Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday Greetings! Happy Mother's Day!

Good Morning ~ I'm very frustrated with Hotmail/Outlook. I can receive e-m's, but can't send & the names won't load in the "to" box from my address book. I hope they get things fixed soon. Anyone else having problems?

Yest. was a busy day. In the morning I did laundry & house cleaning. My son came by & brought me roses & a card, then we went to lunch together. He's shopping for a used vehicle, either a small SUV or pick-up, so he was going to browse the lots here. His first week on the new job was busy but good.

After I got home from lunch, it had warmed up enough in the garage to defrost the freezer. I was done by 4:30. Glad to have that done.

I play the organ for church today. I have some Mother's Day music picked out.

No more time now. Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sunday Greetings! Happy Mother's Day!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heart.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	159004

Good Morning and Happy Mother's Day to everyone. Joy, it's great you got to spend time with your son yesterday.

We have a problem at the apartments and Jeff has to go there to fix things and take a new appliance. I guess I will sew...how bad is that! This may be the day I sew the labels on the wedding quilts. Then I will check for stray threads and give them a good going over with the lint roller and wrap them in tissue until it's time for them to go to their new home.

No other news from here. Have a great day friends!

3. Thanks baslp, sewbizzy, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning and Happy Mother's Day to all!

It is a time of reflection for our special days with our Mom's today. I'm having breakfast later this morning with DD and Gson. Then it's a quick trip to grocery store so I can make chicken pot pies later for the week.

5. Thanks baslp, sewbizzy, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

Happy Mother's Day! I'll be spending my day at work (JoAnns) but that's ok. I had the day off last year, so it's my turn, and one of the other moms can enjoy the day with family. It will probably be somewhat quiet at the store.

I gave in to the Daily Deal this morning! I've been looking at that fabric for a week or so, and couldn't pass it up when it went on sale. Of course I had to order some yardage too!

I hope everyone enjoys the day. I'll be thinking about my mom in heaven these past 13 years.

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, sewbizzy, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,

I went to a local quilt show and shop with a GF yesterday. It wasn't big but the quilts were very nice, a lot of them were hand quilted. I picked up the Lori Holt silicone iron pad. Now that my Oliso has died, I've gone back to using my orevious iron and guess what? I burnt my ironing pad cover since I forgot to tip it up. I also checked out the Gammill long arm. It's very smooth. DH will be going to Quilt Canada in June as its held here. I was told there are 170 vendors. I may have to buy a multi-day pass.

We are going to DD before we all head out to reataurant. We will exchange gifts as it was also GS birthday yesterday. Can't believe Max is 6. My DS is working today but we talked. I will go see my mom later this aft.

Wishing all mothers a joyful day, whether shared in person or across the miles.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

9. Thanks baslp, sewbizzy, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Name:	hqdefault.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	159005

And for those whose Mothers are no longer with us:

Name:	index.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	159006

And for those without children, this one is for you. Make this day special for you!!

Name:	1 _h9YTEhPy2BcxgtKoA5tJg.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	159007
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, sewbizzy thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning and Happy Mother’s Day. We have March temps and rain. I guess we will be grilling in the rain. I plan on sewing some more blocks. I would like to go to Barnes and Nobel to look at their quilt magazines. The closest one is 25 min away. I may save that outing for Monday. I will need to get out of the house.

Beth

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, sewbizzy, Monique thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Surprise call from DS#3 this morning, he's in Atlanta and will be here this afternoon so all 3 sons will be here for Mother's Day lunch. Not feeling well this am and DH said to scrap my plans to cook lunch for all of us, sons including DIL, DGD her DH and son, and order some food delivered. Sounds good to me. Enjoy your day gals!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Mother's Day to all my quilty friends.
    Sorry you are under the weather May, and anyone else that is feeling poorly.
    It rained here this morning so DH did not go golfing, he has fixed me coffee this morning, nice.
    I need to bring some order back to my sewing room, it is a mess and with a batting draped across the table [I need to finish sewing together] it is hard to find a place to put anything. Maybe I can get that done today.
    My DS sent me flowers, texted then called yesterday. We will see him and his family tomorrow for dgs birthday party so today is mine.

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, sewbizzy, Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Mother's Day to all.

I tend to lurk in the background and read and learn about the answers to questions about quilting. My lurking also includes joining some of the exchanges, which I feel are fun and enjoyable.
    This month I am busy packing for a move. The move should be complete by 15 June. I will be moving to Missouri from Utah. I have already packed my sewing machines. They will be among the first things to be unpacked.

My younger daughter fixed me breakfast this morning. It was very good.