• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaggieSue
    Missouri Star
    • Sep 2015

I am considering upgrading my Pfaff Creative Sensation to

The Pfaff Icon. Wondering if anyone has this machine? Any pros or cons? The first con for me is that the foot print for this machine is larger than my Koala cabinet, so I would have to get a new cabinet. I suppose I could just set it on the top, but I like to tuck it away when not in use. Any thoughts?
  • Claire Hallman
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2011

Re: I am considering upgrading my Pfaff Creative Sensation to

Could you get a carpenter to adjust the cabinet for you? Or perhaps trade the cabinet in, too?
    Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• GuitarGramma
      Missouri Star
      • Apr 2012

Re: I am considering upgrading my Pfaff Creative Sensation to

I bought a used Janome 15000 because it was such a screaming deal. But Arrow Cabinets specifically states that it won't fit in the cabinet I have. It turned out that I can make it fit by doing things like taking off the accessory tray and plugging in the cord AFTER the machine is at the sewing level. I also use the Janome 15000 extension table instead of a custom-made insert. True, the extension table doesn't reach to the back of the opening, but that has not caused me any problems; the fabric to the left of the machine just supports the other fabric right over the opening.

In other words, do some very careful measuring of your cabinet and the machine dimensions. They might just work together despite what Koala tells you!
      Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Working...
      X