Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings!

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Greetings!

Good morning!

I'm new to the board, but not new to quilting. However, I had put my sewing machine away and it's not been used for a long time. In fact, when I went to look for it, it's been so long since I've used it, I realized it's been stolen out of my garage by the contractors that were working on my house last year around this time. (LONG STORY that I'll share sometime.) So - my new Brother is sitting in the box waiting for my not-so-nimble fingers to set it up and hit the power button on it this weekend with my newly purchased MSQ supplies that will arrive in the mail tomorrow. I'll pair those with the other items I've purchased from my recent trips to the stores I've made in preparation for my newfound need for creativity in my life.

My grandmother taught me to quilt when I was young. I don't remember a time when she didn't have at least one quilt going - often she had 2-3 in the works. She even had two machines up and running, one with dark thread and one with light so she didn't have to change the thread on the machines. The last quilt she made before she passed was given to the first great-grandchild, my daughter. For us, it is a priceless item and a cherished memory. I guess that gift, recently given when Lauryn graduated on May 3rd, has spurred my desire to start sewing again. My grandmother's legacy of leaving these gifts behind for her loved ones has made me feel that I want to do something similar. I don't know that I'll ever be able to make a quilt for every member of my family, or if my projects will ever be as numerous, or as large as hers, or have the same impact, but I certainly feel the need to get behind the machine again so I will.

Oh, and by the way, MSQ stock just upticked a few points...

Living in Las Vegas, when most people are enjoying summer outside, we are locked inside in the A/C because it's 120 outside and it's just too ****ed hot to be outside. This is when I'll accomplish the most. It's kind of a bummer really as this is the time when my kids are off from school and we can spend the most time together - they are restricted to inside as playground equipment will burn you and the sun will scorch the skin. We are taking a nice long vacation home to Maine for a while so that will be great for the family to get out of the desert (sadly, someone will house-sit and care for our dog because he doesn't travel well - no summer vacay for him). Lush green grass, tall trees and lots of lobstah will be enjoyed next month! Maine is also well known for many cute, fun quilting shops and I will be visiting as many as possible.

Have a great day all...sorry if my intro was too long. I guess I'm chatty this morning!
    Leisa

2. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Greetings!

Welcome from Colorado! Not 120 here, but a warm 93 deg. Post pics of what you make. Enjoy your new machine & adventure in quilting.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It wasn't too long. It just let us get to know you a little. Welcome and I hope you enjoy having us in your life.

My DH and I spend the winters near Yuma but we agree with you. The summers are no fun so we come home to Kansas. We are working on getting our house sold so we can be full time RVers.

So have you become best buddies with James, the guy from Jeopardy? Maybe he would buy you some material!

Remember, we are photo junkies here so show off your pretties, whether it's quilts, flowers in the yard, cute kids and animals. We like them all. Laura
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

welcome from Utah, soon to be Missouri...very soon as I am moving in the next three weeks.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from New Jersey! I love when newcomers tell us stories about themselves - it helps us to get to know you!
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from sunny Florida! Thank goodness for sea breezes! It's been in the 80s today, back to the 90s.
    tomorrow.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from NW Minnesota, where spring comes and goes, and we are anxious for some consistent warm weather.

Jeanne

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Leisa and welcome to the forum from Missouri. I lived in Las Vegas for 22 years. We first lived on Sunrise Mountain and later moved to Green Valley. We were there from 1969-1991. I love the four seasons but I also loved desert living and the gorgeous sunsets.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from central Wisconsin where today was perfect temp for me high of 73! Finally, spring has been rather elusive this year.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Leisa and welcome to the forum from Michigan. So happy you’ve joined us!

Attachment 159066