Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prairie Pointer

I'm lucky enough to live in both DeLand, Florida and Waymart, Pennslyvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sale at Joann's Fabric store... Love their coupons!

Joann's sometimes has great coupons, the last one I couldn't resist was 80% off.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sale at joann's 1.pdf 
Views:	33 
Size:	230.5 KB 
ID:	158956
    Last edited by Fran & Kisses; May 8th, 2019 at 04:06 PM.

2. Thanks giig21, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Caroline T., KPH thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sale at Joann's Fabric store... Love their coupons!

Wow, what a stash you must have.
    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
    Aesop

4. Thanks Fran & Kisses thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Not me! I can never use them bc items I need are always marked down (not really marked down very much either). Also the last 3-4 times I was there I got hung up in the ONE checkout lane open because people had coupons somewhere on their smartphone and the cashier had to scroll through the customers emails and such to locate them. That really holds the line up and makes me kind of crazy when it keeps happening over and over.

6. Thanks sydneybean thanked for this post
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I heard that they are going to stop carrying my favorite batting, Warm and Natural/white. Told that they will be going to the Pellon line only. I ended up getting a large amount of 123" wide Warm & Natural last night.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjkaiser View Post
    I got hung up in the ONE checkout lane open because people had coupons somewhere on their smartphone and the cashier had to scroll through the customers emails and such to locate them. That really holds the line up and makes me kind of crazy when it keeps happening over and over.
    Yes! Add to that when customers want to argue over a coupon because they didn't read the fine print (or read it at all), or some sale or coupon isn't working because the company didn't program it right in the registers. There's hardly ever a simple transaction at Joann unless you're super familiar with the nuances of their sales and coupons.

There are some good deals to be had - the flash sales and coupons can be pretty good, but you still have to comparison shop. So many items are marked up double that even a 60% coupon means you're only really saving 10% off what it goes for everywhere else.

Trudy - I heard about Warm and Natural, too. I snagged some batting while it was a good price. The W&N shelves were starting to look pretty thinned out.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Love your illustration, Fran!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

What is the quality of the fabric JoAnns carries ?
    Does it compare to quilt shop quality?
    I usually order my fabric online from
    Fatquartershop. I’m on their newsletter and
    received notice of May sales. They have fabric
    on sale 20%\30%\40%\50% off.
    The store is in Texas, I’m in Missouri
    and I received my order in 5 days.
    The fabric was good quality quilting fabric.
    They had a lot of children’s prints on sale.
    Happy Quilting.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I Love Joann's coupons and use them all the time - many times multiple coupons at once. I don't buy fabric from there hardly ever because I don't think it is great quality. They do have a nicer line of quilting fabric but a lot of it is $14.99/yd regular price! My daughter makes fleece cage liners for her guinea pigs so I buy a lot of fleece there. I also nab a lot of fat quarters when they are on sale (latest was 99 cents each). We use these for charity kennel liners. I also use the coupons for threads and notions, spray basting, etc. I never walk in without coupons and I'm prepared before checking out. I did the same with the batting last year and bought a huge amount of the very wide warm & natural. I still have a lot left. So, in a nutshell, I prefer Quilt shop fabric for quilts but do use Joann's all the time for the other things I need to support my hobby.
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Bernina 2, I work at JoAnns, so I can give you some insight. They carry 3 different "lines" of quilting fabric. The least expensive is Quilter's Showcase, the second one is Keepsake, and the third (and most expensive) is the Premium line. This one is comparable to quilt shop fabric in quality and price. The novelty fabrics are also very good quality. At our store, I would say we sell more of the Keepsake fabrics. Unicorn, I have to disagree with you about the prices being twice as high as other places, but I do agree that customers don't read the coupons carefully, and it can cause issues in the checkout line. Also, so many people don't know how to use their phones, so they just hand them over to the Team Member. Believe me, I know how to work any phone out there...I've had to! It's often quicker for the Team Member to find the coupons than for the customer to hold up everyone while they're trying to figure out their phones. Unfortunately, many many businesses are going away from paper coupons, and so we're stuck with the electronic ones. Personally, I would do a lot of things differently at JoAnns, but it is a corporate chain, so we are tied to their policies and restrictions. At our store, we have many repeat customers, and they tell us we are very friendly and helpful, and we try to get them the best discounts possible.

13. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

About the only thing I buy at JoAnn's on a regular basis is Mary Ellen's Best Press when I have a coupon to get it cheap. I recently ordered a big container of it from Amazon that will last me a good while. I have bought an entire bolt of Kona with a coupon at a good price also. I also think they need to have more than one person checking people out.