Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now óoró

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help Understand Pattern

Has anyone made Lisa the Unicorn pattern by Elizabeth Hartman? Iím having trouble understanding how to piece the horn. I cut all my horns right side up and it doesnít seem too look quite right so was I supposed to cut them wrong side up? Where do I line it up to BB-R to sew it on?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AA604AFA-488B-4552-A9E2-D26B40AA0F29.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	159026   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	78928BBC-DE57-450D-AD74-25476C545592.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	159027   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24519A3D-ADE6-426A-9E7F-58B95518AF3B.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	159025  

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help Understand Pattern

I do not have this pattern, so my comments are based solely on your photos. I do think your piece is cut correctly. The drawing in the pattern shows the piece after sewing the seam and opening it up. As for where to place it on BB-R, the pattern says to center it. Fold the angled edge of BB-R in half, wrong sides together, being careful to not stretch the bias edge. Pinch the fabric between your fingers to mark the center point. Do the same for the edge of the horn that does not have the arrow, except fold this piece right sides together. When you open the pieces up, you will have a little tent where the pinch marks are. Right sides together, place the horn over BB-R, nestling the pinch marks right over one another. Hope this makes sense.

3. Thanks Longstocking thanked for this post