Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pressing Question

Hello! I've had a wool pressing mat beside my machine for about 3 months now, and I love it. I use it for small units and blocks such as the Splendid Sampler 2 which I am doing as well as for foundation paper piecing. It really saves time and I love the results I get! One big caution I was told before I bought is that the New Zealand wool mats are preferable because there is less sheepy odor with them. I did get a New Zealand wool mat and it doesn't smell. I use my mat to dry press. Only rarely do I use a spritz of water.

2. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Unicorn View Post
    I have and use both. I lucked out and found a tip here to buy a wool saddle pad liner from an online tack store. Love the results pressing on a wool mat, but the ones marketed to quilters are hideously overpriced in my opinion.
    I ordered one of the wool saddle pad liners last week and I love it! It's 30" square, fits perfectly on the table beside my sewing machine, and the price can't be beat. It really makes a difference when pressing blocks. I waited to order because it was out of stock for awhile. I think there may be more quilters than horse orders ordering these. LOL!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I use one of these with baking parchment folded over when using fusibles.
    before getting I was using folded towels, on a tiled surface.

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

I just purchase a wool pressing mat that is just perfect! I found this quilting blog Sewn Up which is awesome! Teresa has a huge following and some great tool recommendations.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a little tip for ya. I used to have a dog, and have a short handled hold in your hand brush for getting pet hair off clothing, furniture etc. It is not sticky like a lint roller. No bristles, just all these little rubber nubs. It was great for getting dog hair off the mats in the car. Well I discovered it is fantastic for getting all the stray threads off my wool pressing mat, and works like a charm on my cutting mat too.

7. Thanks 201 Treadler, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Pressing Question

I would not pay full price for one.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Gifts for horse lovers
    https://horses-store.com/
    Horse Rings exclusive horses store collection of ring gift ideas for horse lovers and enthusiasts
    https://horses-store.com/collections/rings