• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • threadbndr
    Batting Beauty
    • Jan 2017

WiP May 10 - 16, 2019

Whooshhhhh That's the sound of Friday flying right by me. No particular reason, just the usual business and busy-ness.

I'm still working on the hand piecing on my last block for "It was the 80s" It's a 24 x 24 inch carpenter's wheel. ALL the Y seams, my people, all of them.......

How are things going in your world?
  • DeniseSm
    Missouri Star
    • Nov 2013

Re: WiP May 10 - 16, 2019

Happy to report there are currently no Y seams in my quilting world.

I finished fusing the last three Enchanted Garden blocks and am busy stitching all the applique down. The machine applique is going better than I expected. I tried it without any stabilizer and the distortion was very minimal. A few more days and I will finish up.

Counting down. One week and two days to my very first Missouri Star Quilt Academy. Oh boy.

Continuing the house renovation. I got the next light fixture replaced. It looked so cute on the box, but not so cute when installed. (although definitely better than the hideous industrial florescent light strip that I replaced.) Haven't decided whether to keep it yet or try to find something else.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      Missouri Star
      • Aug 2015

It's been a week of cold, wet and windy weather. Now starting to warm up and my tulips are starting to open. Unfortunately not much sewing due to busy week but I have been to another quilt show in town and a few LQS. I picked up another block for the Stonehenge challenge quilt and more William Morris fabric. I think I have enough now to start planning a quilt.

Denise, one of the vendors at the quilt show had the finished quilt and enchanted Garden kits for sale. She added some Swarovski bling to it. It's beautiful. I have many of the fabrics but I will make another of the Jason Yenter patterns.
      Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Claire Hallman
        Missouri Star
        • Jun 2011

Had fun today at sit and sew, I finished the X blocks 57923052812__6420BA47-27F5-45D5-B2ED-67BE1E7187C8.JPGbut they are third in line to be made into a top.
        I have finished a huge 99x116" top and the 3 yards of wide back I bought a while back for this quilt is not big enough. I will just have to piece the back which I was trying to avoid. I hadn't a clue it would end up this large. IMG_0697.JPG

I also have about half my blocks done for another top which comes next, then there is the one from the two weeks ago video that is cut.....never enough time.
        My DH is going to play golf tomorrow so perhaps I can get that back pieced if nothing else.
        Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• threadbndr
          Batting Beauty
          • Jan 2017

Speaking of Carpenter's Wheels - wow!!! Yours are the half square triangle version, right? Mine are the classic equilateral diamonds. I'll bet yours weren't half this much of a pain to piece LOL.

Comment

• Claire Hallman
            Missouri Star
            • Jun 2011

Yes, it is hst, thousands of them it seems. I managed to get it pin basted yesterday and now I am trying to decide how to quilt it. I would love feathers all over it but I know my limitations. I marked a feather stencil yesterday with blue chalk but it is difficult to see on the prints. I may just have to brush it off and figure out a free hand method. I saw something in a magazine that looks good, a swirl with a few feather fronds on the outside curve, I might can do that with a little practice.IMG_0714.JPG
            Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• threadbndr
              Batting Beauty
              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Claire Hallman View Post
              a swirl with a few feather fronds on the outside curve, I might can do that with a little practice.
              That's going to be lovely. I'm going have my sampler quilt long armed with some type of stars design since this one has lots of star blocks in it.

Comment

Working...
              X