Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday hellos!!

Nancy, you do need to stop at the fabric shop, a bit of retail therapy should get things back on track.

I plan on a bit of retail therapy myself. Today is my no hat [formerly red hat] lunch and since we are eating near a local mall I will do a little shopping, too. I need some cereal bowls, crazy I know but we like a certain shape and prefer white so the search is on. I may stop at the local quilt shop, too. Or maybe Hobby Lobby, ok wild woman, I know.

Thanks for the nice comments on my fmq. If you take a picture and/or look at it from a distance it is looking pretty good. We all need to quit looking at our work from 2 feet away and we would be lots happier with our skills.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've been under the weather lately...a nasty migraine that has lasted over a week while my nurse practioner tried again to come up with a treatment other than steroids. This time it was Nabumetone (an NSAID) which didn't work so now I'm on a tapering dose of prednisone. It's so debilitating and frustrating.
    So yesterday I finally felt well enough to get something done. Got the house picked up, went to my hair appt., then out to lunch with my former staff to celebrate Nurse's Week. It did my heart good to see them again and laugh so hard at the kinds of things nurses find funny. Then a quick stop at the fabric shop, picked up a frozen chicken pot pie and veg for supper and last stop at Petco for cat food.
    After supper I finished the blocks for the diamond rail fence quilt and got them all trimmed. I'm thinking of using some Grunge for the border.
    So today, chores finished, I'm headed to the store to return a mirror and a quick stop at the farmstand to check out perennials. Might grab some take-out lunch then head home. I've got a handrail to stain (remember my front hallway project?) and it has been sitting in the basement for weeks, out of sight-out of mind. I'd like to sew my blocks together and then I'm headed up to Boston to have dinner with DD who is here on business.
    I miss hearing from Terry. Prayers for all my quilty friends facing life's challenges. Hope it's a good day.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone. We are back from our 2 weeks in California. It was wonderful, exciting and very busy. In a nutshell, we arrived to a blackout in my sons neighborhood (someone hit a pole), went to see a friend of Steve and Ana perform at a local place (great evening), went to Yosemite for a couple days, went to Napa one day, got to spend time with my bff and since she had 2 embroidery machines, we each made a wall hanging for our sewing rooms (we thought it would be nice to have the same thing on the wall in each of our sewing rooms that we made together), helped Steve and Ana pack up their house and helped with the move, had an absolutely awesome time each day with Zeke (who melted my heart when we arrived and he was so excited to see us he kept pointing at each of us and saying to Steve and Ana "Look Oma! Look Charlie " and laughing and hugging us.) And while all that was such fun and so exciting, the biggest news we had was that Steve and Ana are expecting again!!!! Our new grandbaby is due on Thanksgiving Day. We are so blessed.

I took a sort of digital sabbatical while we were away and didn't go onto my tablet much at all. I need to catch up with what everyone here has been up to. And I am sure I missed some birthdays so belated birthday wishes to all who celebrated over the last 2 weeks.

Carol, I am glad you are finally starting your treatments and will keep you in my prayers. Katrina, I hope your PT goes well and the same for your stress test Monique.

I will catch up here over the next couple days. Prayers for all who need them. Have a good afternoon and evening everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Everybody ~ I'm late getting here today. It was DH's medical procedure morning, plus I had to make salads, do laundry, etc. I still have a to-do list that I'm working on.

No word from my niece in the past 24 hrs. Hopefully her aunt finally arrived ok from FL. She's my SIL's younger sister. The latest word was that no relatives were driving down from Mich. They will have their own memorial later in the summer. Sort of sad, but I guess that's the way it is. They will have many friends from church & the senior center to attend her service. Before her health worsened, my SIL went to the sr. ctr. every Mon. & played bingo with the group there. Yest. I sent e-m's to all my family & friends for whom I have addresses letting them know of my SIL's death. Mostly cousins who live from NY to CA. Family I haven't seen since a reunion years ago.

Whew - some unseasonably hot weather this week! It got up to 95 yest. We had the windows & doors open & the fans going. Our swamp cooler is not hooked up yet for the summer. We do not have central a/c. The house still was 80 deg. inside at bedtime; it was 72 outside. For the first time this year, I ran the fan in my BR all night. Partly cloudy today & mid-80's. Cooler temps. on the horizon. I do need to make an appt. for the swamp cooler hook-up for some time in the next 2 wks.

The heavy snowfall in the mts. this winter is making it difficult to clear the high mtn. passes & seasonal roads. E.g. Trail Ridge Rd. across the divide in Rocky Mountain National Park, usually is open by Memorial Day week end. Some areas will take longer due to avalanche damage, having to clear downed trees & debris.

I haven't made it to the sewing room for several days. Too many other things going on.

The hero of the STEM School shooting in Highlands Ranch recently was buried yest. The 18 y.o. shooter still is in jail w/o bond. The 16 y.o. is to be charged as an adult. He's also in jail w/o bond. Both are facing multiple charges.

I don't know how many follow Bonnie Hunter's blog, but I read it daily. I've been following the progress of the fixing up of Quiltville Inn, her travels, teaching work shops, etc. Everything is so lush & green in VA & NC. Her quote yest. is worth repeating:

Start by doing what's necessary,
    Then do what's possible,
    And suddenly you are doing the impossible. ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Have a great day!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Now that I have a bit more time, Jerrod update time.

He called and let me know... from taking corn starch every three hours all of his life to now... 5 grams of corn starch 1 time a day, just in the mornings and it's more of a just in case than necessity. His numbers are great, Dr. Weinstein is thrilled with and for patient #1 of the study!

His liver is well within normal ranges of size, too!

I don't know whose happier, him or me!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

6. Thanks chelea thanked for this post
    Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Still packing and getting ready to move. Moving date is 5/6 June. new location will be somewhere in Missouri. Most of my books have been packed, all of the blankets that I am not using are packed and so are the sheets for the bed. I used some towels as filler for boxes that had books in them, so they would not be crushed or to heavy to lift.
    My sewing machines were packed last week. This weekend my sewing table will come down, so it will be ready for the loaders to place in the truck. I will wait until much closer to the date of departure from Utah to take down my computer.
    The house has been listed for sale and showings will start next week. I know there are at least two different people who have expressed interest in seeing it.

Zeneta