Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Friday!!

Good morning dear friends. Today marks my oldest son's birthday. What 35? Yesterday you were 4.

I was sad to read this morning that Stationarymom had passed away at the age of 57. There have been two deaths this week and they were 51 and 55. That makes 3 now all under the age of 60.

I had my dr's appointment yesterday. Going for a battery of blood work, I will have a colonoscopy sometime in the near future (which I reminded him about) and a stress test very soon. I also need to go for xrays as I have had weird feelings in my left arm, one reason for the stress test. Hubby was his next patient and he has a battery of blood work to get done and xrays of his chest as he has a dry hacky cough.

Not sure what today will bring yet. It is another rainy day today, maybe a good day to sew something. Tomorrow is our friend's annual 'golf tourney' and I use that term loosely, hahaha. But we are supposed to have a beautiful warm day, which we really need.

Have a great Friday everyone and weekend as well. Prayers for those in need.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Friday!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sugar.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	159.2 KB 
ID:	158881

Good Morning Everyone...

I'm saddened to hear about Joan (Stationarymom) passing. She had a condition that would have been very hard to live with. My prayers are with her family and all of her friends.

We have a little respite from the rain, but more is coming. It should be a blustery weekend with a lot more rain.

Little Miss (Sugar) sat still for a selfie yesterday....she sends her love. Maggie wanted nothing to do with it.

Have a good Friday everyone. Hugs....
    Last edited by Bubby; May 3rd, 2019 at 09:13 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ Yesterday was a busy one for me. In the morning I did laundry, then decided to snake the sink drains. DH sometimes still is able to do this on a good day, but I went ahead with it because I wanted to try that baking soda-vinegar mix to clean & freshen the drains. I got the recipe on line. DH was concerned about leaving the vinegar in the drains too long, because of the age of our house & drains, so I left it in there only 5-10 min. before rinsing things well. Things are flowing better now.

In the afternoon, after it warmed up outside, I put on my old clothes & went out to clear the sprinkler heads. I decided it would be easier & less strain on my hand to just use the weed eater rather than the hand tools & digging. I ended up doing the whole yard! I was pooped after that. I took it easy the rest of the day. The guy from the lawn service is supposed to come a 9 a.m. to turn on our system.

Son Brad ended up going in to work yest. after all. Co-workers were interested in his ER & hosp. experience. The nurse checked his B/P; it was 150/100. His B/P cuff from Amazon already arrived. Since they live a ways from major shopping, they order a lot from Amazon. He planned to work from home today.

At 11 a.m. I'm going to a tea at the home of a lady from my church. It's always an enjoyable experience. The last time I was invited, I had to miss due to conflicts. I'm glad it works out this time. On the way home, I'll stop at Walmart; I have a long list.

I hope everyone has a good day & week end.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sugar.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	159.2 KB 
ID:	158881

Good Morning Everyone...

I'm saddened to hear about Joan (Stationarymom) passing. She had a condition that would have been very hard to live with. My prayers are with her family and all of her friends.

We have a little respite from the rain, but more is coming. It should be a blustery weekend with a lot more rain.

Little Miss (Sugar) sat still for a selfie yesterday....she sends her love. Maggie wanted nothing to do with it.

Have a good Friday everyone. Hugs....
    Cute as can be!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning ladies,
    Another rainy and gloomy day, but the water has stopped rising for now. This will give a reprieve to the volunteeers.

Yesterday I had a lunch with group of my GF Pam's friends. Many are from the sailing club which I had seen there but didn't know. We sail a catamaran not a keelboat, and we are doing less of it now. It was a European restaurant across town that served schnitzels, perogies and other great side dishes. We also had these amazing desserts to share. It was fun and Pam was happy to get her quilt. It's the Diamond Dash pattern done with Kaffe Fassett fabrics. It was one of the first quilts that I quilted on Sweet 16, using a different design in each block.

Today is relatively free, except I will be helping my GF Dorothy set up for a fabric market sale on Saturday. I have rented a table in the past but could not commit to the date in January. I agreed to help her and may put a few item on the table. I plan on doing some more spicing the hockey back.

Sad to hear of recent deaths. So young. My DD is going to another funeral of a friend's father. It's important to keep on top of changes in our health. I am on a Facebook Group for FMQ with Jeanne Harrisson. She posted a message a few days ago, that she has been diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer.

I dropped off some muffins and other stuff at my DD. The GKs can be so cute. We picked some dates where I will keep 1 or 2 at a time during the summer. These are dates when the GKs are not in summer camps. This could change if DH gets a date for cataract surgery.

Enjoy your day. Stay safe.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

8. Thanks Claire Hallman, Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It was in the high 70 s yesterday. Today it is cloudy and chilly. I am up and waiting for a someone to clean our dryer vent. Our washer and dryer are getting a work out with the pug’ pee pads. Then the groomer comes to groom the cat and pug. In between doing crowd control I plan on sewing more blocks. My DH and DS arrived home late last night. They had a long day packing up and storing most of his stuff at college. Things will be a lot louder around here with him home.

Have a good day.
    Beth

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

It's hard to believe it's time to start making summer plans. Jim had a great day yesterday with the Senior Thesis projects only to find out that PEP has changed the requirements to one of his classes and now, nobody's signed up for it. So, a $300. cut in pay a month. They just can't afford to do that. I let him blow off steam on his ride from school to my house. He's got a conference to go to tomorrow, he's planning on seeing if he can get on with one of the companies there. It would be in line with the course work he's taking and if he doesn't slow down his pacing he could be job ready in the fall.

Right now, I'm waiting on the rug. We moved the furniture yesterday. The kids were upset, no one can sit at the table but me. lol, all of the furniture is pushed back in front of the china cabinet. I've vacuumed and mopped the floor, so I'm as ready as I can get.

J is keeping a count down to the "cast off day". I don't know who is more excited. I'm so ready to have this thing off!

Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

A busy morning here getting 3 GKs ready for school. DH came home and picked them up so they could catch their bus. The elementary school is in the next town over, 10 miles away. The junior and senior high are here in our town. Some years ago the two towns consolidated the schools and split the grades. I guess that was about 18 years ago.

I'm praying for my sister's FIL today. He's having surgery to remove his leg due to a sore on his foot that caused the bone to get infected. This is his second surgery in 6 months. He had his other leg amputated before the new year due to the same type of issue. I feel so sad for him. He is a diabetic but it seems he has trouble regulating his blood sugar. His wife passed away about a year ago. He was living with my sister and her husband for a while, but lately has been in a long term care facility due to how difficult his care was becoming. My poor sister was a worn out wreck. They still have hopes he can come home to them eventually, depending on how everything goes. I'm also a diabetic, and this is such an eye-opener as to what can happen if one doesn't get their blood sugar under control.

I plan to get in my sewing room today while the GKs are in school. Yesterday was busy with getting the laundry done, picking up the house, and getting ready for kids. My sit-down LA is in their bedroom, so I had to stow some things away from curious hands.

Cloudy and rain expected this morning. Hopefully the afternoon will clear up so the kiddos can play outside after school.

Blessings, Jeanne

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Claire Hallman, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What an adorable pic of Miss Sugar. Too bad Maggie is camera shy, lol. How's Miss Dottie? Stay safe & dry.

Gina

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon ~ What a delightful tea we had this morning! A lady from my church holds a tea at her home at least once a year. I've been once before but couldn't attend the last time. The sprinkler guy came 30 min. early, so I had time to do my Walmart shopping prior to the tea, which worked out great. There were 7 of ladies; one gal couldn't come. The table was decorated to the nines, with fancy dishes, several kinds of tea in their cozies, & wonderful food. I took my own Rooibos tea, since I drink nothing but distilled water. Conversation & sharing was good. It was a real treat. It was good to socialize with friends.

It's sunny & a beautiful day. High temp. was 79. I have a couple windows open.

Does anyone have Joan's (stationarymom) address? I'd like to send a card to her family.

Barb, what a cute pic of Sugar!

Katrina ~ When does the cast come off?

I hope everyone has a good week end.

PS: Joan's address is listed in her User Notes in case anyone else is interested in sending a sympathy card to the family.
    Last edited by JCY; May 3rd, 2019 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Additional Info.

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post