Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday Greetings! :)

Good Morning ~ I see chatter, but not a daily thread, so I'll chime in. I'm late getting here. Had a busy morning. Laundry is done & part of it is hanging on hangers outside on the line to dry more quickly. It's another beautiful morning. I think we'll see 80 deg. or better today. Yest. it was 79.

Good news! DS#2 who moved to Colo. the end of Mar. finally has a job! He starts Mon. In his words, it's "not my dream job, but will pay the bills and get me back on my feet." He'll be working for an oil drilling company that supplies all the rigs in their territory. It's sort of a "field hospital" version of a warehouse, Quonset huts, and containers for storage. He'll be working 10 hr. days, so will have 10 hrs. of OT every week. He'll also need to be on call one week a month. The job site is only 13 mi. from his house. Our prayers are answered.

Son Brad's B/P is down to a normal reading at least. He's monitoring it at home & will follow-up with his family dr.

Last eve. I watched the free episode on The Quilt Show where Marianne Fons was the guest. They filmed at her house in Iowa. She shared her quilting journey. It was very interesting. I recommend it.

Well, I need to get on with the rest of my day. Have a great week end!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Saturday Greetings! :)

Hi Joy and all who follow.

I slept late, would have slept longer if Jim hadn't called. He was on the way to the day course at UNF. I hope he gets something out of it.

It's beautiful here, hot outside, so I'm going to enjoy the AC and my new rug.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Saturday greetings!

It is a cloudy day but no rain yet. Stitching for my little grandson today. Fun to see world through their eyes. We will watch the derby later. A quilt book arrived today so some quiet time with it will be just the ticket later.

Happy Stitching!

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon everyone. Storms passed through last night/early morning but the sun is out now and a beautiful day. Ran a few errands this morning, did laundry and had lunch with a friend. This afternoon is for piecing. Just taking a break now, but going back to do more while I'm on a roll! You never know how long (or short) that will last. Have a good weekend.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Cool and cloudy AGAIN. Been trying to keep the 2 youngest GKs entertained. While we were watching a kids' movie, I finished sewing the binding on a quilt. That will be it for sewing for the rest of the weekend.

Blessings,
    Jeanne

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good evening,

It was an early start and good day at the fabric market sale. Doors opened early, and shoppers were eager. I didn't have that much, but came back with a lot less. My GF who rented the table got rid of lots of fabrics. It is beautiful and warm. I'm enjoying a 2nd glass of wine, as I hear the door, DH is just back from a day at the gliding club.

Enjoy your evening.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.