Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuesday hellos!!

Good morning friends. A busy busy day today.

Yesterday I did get the mini quilt finished for guild. That took pretty well all day to finish.

And so first thing this morning, I having my blood work done, then followed by xrays. I have not had coffee yet. I got my call yesterday that my colonoscopy will be scheduled, stress test is next week.

After the hospital, I will head to Renfrew and pick up some groceries and then head to guild.

Shortly I need to get ready to head out. Have a wonderful day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesday hellos!!

Good Morning.... I have a busy day, Maggie goes to the groomer, grocery shopping while I'm in Houston and then a return trip to pick her up. Jeff has a doctor appointment today and I will be going with him for that. I have leftovers for our dinner this evening. Thursday is Sugar's day at the groomer, so it's a busy week. Dottie goes for her spa day next week if she feels up to it.

Monique, good luck with your medical tests. Jeff will he having hernia surgery soon, followed by the big surgery of having his second hip replacement surgery.

Dashing off to get some chores done before I have to leave.

Have a great day everyone.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning!

So much going on. Busy, busy. Monique, I hope all your test results are good. Hope your day goes well.
    Barb, safe travels and I hope Jeff’s surgery’s will be successful. I’ll be praying for you both.

Guess we’re all busy. I managed to sew 1 block yesterday. Ah well, it’s be so hot before we know it and then I can stay inside sew more......we’ll, at least that’s the hope.

Hope everyone has a sunny and beautiful day.....even if it’s in your dreams!

Attachment 159049

6. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ We're getting much warmer weather this week. Yest. the high temp. was 92. I had all the windows & doors open. Even uncovered the fan & used it for the first time this season. It's supposed to be warm all week, till Fri. It seemed strange to have it so warm. I'm not really looking forward to the heat of the summer.

DH's crown seating appt. went well yest. He needs more dental work done. Next crown prep scheduled for the end of June. After lunch I mixed up my turkey patties. In the eve. I did the carrots & celery prep. for making chicken soup today, so I'll be in the kitchen all morning.

Tonight is guild. It's our annual tea & silent auction, which is a fund raiser for the guild. No more time now.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,

I had a good lunch with GFs yesterday. It was fun to catch up. Only one more birthday meal with my son on Thurs. it rained all night and sunny days we were expecting have turned to more rain, and still chilly. This is so unusual.

WARNING RANT - you can skip. I had to deal with the gutter people long distance yesterday. They called as I was leaving to say they were coming Monday instead. DH said he was ok with that. Then he texted saying they were substituting the downspouts with white ones. I blew a gasket. We particularly chose a colour to match the brick so it didn't stand out, especially since two of them are close to the front door. After much back & forth they got some. When I got home they had doubled up on one, but this is the problem area where we could have used more not less. DH hasn't been feeling good, so he didn't even go check. They will be back today to finish their job which I am not pleased with. I guess I will have to gear up for dispute resolution. I hate having to do this.

Cleaning lady is coming this aft, so I will get to play in sewing room. Tonight is guild meeting, but not enthused as its election night. I don't enjoy those meetings, especially since they are still short of people. I was approached, but I know there is a huge time commitment, and I need to do less not more in my days.

I hope everyone get good results from medical tests and recover quickly from surgeries. Enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Little kiddies will be here in a little while. Not sure when they're leaving, but I have my PT session at 1. Mike noted that my wrist is moving further than it was last week, so there is that to be thankful for. The bonus for going is a great little steamer restaurant, that picks up fresh seafood from the market and has it ready to go home and heat up or they'll heat it up for you.

Well, time to get the breakables out of the kiddies reach.

Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I have some great news - DGD Mary in CA gave birth yesterday to A GIRL!!!! After 8 great grandsons it will be nice to make her a sweet pastel quilt. No name as of yet as Mary and her DH took ages to name their sons Caspian and Tristan. DS#1, the baby's grandmother, said he wonders what name they'll come up with, We're just so happy baby and mom made it through the home delivery and are doing great.

Mother's Day went sort of well, all 3 sons were here as DS#3 flew in from CA as a surprise. Our brunch went well even though I had to replace the baked brunch casseroles I planned to make with some subs and salads, I just ran out of steam. DIL didn't like the tablecloth I choose as she noticed it had a tea stain on it, I kept on the table as the stain was very light and it was too much trouble to remove all the dishes, etc. Must have really bothered her as she emailed me last night as she ordered me a tablecloth from Amazon. Debating whether or not to tell her to cancel order as I have plenty of tablecloths or just forget it. She's really been pushing it the past year or so, think she's worried with DH and my's aging problems we're thinking of moving in with them. Never entered our minds as we'd get help and live in our home or move to some resident care place.
    Last edited by MissMay in Jersey; May 14th, 2019 at 10:18 AM.

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, MSN, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,
    It's been a while since I've posted in the morning thread, mainly as there is nothing new and exciting happening. I am happy to say my health issues have been mostly resolved and I'm back to feeling like myself again.

Our weather has been up and down, one or two days sunny and then rain and more rain. Not sure what today will bring, looks like it wants to clear up
    I've actually been in my sewing room and working on a few blocks of a paper pieced project, a scrappy civil war type quilt. I'm trying to use up scraps from my stash. I have mainly blues, greens, browns and reds so I will have to purchase some other fabric's for some color variety.

Suzanne, I love the planning stages of a home improvement and the finished product but the in between stage is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get work wise. Hard to find good reliable contractors. Hope you get your issues resolved to your satisfaction.

Well, must get a move on with my day, wishing all a good one.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Blues, greens, browns and red sound like a gorgeous quilt, maybe just some cream for a background and you have it.
    Our contractor finally showed up yesterday and our wobbly paver patio is now concrete. I know it was a job since they had to mix the concrete in a bucket and it is not finished, there will be tile laid on top. Finding tile to match after several years might be a challange. I told the guy I was a quilter so mixing in some different tiles wouldn't be a problem.
    I made progress on my huge carpenters wheel on the sit down long arm. We seemed very in tune and things wnt pretty smoothly.
    I am ready to do some more but exercise class comes first.
    I liked the Donna Jordan quilt video today, looks nice in neutrals but I did like the picture on the pattern with more color better.

17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissMay in Jersey View Post
    I have some great news - DGD Mary in CA gave birth yesterday to A GIRL!!!! After 8 great grandsons it will be nice to make her a sweet pastel quilt. No name as of yet as Mary and her DH took ages to name their sons Caspian and Tristan. DS#1, the baby's grandmother, said he wonders what name they'll come up with, We're just so happy baby and mom made it through the home delivery and are doing great.

Mother's Day went sort of well, all 3 sons were here as DS#3 flew in from CA as a surprise. Our brunch went well even though I had to replace the baked brunch casseroles I planned to make with some subs and salads, I just ran out of steam. DIL didn't like the tablecloth I choose as she noticed it had a tea stain on it, I kept on the table as the stain was very light and it was too much trouble to remove all the dishes, etc. Must have really bothered her as she emailed me last night as she ordered me a tablecloth from Amazon. Debating whether or not to tell her to cancel order as I have plenty of tablecloths or just forget it. She's really been pushing it the past year or so, think she's worried with DH and my's aging problems we're thinking of moving in with them. Never entered our minds as we'd get help and live in our home or move to some resident care place.
    Sorry I made a typing error, DS#1 is the new baby's grandfather, the grandmother, DS#1's wife passed away about 5 years ago but I know she would have been so thrilled to welcome another grandchild.

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post