Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monday Monday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday Monday

Good morning friends. I hope you all had a lovely weekend. I did. Weather wise, this is the weather we have been waiting a long time for. Warm temperatures and lovely sunshine. Saturday was the Annual golf at our friend's house (not your typical golf). We had a lot of fun. My nose got badly burnt with the sun but I didn't realize it until the next morning. I would give Rudolph a run for his money, haha.

Yesterday was another beautiful day. Outside work was the order of the day. When it is this nice, I hate to be inside. We put up a new snow fence between us and the hotel next door. Raking was also done. Bed sheets washed and dried outside. I had a new bird at the feeder, a red breasted grosbeak. I love all the different birds that are coming. I usually stop feeding them by now but I will continue for a while yet.

Today will be another warm day. I am hoping to get out and wash some outside windows as they are filthy. Maybe a few more odd jobs that need to be taken care of.

I will enjoy this day as best as I can. Wishing you all a grand day as well.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Monday Monday

Good morning to all!

It’s so gooooood to be back.....I sure missed y’all!

Monique, sounds like a wonderful weekend for you. Really happy your weather is on an upward trend

Well life is always interesting.....never boring......for very long. DH is back to work, but there are scheduled (hopefully no unscheduled) lay offs throughout the year. A long stretch (3 weeks June/July).....sigh.....and more interesting things coming down the pike for his job. He’s considering retiring early.......not sure how that’ll work.

We’ve had so much rain I seriously thought we should spend some time building an ark! Thankfully we’ve had 2 days in a row with no rain. It’s to rain today. Sad, cause our backyard still has standing water. Makes it real hard to mow. DH was only able to cut a few feet back from the house......and we have a deep yard.

Managed to sew (well slice and dice mostly) while it rained. I need to finish up this donation quilt and then try and machine quilt the 2 on my DM. Something I’m not proficient at. One need to be completed before August and the other in September.

Well, I need to see all that I’ve missed.....saw that Joan had passed.....my heart aches for her family. Prayers for them.

Hope everyone is well and happy. Have a blessed day......love and hugs.

Attachment 158921

4. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

HOORAY!! Anita is back. Glad you are back, you were missed a lot.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

6. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Monique, I have nose prints on the storm door and sliding glass doors, and they don't all belong to Pepper. Hopefully, Thursday I'll be able to get them cleaned.

Does anybody know anything about aloe vera plants. Mine is getting rather stemmy and looks droopy. I may need to repot it or stick it outside.

Little kiddos will be here today. Dinner tonight. Morgan's other grandparents are coming in today for a visit. I'm sure she'll want the kids to see them sometime, she works through Wed. Jim's going to be busy!

Have a creative day.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

8. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monique View Post
    HOORAY!! Anita is back. Glad you are back, you were missed a lot.
    Yes, Anita, you were certainly missed. Welcome back!

10. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,

Monique, please send some of that warm weather south to Minnesota! We've been in such a cloudy and cold cycle for the last week and a half. Yesterday was also windy, so DH couldn't get any yard work done. He's been wanting to rake all the leftovers from fall and winter.

The GKs went home with their aunt last evening, but they'll be back here after school. Their parents aren't sure when they'll be home tonight, so I'll probably take the kiddos to their house and get them ready for bed. I was sure tired out by the time they left yesterday. I went to bed shortly after 90 and slept like a log!

I'm not sure what the day will bring, but right now I'm needing more coffee.

Blessings,
    Jeanne

12. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ Yes, we're having beautiful weather, too. It briefly made it up to 88 deg. yest., but mostly is was in the lower 80's By evening, the house really warmed up. I had the windows open till bedtime. Today will be the last nice day till the week-end. Chance of rain & even mixed with snow, mid-week.

Yeah, I finally made it to the sewing room yest. I clipped threads, spray starched front & back of the Japanese Cross & Plus quilt, & got it all sandwiched & basted. It's ready for FMQ. My goal is to have it done by guild mtg. next week. It felt good to finally get something accomplished.

This a.m. it's the dentist & seating of my crown. I need to stop at the groc. store for salmon for DH, which he eats every day for lunch.

DS#2 starts his new job in 50 min. He's in my thoughts & prayers today. It will be long 10 hr. days.

Well, DH is waiting for breakfast, & I need to get the laundry going.

14. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely sunny day, nice way to begin the week after a cold, rainy. dreary Sunday. Got to get moving quickly this morning as the dried laundry needs folding and putting away, need to clear the dining room table for some sewing. New great grandchild expected this month and i need to start choosing some unisex fabrics as no clue if it will be a boy or girl. Baby's brothers, 3 and 5 yrs old, were born near Father's Day and it would be nice if this baby arrives for Mother's Day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BUGS BUNNY.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	158938

16. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! It was a cool rainy weekend here and now it's really foggy! I've got 6 more days to work and May 17 I'm back into full retirement....woohoo! We're planning a driving trip later this month to Colorado Springs for our grandson's high school graduation. DH doesn't want hotel reservations made along the route, so I'm uneasy about having lodging available. I hope we don't have to sleep in the truck, that doesn't appeal to me at all. Our son is flying out. I'm not much for flying, but this is one time I'd prefer it.
    Quilting is going slowly. I have a donation quilt on the frame and another one to quilt after I add borders. I haven't made anything for myself lately, although I have one ready for quilting...just need to find backing for it. I hope to pick up the pace soon. I need to get my "sewjo" back.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

18. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone and welcome back Anita,

It's going to be another beautiful day, and it was perfect weekend weather to get outdoors and open windows. I was indoors on Saturday, helping my GF at the fabric market. It closed early, so we were out by 3pm and guess where we stopped -- at a quilt shop where she picked up some fabrics for her GS quilt. Yesterday morning, we emptied the shed. I store all my lawn ornaments, large flower pots and benches there. It was time to put away the snow blower and shovels. This is the beginning of yardwork season. Then I went for a manicure, and got a coral colour. I'm getting adventurous with nail colour, but bright colours make me happy.

In the evening, I did go through the quilt tops I was given to see what I need to add to make them the size for VQC. I have 3 ready to go. Today I will deliver a VQC quilt to a second cousin undergoing radiation and chemo treatment. and go to our group meeting. I will be tired after that. I cooked a small roast beef for dinner, so we can have sandwiches with salad for dinner.

When we get nice weather, there is so much to do, so little time. Enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

20. Thanks Star lover, Monique, baslp thanked for this post