Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thursday hellos!

Good morning friends. Well we didn't get the snow/freezing rain they predicted yesterday. Yes there were a few flurries in the air and some ice pellets but it soon changed to rain and boy did it rain. That is not good for those affected by the floods. And the flooding continues, it is so terribly sad.

Hubby took me out for breakfast yesterday but that is all we did. We were too early to go shopping. This afternoon we both have dr's appointments so I will do my running around then.

I was cleaning up the sewing room again yesterday. Found things I really don't need. So they are now in a giveaway/maybe garage sale pile for now.

Not sure what else will happen today. So have a wonderful day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday hellos!

Good Morning All,

They're calling for rain here the next several days. Hopefully that means the flooding rains are moving out of your area.

J will be here shortly, we had about 2 hours to work yesterday. M brought him late and picked him up early. Her schedule this month is nuts, so when she can see the kids, I'm not going to complain. Jim's school finishes up in a couple of weeks, so we're winding down the year anyway!

Nana will bring the little ones over this afternoon. Jim gets off at 1. He's going to do some grading and help Mike get up the rugs in the TV area. The new rug comes tomorrow! I'm excited. It's the one I wanted to start with, but Howard liked this one ( cheaper and red!) I gave in, but it's too much solid color and doesn't hide quilting threads at all! LOL like bright white beacons shining on that red!

Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It is suppose to get to 85 today. I did my running around yesterday. I plan on staying home today. My husband left early to go pick up our DS from college. He just finished his jr year. He will be doing an internship this summer. I did manage to sew a few blocks last night. Little by little I am going to finish these blocks.

Have a good day
    Beth

6. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning...Not too much happening here. I'm online between storms. It looks like Jeff will have to cancel his hunting plans for the weekend due to the weather. This will be the third year in a row this has happened. I feel bad for him, as he looks forward to this little trip every year so much to get together with old friends who come from several states.

Several of our friends had damage from the storm Tuesday night. The prison where Jeff works had significant damage. If this weather front is heading your way don't take it lightly.

Progress is being made on the binding of the wedding quilt. I can sew for 30-45 minutes and then have to take a break for a few hours. I'm on the fourth side, so maybe by tomorrow it will be done.

Have a great day everyone....

8. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ I think we'll see the sun today; it's supposed to be ~60 deg. After it warms up, I need to go around the yard & clear all the sprinkler heads of grass. The lawn service is coming tomorrow a.m. to turn on our sprinkler system.

I can breathe a sigh of relief knowing son Brad is out of the hosp. & doing better. He was planning to work from home today & take it easy.

I need to do laundry today. Not sure if I'll make it to the sewing room, but I'd like to sandwich & baste the Japanese Cross & Plus quilt, which is the one from which I used those snowballed corners to make these 2 mini quilts. I want to "Sew & Tell" them as a set at the next guild mtg.

DH is waiting for breakfast, so it's time to get on with my day.

10. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,

Ditto for Monique's weather report. Its dreary and cold. Feels more like early winter.

Revised P's resume, ran errands, visited mom, pulled out her clothes that needs labelling and dropped off items for the garage sale. Then I just had to sew. I'm feeling overwhelmed and the only way to relieve this stress is to sew. I decided to start sewing the strip blocks for the hockey quilt back. I'm not going to overthink this, and just get it done. It blocks my energy when i see unfinished items. That probably why I don't have UFOs that hang around for years.

Today I'm having a group lunch with GFs and Pam, our friend who needs a liver transplant. I am giving her a quilt, which she picked from photos. As I am usually the designated driver, I will start pick up of ladies at 11. Restaurant is coincidentally next to a large quilt store i across town.

Enjoy your day. Stay safe and heed any weather warning.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

12. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Tonight is guild so I will try to find/make something for the snack table, perhaps just ice.
    We had to get a new hot water heater yesterday, I am looking forward to a hot shower after zumba today.
    I need to balance the checkbook and pay the bills plus the housekeeper comes this afternoon, it will be busy around here. The dog and I will hide in the sewing room. I have one more block to make on the 30s carpenters wheel before moving on to sashing. The pattern calls for 4" sashing but I have 2 1/2" cut, haven't decided whether to recut or not. Of course can't do a picture right now, maybe later.

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Hi ladies. I haven't had any news for a while, but have been following the forum. I hope the floods are improving up north. We had our share earlier in the year. Now it is just dry and warm with an occasional shower. We have had the A/C on for the past few days, but only in the afternoon.

I'm feeling very old today. It is my son's 60th birthday. Daughter just had her 62nd. Where did the time go? At least I still have one in his 50's!

I've been cleaning out the bonus room/attic. What a mess! I can't understand how 2 people can accumulate so much junk! Still have about a day's work to do, mostly hauling out the stuff for trash pick up. I gave a carload to my neighbor's church for their rummage sale. I've tried to get to the sewing room, but I couldn't get inspired. I'm trying to get a Grandmother's Fan done for GD, but I'm not making much progress! When the heat of summer hits, I'll be able to sew more.

Well, back to work. I have to change beds and get laundry done. Going out to Connors tonight to celebrate Robert's birthday. We have to drive to Knoxville during rush hour to get there. It's only 20 miles or so, but the drivers there get a little crazy in the afternoon!

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,
    The sun is actually shining this morning! Yay! Temps will still be cool, in the high 40's, but it feels so much warmer due to the sunshine.
    No sewing done yesterday, instead I worked on the entry area painting. I need to get the paint and supplies put away later today since the GK's will be coming over in the evening. Once I get them off to school on Friday, I might head for the sewing room. Today will be laundry and clean the bathroom.
    Joy, I was glad to read your son is out of the hospital and has a plan for his health.
    Praying for the flooding in Canada to start receding.

Blessings,
    Jeanne

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Another gray day in the 50's, same as yesterday. I didn't let that deter me. I powered through and finished the last flower bed. Whee! I've never finished spring clean-up this early. Got some transplanting done, the rest of the peony's in their cages and some stakes put in for the lilies. I visited the farm stand looking to replace my gloves and came home with a clematis and a free daffodil plant. So after all this I was too pooped to sew.
    This morning hubs and I had early breakfast at the coffee shop, I finally met Sandy and gave her the string quilt. She loved it.
    Hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post