Warm n' Tater vs. regular batting - can you tell a difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thimbelina
    UN-Biased
    • Sep 2014

Warm n' Tater vs. regular batting - can you tell a difference?

I've been making microwavable bowls, and have been using the Wrap and Zap or Warm 'n Tater batting. I came across a pile of batting while in my sewing room, and am not sure what type it is. Is there a way to tell the difference between the kind of batting you can microwave and regular old Warm and Natural? If so, how? They look exactly the same!

Thanks!
    I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.
  • jjkaiser
    Missouri Star
    • Oct 2013

Re: Warm n' Tater vs. regular batting - can you tell a difference?

I don't know but I would try calling the company that makes Warm & Natural. This seems like a question they would get asked alot. If you find out, would you please come back and tell us?
    Jocelyn
    South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

• Heather

I remember reading somewhere warm & natural has poly in the scrim, in which case it would probably catch fire in the microwave. I wouldn't use an unknown batt in the bowls. Maybe you could make matching placemats with it?

Comment

• MHG Winnower
        Missouri Star
        • Nov 2015

Looked the contents of Warm n Natural up. Product description says it is 100% cotton fibers. In the Specifications:
        12% Polypropylene, Cotton Blend
        Checking on polypropylene - Most microwavable plastic food containers are going to be polypropylene. While in general polypropylene is considered to be microwavable, again you would need to check with the manufacture before using in the microwave. ... PET and polycarbonate should not be used for microwaving as they tend to absorb heat.
        I have gone to strictly using Wrap and Zap for the microwavable bowl cosies. Walmart sells it online / pick up in store for a great price.
        “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
        “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

• KPH
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2015

When I have left overs of the wrap and zap, I in a label on it before I stick it in the closet.
          Katrina
          From NC, retired in FL
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Carol336
            Missouri Star
            • May 2013

Originally posted by MHG Winnower View Post
            I have gone to strictly using Wrap and Zap for the microwavable bowl cosies. Walmart sells it online / pick up in store for a great price.
            Ditto MHG Winnover, all I use is Wrap and zap. I broke down and bought a whole bolt of it.....lots of bowls and potato bags in my future!!!!

Comment

• MHG Winnower
              Missouri Star
              • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Carol336 View Post
              Ditto MHG Winnover, all I use is Wrap and zap. I broke down and bought a whole bolt of it.....lots of bowls and potato bags in my future!!!!
              Well, you are not alone, Carol! I have a full bolt sitting in my sewing room. I've never made a "potato bag".....do they really work?
              Love the cosies. and they make great little gifts.
              “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
              “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Working...
              X