forgot to mention, that I had gotten awake about 3 a.m., went to the bathroom but then couldn't get back to sleep so I was running on less than 4 hours sleep.

I make it up to my son's house in record time --- all green lights, no trains, etc.--- I was actually about 10 minutes early. I even got to see my oldest granddaughter right before she left for middle school -- yea!! Anyway, the two girls and I got ready to leave about 7. I said to my son that I go to the end of his road and at the stop sign turn right, go to the end of that road and turn left and that takes me right into New Bloomfield. He tells me that was right. As I am walking out the door, I am repeating in my head, turn right at the stop sign -- remember, I am working on less than 4 hours sleep. We get into my car, everyone is buckled up and off we go. I drive to the stop sign at the end of his road --- yea, you know where this is going --- we were talking and, yep, I turned left instead of right.

I travel down the road and come to an intersection. "Isn't that the road to Abi's school?" "Yes", said Caraline. Hmmm, I don't remember that from last year's trek to Grandparent's Day, but I continue on. Then I come into Landisburg. Now, I know I have not gone through there in other years. So I call my son, he questions where I am and says, "You turned left at the stop sign didn't you." Yes I did.

I turned around and headed back the way I had come. He said he would meet us and guide us through the country roads to get us to the school. As I am driving, he said "Don't you have GPS in your car?" "Yes, but I don't have the street address to put it in. When he meets up with us, he jumps in the front passenger seat and puts name of the school into the GPS --- didn't know you could do that, I have always used the address of places.

So anyway, we start out and we get to an intersection. He tells me to turn right and that will take me right into New Bloomfield and then turn at the correct street for the school. I do all that and we arrive at 7:32. Not bad. We park, get out and go into the school. I had to sign in, turn around and there is a line out into the hallway from the gym where they had tables set up. After waiting in line for almost 30 minutes, we finally make it to the food tables. They had mostly little mini muffins --- several kinds. We go through the line, I picked up a cinnamon mini muffin and a blueberry mini muffin and the girls picked up what they wanted. Each of us also picked a small bottle of water. Then, as we were making our way through the crowd to a table I could see that had 3 seats, my blueberry muffin rolled off my plate onto the floor!!! Caraline left first as the 4th grade was going on a field trip and I walked Paige out to the hallway about 10 minutes later and she was off to her classroom. All in all, it was a good Grandparent's Day --- even with all the problems.

When I got home, my son was there and had trimmed some branches off the oak tree in the front yard and a pine tree in the back. We took the branches up to the township refuse station and went back home. I had to get ready then because I had a dentist appt. at 11 a.m -- just a cleaning -- all went well. I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a couple of things. Bought a couple of scratch off lottery tickets while there. Guess what??? They were all losers!!!! What did I expect with the day I was having? Laid down for a bit in the afternoon, but couldn't fall asleep.

I was planning on going to my water aerobics class this morning at 9 a.m., but I did not wake up until about 8:15 this morning so I missed that. I have to call my brother and will go to his office this morning and then make my way to the vet's office for more flea and tick meds for the dog. Then I thought I just might go to a fabric shop that is about a half hours ride from there and then maybe I will go to the cemetery at Fort Indiantown Gap.

Have a great day!!

Nancy

17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,

It's still cool (40s), dreary days. Yesterday, I ran errands to Costco, groceries, and remembered to fill up with gas. I also went back out with DH to get beer. It's a long weekend for us -- but really when you're retired it's all a blurr. We tried an Italian beer at friends recently and it was really nice. Then I finished quilting the blocks of the Ribbon star. I want to do some FMQ or ruler work in the border & make binding.This is a quilt I made at an in-town retreat last Fall.

Today, my son is coming to dinner. I will cook salmon and make a strawberry and rhubarb pie. If I have time, I will get to the sewing room.

Monique - best of luck with your stress test. Have fun on your retreat.
    Carol - prayers sent your way that your treatments are not too stressful and not too exhausting. We certainly understand if you withdraw and don't feel chatty. This is a lot to process.
    Anita - I know what you mean about phone calls. This is probably one of the reasons I don't enjoy birthdays. I supposed I should be grateful that I have many friends who call and take me out for meals, but as I get older I would be just as happy to skip it.
    Katrina - keep up the PT. Good plan to keep brace - broken grandma.
    Barb - we are usually using a/c at this time of year, but our furnace is still running. Summer, where are you?

Have a wonderful day. Be safe, as water is creating havoc in many parts.
    Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; May 16th, 2019 at 10:54 AM.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.