Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Tuesday hellos!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuesday hellos!

Good morning dear friends. It was another beautiful day yesterday. I spent most of the morning doing outside work. I got my flower bed cleaned up and brought out some decorations. The hummingbird feeders are out although I have yet to see one. I was way back on the property and found 3 small bottles intact. One is Minard's Linament, one is wildroot and I am not sure what the other is. Got them cleaned up. They are really old.

Hubby is going golfing with a gang today. I have a meeting this evening so I will drop him off and we will meet up again after my meeting.

Not sure what today will bring yet.

Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, KPH, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesday hellos!

Good morning to all!

I had a family member that collected bottles. They had to really old and rare ones. Their son sold them all after they died.....he was into drugs and wanted the $....sad. So happy you’re having some good weather! Hope you have a great day.

Cut some more of the lawn, still couldn’t do it all.....way to wet. Then it rained and the sun cam out! Unexpected, but turned into a nice evening. Then it started to rain overnight and now it’s pouring. Ah well, got some of the forest cut.

Never made it into my sewing room......was way to busy with yard work and chores.

Hope everyone has a blessed day. Love and hugs.

Attachment 158943

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning!

I just watched the video of Prince Harry announcing the arrival of his son. He truly is over the moon! What a joy to see.

My window saga is almost over! The windows are done, but I'm still writing the BBB and the construction licensing agency, and the company that makes the windows. I've been so impressed by the windows with the sound lowering, and energy savings, but I certainly haven't been impressed y the company I bought them from!

Little kiddies will be here soon, just 2 more sleeps in this cast!

Have a wonderful day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning...It's rain, rain and more rain here. While I would prefer sunshine, the pollen is so heavy we need the rain to wash some of it off the trees. The pups are Dot are yellow every time they come indoors....a real mess.

The binding on the brides quilt is almost done...yay! I will post pics of both quilts soon.

Yesterday I cleaned out my clothes closet and took four bags of things to the community center. We don't have a proper linen closet in this house so a lot of extras find a home in my closet. Maybe I made room for a little more fabric!

Things are getting hectic here so I will check in later, weather permitting.

Have a great day everyone....

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. We had a sunny and warm day yesterday. Hopefully we will have a repeat today. I go tutor this morning. A friend let me know that 2 quilt stores are closing in our area. I should go and buy more blender fabric. Not sure if I want to drive an hour and fight traffic.

Have a good day.
    Beth

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ Cloudy with light rain this morning. Yest. it was mostly sunny & 78 deg. The lawn service came at 5 p.m. yest. & mowed our lawn, for which I was glad. Our usual day is Tues.; they couldn't mow last week due to 4" of snow. I was glad they got it mowed before more rain. Wish I could have put down fertilizer before the rain, but it can wait for another day.

The new crown is feeling ok. After the dental appt., I stopped at the groc. & bought salmon & some groc. At $8.99/lb., the 3 large filets of salmon added up in a hurry. But DH eats it every day for lunch. I cut it up into 1 serving portions & freeze it up. It made enough for almost 2 mos. In the evening, I finished up a good book by Angela Hunt that I couldn't put down.

In the afternoon, I talked with a gal from my church who recently was in the ER with a blood sugar level of almost 460! Yikes! Her most recent A1C was 14. I shared some tips for diet/food choices. Since I'm a retired nurse & also have Type 2 diabetes, I was able to help her. I plan to copy some of my literature to give to her. The clinic where she goes no longer has a diabetic educator. I don't get that at all. Considering how little her fam. practice dr. has helped her, I think she needs to change drs. Even some of these drs. don't "get it."

Monique ~ My first husb. was a carpenter & one of their jobs was raising an old bldg. & putting a foundation under it. He discovered all kinds of old bottles in the dirt. I still have them on display. I recently saw on the internet that some of those old bottles now are worth some money. I've never had mine appraised.

I'm really hoping to get started on the FMQ quilting today.

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,

Another sunny day and warm. It's amazing how much the weather affects people's mood. I've noticed that people are smiling more, in stores, on the street. It truly does affect us. Yesterday I delivered a VQC quilt and had our meeting. There were only 2 sewing, but 8 women tying the quilts. I was pressing and cutting blocks, but clearly could have brought my sewing machine. I then delivered 5-6 finished quilts to area coordinator. I also dropped off some toys at my DD for a school fundraiser.

I've got load of laundry going, will pay bills, run errands and go see my mom. I might work outdoors, or sew, not sure what I will do.

Enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

Well, the kiddos' parents are home, and Grandma's Daycare is shut down for a while. Uffda!

It's sunny but still cold here. Spring, where are you hiding? When I was teaching, the staff used to wish for a cold May, because it made it easier to keep the students focused, and they didn't stay out playing in the evening. A beautiful May always made that last month of school a battleground! Sometimes my students and I would just HAVE to go out in the sun, sit in the grass, and bring our books along to read.

Today's mission is to shop for my GD's 10th birthday gift. She's been wanting a canopy over her bed. I found one at Bed, Bath and Beyond last night online, and I reserved it, so just have to pick it up. She and her older brother have a piano recital this evening, then we'll go to their house for dessert and she 'll open her gifts.

Blessings,
    Jeanne

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Finally made some good progress on the baby quilt for DH's niece. Had a friend recovering from a migraine/high blood pressure/mini stroke that kept her on the short term disability . She called EVERY day...sometimes 2-3 times. She's the one that thinks when I buy fabric from estate sales that I'm supposed to split it with her!. Still not sure she's joking or really serious. I consider myself to be a generous person but no to that extent. Anyway, since friend has now gone back to work I may just get something done. Getting antsy to get outside!

Hope all is well or soon to be. Stay dry, stay safe & be good to each other.

Gina

17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Today's mission is to shop for my GD's 10th birthday gift. She's been wanting a canopy over her bed. I found one at Bed, Bath and Beyond last night online, and I reserved it, so just have to pick it up. She and her older brother have a piano recital this evening, then we'll go to their house for dessert and she 'll open her gifts.

Oh Jeanne such memories this brought back! I slept in a canopy bed growing up. When we got married my dh was still in college, with law school to follow. We were poor and living paycheck to paycheck, did not even have a car. My parents let us have my old bed, and yes my husband slept in a white canopy bed with white lace canopy for the first 12 years of our marriage. His friends teased him about it constantly. I almost forgot all about that until I read your post!

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post