Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Sunday Hellos

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday Hellos

Hi,
    I, up early, so I'll start the thread. Sunny today again and warming up. Yesterday I helped a friend at a fabric flea market. It's well attended and she unloaded a lot of fabrics she bought as 10 bin lot a few years ago. It has paid for itself many times. I had a few items on the table which sold. Yeah.

Today I will get a manicure, and may do some yardwork before. Not much planned quilt wise, except to pull out unfinished tops to bring to VQC sew group tomorrow.

Enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

2. Thanks baslp thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sunday Hellos

Happy Sunday!

It will be cool but sunny here, I'm looking forward to seeing some sunshine. The weather has been rather dreary the last few days. Sun again tomorrow, then back to rain one day and clear the next. That's typical spring weather for us.

Mom's roofer called Thursday. Looks like she will be getting her new roof sooner rather than later. When I signed the contract, he said they wouldn't be out until June. Yikes! I need to coordinate Mom Duty with my sister. Mom might be ok while the roofers are there, or she might get agitated and need calming down. I talked to my boss on Friday, she approved time off if I need it. I did tell him not to come May 17 - 21, when my Texas sister is visiting. He thinks they will be done by then.

The house on the north side of Mom is on the market. I just looked at the pictures online. The asking price is high for this neighborhood, but it is a seller's market right now. And it looks like they did a lot of updating. Their house is laid out very similar to mine. I really like what they did with the kitchen; they have some extra cabinets and counters, and their refrigerator is in a better spot. No plans to renovate here, though!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. I have a busy Saturday. We participated in the Sjoegrin’s walk at the zoo. I was diagnosed with this a few yrs ago. We also cleaned out our bonus room. New furniture will be delivered tomorrow. It is damp and dreary here today. I will keep working on my quilt blocks.

Have a good day
    Beth

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Nothing new to post since I posted late yesterday. Just got home from church. About to go get busy on brother's quilt. Slow progress, but I'm feeling good about it. I think I'll actually be able to gift it to him for Christmas. I always wonder when I start projects. This afternoon, after the grass dries, I will edge and mow the yard

Julie, best of luck with mom's new roof. Sometimes the hardest part is getting them to show up. Sounds like you've finally found the right one.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Nothing new to post since I posted late yesterday. Just got home from church. About to go get busy on brother's quilt. Slow progress, but I'm feeling good about it. I think I'll actually be able to gift it to him for Christmas. I always wonder when I start projects. This afternoon, after the grass dries, I will edge and mow the yard

Julie, best of luck with mom's new roof. Sometimes the hardest part is getting them to show up. Sounds like you've finally found the right one.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,

Sunny here, but a wind out of the north. We live about 50 miles from the Canadian border, so I always have to thank Canada for the cool wind! LOL Julie, our weather has been a lot like yours....I do wish it would get in the 60's again.

GK will be picked up later this afternoon, so this evening will be spent in "recovery" I love my GKs, but the older I get, the more I also love peace and quiet. Anybody else feel like that? I definitely wonder how I raised 3 kids!!!

I'm off to see what the day brings. Have a blessed Sunday everyone.
    Jeanne

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am sore today after yardwork yesterday. It rained some in the afternoon so we had to stop early. That was a good thing, I might not have been able to walk today if I had done more.
    I did some more on my 30's quilt and have to top all together, now on to the borders. It has two rows of hst and so far is 75 by 90 or so. It may end up king size. , I am trying to figure out how to quilt it, what designs to use.
    Today is our son and dil's anniversary and the kids dance recital. I am looking forward to seeing the almost 5yo boy dance, this may be very funny. I have some roses for them after that I need to dethorn and wrap in plastic then tissue. I hope that is the way to do it, my first dance recital as a grammaw or really ever.

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Home from church, but not before the bottom fell out. Jim and I were on the bridge when lightning flashed, I got the one out before the huge boom. It shook the truck. It's just a slow rain now.

Mike and I had egg salad sandwiches for lunch. So, I'm set for the afternoon. Kids will be here early Mon- Wed. as Morgan has to work. J will be arriving later on Thurs. since Mom can bring him. (I know what you're thinking...I know my schedule in advanced... amazing, isn't it!

Enjoy your afternoon!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon ~ I didn't have time early this a.m. to check the Forum. Church this a.m. I drove DH's '95 Ford Crown Victoria; I try to drive it at least once a week to keep it "exercised". I took the long way home to give it some higher speed hwy. miles. I've had a snack & just now am checking in.

It's another beautiful day. Sunny & almost 88 deg.! The flowering trees around town are at their peak & so pretty. Of course, that means pollen for hay fever sufferers. Lots of green now showing up on the trees. We don't leaf out here very early due to the higher altitude. I plan to take it easy the rest of the day, but I'm hoping to get to the sewing room for some quilt therapy. I'm making such slow progress with my projects. I either haven't had the energy or just not enough time in the day. I'd really like to quilt that Japanese Cross & Plus quilt before guild next week so I'll have a Sew & Tell.

DS#2 starts his new job in the morning. He's been without work almost 7 wks., which in the big scheme of things, wasn't all that bad, I guess. He had some PT temp. work for a friend to help get him through the slump.

Well, on with my day.

17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nwmnteacher View Post

GK will be picked up later this afternoon, so this evening will be spent in "recovery" I love my GKs, but the older I get, the more I also love peace and quiet. Anybody else feel like that? I definitely wonder how I raised 3 kids!!!
    Oh I feel the same, and DH even more. I was an energetic mom, but I got, as they say, worn out from work and all that stuff. Really happy to see GKs but glad when they leave.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.