Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Oliso iron

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oliso iron

I got a new iron a couple of weeks ago. Sometimes it turns on just fine other times it won't turn on at all. I used it
    yesterday and it worked fine. I turned it off, left it plugged in the outlet, did not empty the water-today I went to turn it on to use it again and it won't start. I turned it off again, unplugged it and tried to turn it on again and it still won't start. Is it defective or am I not doing something wrong.
    Thank you

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Oliso iron

Contact the manufacturer, especially since you just bought it! They should be able to help.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

3. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Return it and try a new one
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

If you contact the company, they are very good about returns and exchanges. Especially since you just purchased it recently. I've had to return one of mine but the company was great about replacing it, even though mine was out of warranty. I did it all through email.
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I would return it. I had my Oliso for over 5 years. I would even leave the water in the reservoir which they say not to do. I never turned mine off. I just unplugged it from the wall outlet.

Mine has finally given up, due my frequent tripping on the cord, which caused it to go flying on the cement-base floor. It continued to work despite my abuse, but now it has given up. I would get another, but first I will use my other 2 irons until they die.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
    I would return it. I had my Oliso for over 5 years. I would even leave the water in the reservoir which they say not to do. I never turned mine off. I just unplugged it from the wall outlet.

Mine has finally given up, due my frequent tripping on the cord, which caused it to go flying on the cement-base floor. It continued to work despite my abuse, but now it has given up. I would get another, but first I will use my other 2 irons until they die.
    Suzanne, I may have mentioned to you before that you can contact Oliso about your iron. I did it all through email. Mine was not working and out of warranty. I was able to return mine to them and get a brand new one for only $69.99. Well worth it!
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amartin24 View Post
    Suzanne, I may have mentioned to you before that you can contact Oliso about your iron. I did it all through email. Mine was not working and out of warranty. I was able to return mine to them and get a brand new one for only $69.99. Well worth it!
    I might just give it a try. I resisted putting it out in the trash yesterday.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Another posibility, the outlet could be faulty. I have one that tripped (or whatever they do) when I used the hairdrier in the bathroom. It would only work sometimes.
    Heather

11. Thanks ncgrammie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Oliso and never empty the water out of it. When my dog sent my iron flying on the hardwood floor and it broke, I contacted Oliso and they gave me a new one for a small amount of money. They are a great company.

Jeannette

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claudiaj View Post
    I got a new iron a couple of weeks ago. Sometimes it turns on just fine other times it won't turn on at all. I used it
    yesterday and it worked fine. I turned it off, left it plugged in the outlet, did not empty the water-today I went to turn it on to use it again and it won't start. I turned it off again, unplugged it and tried to turn it on again and it still won't start. Is it defective or am I not doing something wrong.
    Thank you
    Have you checked the fuse in the plug?

Don't have this particular iron - can't get them in England - but I never leave water in the reservoir due to a possible build up of limescale but, then, we live high on the Cotswold Hills renown for being what's known as a "hard water area" as our water feeds through lime rock. If you steam and find bits of white chalky sediment on the fabric then you live in this type of area. Don't know how that is in America.
    Last edited by NancyR; May 20th, 2019 at 07:11 AM.
    Life isn't measured by the breaths that you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

14. Thanks sydneybean thanked for this post